Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,381 members, 7,829,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Tolulope Ibukun Wins Asmaf Scholarship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tolulope Ibukun Wins Asmaf Scholarship (1031 Views)

ECOWAS, Sack Olu Ibukun Koye And Get Him Tried For Bioterrorism / Koye Olu Ibukun The ECOWAS DIPLOMAT Who Moved Ebola To Port Harcourt Photo! / Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tolulope Ibukun Wins Asmaf Scholarship by Nobody: 5:31am On Aug 13, 2010
[size=28pt]Tolulope Ibukun wins ASMAF scholarship
[/size]

THE dreams of 23 year-old undergraduate, Miss Olubamido Tolulope Ibukun to become a medical doctor inched closer to realisation when she recently won the the Ajesola Solarin Majekodunmi Foundation (ASMAF) scholarship.

The foundation provides assistance to intelligent , talented but less-privileged Nigeria women to achieve their the Ajesola Solarin Majekodunmi Foundation (ASMAF) has awarded scholarship to Miss Olubamido Tolulope Ibukun.

Speaking at the award ceremony at the National Sickle Cell Centre in Idi-Araba recently, the founder, Professor Ajesola Majekodunmi said: “The scholarship provides financial assistance for a professional course at tertiary level, up to six years, life skills, leadership development programme including mentoring and access to resources that provide useful information and tools that encourage academic excellence and lifelong learning.”
She said ASMAF is determined to facilitate the development of top quality female Nigerian professionals and leaders through assistance to those who are financially handicapped and also increase the representation of females in Accountancy, Architecture, Engineering, Law and Medicine,where they are currently underrepresented.
The foundation also hopes to contribute towards the development of future leaders and ensure a better future for successive generations of Nigerians.
She urged the recipient not to relent on her efforts to achieve success and to face her challenges with zeal to if she is to achieve her goals in life.
Member , Board of Trustees Professor Olusoga Sofola said that the board had plnned to scholarships to eight applicants but could only award do so to one because others did not meet the requirements.
He explained: “In selecting the awardees, we looked at social behaviour, course of study and geographical area. Out of 53 applicants , nine showed up.”
Beaming with smileS, the 300 levels Medical student of Lagos State University College of Medicine, Miss Olubamido Tolulope thanked the founder for the opportunity to realise her dream.
“Getting admission to the university was difficult.
At a point I nearly gave up, but was encouraged by my mother. I never knew that one day, I will be chosen from among many.
I am grateful to the Foundation for making it possible for me to work towards achieving my dreams,” she remarked.

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19573:tolulope-ibukun-wins-asmaf-scholarship&catid=3:metro&Itemid=558

(1) (Reply)

Wow! Development Continues As Governor Akpabio Flies Pdp Flag In Akwa Ibom / Parody On Patience Jonathan / My Plea To Jonatha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.