Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Information Minister Insists On Low Call Tariffs . - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Information Minister Insists On Low Call Tariffs . (3536 Views)

CBN Insists It Won’t Reverse Restriction On Naira ATM Card Abroad / Ex-minister Dalhatu’s Firm, Chicken Republic Owners, Others Owe UBA N9.3bn / NCC Slashes Call Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Information Minister Insists On Low Call Tariffs . by mrperfect(m): 2:03pm On Aug 14, 2010
This is a welcome development.
Re: Information Minister Insists On Low Call Tariffs . by mrofficial(m): 8:15am On Aug 15, 2010
080Nigeria:

The one that annoys me the most is MTN internet. It's really looooooousy. Fast- yes. But unreasonably expensive, disconnects too often and doesn't support many websites (at least its not to good for certain ports that are useful for me as a web designer). I really hope someone talks sense to them. If they reap off billions and lose goodwill, they will ultimately crash.

Unfortunately, I am being reminded now that we don't have many better options,

You can't make use of RDP (Remote Desktop Connection) on it. I hate MTN from the beginning, I've never used their line and I will never use it. People are just too blind to see better networks like Glo and Etisalat.
Re: Information Minister Insists On Low Call Tariffs . by samoks(m): 9:28am On Aug 15, 2010
Try calling MTN customer care,i bet you will regret. They will tell you to please stay on theline, but they will play useless songs for you for 15minutes, then cut u off. MTN is a rip-off, Zain even worse, I use both MTN and Zain, but i am regreting why i did not claim my ETISALAT line that i reserved then. Please let them introduce Number Portability. I will be the first to transfer my MTN and Zain to Etisalat.
Re: Information Minister Insists On Low Call Tariffs . by smasher1(m): 4:12pm On Aug 15, 2010
New entrants like Etisalat, visafone who have not made much profit and subscribers are cheaper. Now they all namely MTN, GLO, ZAIN now reduce call rates by bringing in new packages like the Mtn train and yet their prices are still more expensive than Etisalat, Visafone. They are all thieves. They should still reduce their tariffs especially Mtn to half of what is obtainable. Imagine, Mtn, Zain call other networks in Nigeria @ 58 kobo while Etisalat is cheaper.
Re: Information Minister Insists On Low Call Tariffs . by Jencejyde(m): 12:00am On Aug 16, 2010
hahah business, plus politics of naija,

I reserve my comments for now and watch where this one ends!
Re: Information Minister Insists On Low Call Tariffs . by johndavid1(m): 5:00pm On Aug 18, 2010
is it going to work? i hope it works!
Re: Information Minister Insists On Low Call Tariffs . by SABalogun: 1:31pm On Aug 19, 2010
Yeah, all the communication companies are thief. I support low tariff.
Re: Information Minister Insists On Low Call Tariffs . by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 21, 2010
Naija is such a funny place. Such a confused country with confused people in it. No co-ordination. Just stable electricity, simple organization, simple abidance of rules, simple straight thinking. Na lie. The law makers are the chief law breakers. When will naija ever come to its sense ? The last time I was there the state of things was worse than it was when I left it. We need prayers my brothers and sisters
Re: Information Minister Insists On Low Call Tariffs . by Pukkah: 5:38pm On Dec 09, 2011
More than a year after, where are the low call tariffs?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Importation Business; The Easiest & The Most Lucrative And Profitable Venture / Access Bank wins 2019 GBA Women’s Market Champion Impact Award / How To Register for the Ongoing Eco-6-lumi: $100 Grant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.