Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Amaechitape : My Conversation With A Friend - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechitape : My Conversation With A Friend (463 Views)

Samuel Ogundipe's Secret Conversation With Onyema (Audio) / Full Extract Of Kyari's Conversation With Hushpuppi That Nailed Him / Lauretta Onochie On Saraki’s Conversation With Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechitape : My Conversation With A Friend by Dejikohen: 7:26am On Jan 16, 2019
A friend of mine placed a phone call through to me in the wee hours of the 6th of this month in the still quite young year. When I saw the call the first thought that passed through my mind was "I hope the President is alright? This friend only calls when something is wrong in the villa." This morning however, my friend sounded relaxed and we had our routine conversation on our respective plans for the year, the likely impact of the forthcoming elections on the nation and Africa as a continent. I told her we stand at a very significant threshold in the history of the nation. Political education and citizen awareness is at an all time high, eventhough I am still bothered by the low rate of PVC collection. She was excited about the prospect of getting married this year and landing a new job as a senior special assistant to perhaps the most powerful minister in the present legislature.

Suddenly she went mute and in a low but worrisome voice she asked: "Deji, have you listened to the audio? Of course I knew she was referring to the 'Amaechi-gate' revelations and I said, Yes. I asked to know why she sounded worried since I knew that the minister was not her boss. She replied: "Deji, tell me what you think of the situation, and is there an end in sight?

I replied by telling her what I do think, some of which I have decided to pen down for posterity sake. Other points of our discussions are not meant for more than four ears.

Upon listening to the audio, the first impression of every Nigerian will be - this is Amaechi's voice and he was revealing the reality known by every citizen of this great nation, while the APC, Ameachi's supporters and journalist will ask questions like how we are sure the minister's voice was not somehow dubbed in order to implicate him, we can also only wonder how a politician of his status and standing be that careless about such public expression of a delicate opinion (as a politician, not as a patriot). Some groups believe strongly that the audio was doctored and that was obviously the work of PDP and his enemies.

The first thing my friend and her APC colleagues need to be aware of is that this audio will in no way affect the outcome of the 2019 elections. This is an un-united Nigeria where the parameters for voting at elections are far from conventional. However, the audio would have been more of a determinant in the 2019 elections if it was the voice of the President or the Vice-president.

For me none of the above arguments matter. Moreover, I am concerned with the political future of the minister and the thought of Mr President and the Kaduna Mafia. What most Nigerians fail to realise is President Muhammadu Buhari is (not 'was') a General. Forget democracy, agbada and the babariga politics, the man and his political 'tribe' (Kaduna Mafia) will ensure that nothing can change it, not even being the President of Nigeria. One item sacrosanct in the political constitution of men like the President is humility and the opposite is betrayal; a General demands absolute loyalty from his foot soldiers and lieutenants. Appearing to be anything otherwise is an invitation to termination. Let us not give ourselves to the illusion of thinking that PMB is dull and cannot think or read like the audio said; to be a General means you have become skilled in the art of strategy and leading something as tactically delicate and demanding as leading a coup. Edward Luttwark showed us that there is a skilled residue with the grand master.

In the president's camp the strategy is clear as crystal, the aim now is winning the election and no General goes to war with a divided house. So the minister is a post-election matter, to be dealt with after victory at the polls. However, the president's personal mafia (General Dambabazu, Abba Kyari, Issa Funtuai to name a few) will be tasked with putting the minister at arms length to reduce his influence and further damage he might do in the General's camp, as his loyalty cannot be ascertained anymore. As we saw with the inguaration of the Presidential campaign committee, the minister will just be the Director-General in name with no influence or authority. The show will be run by the Asiwaju. Furthermore, the minister's access will be limited, after all Akpabio can wield more influence and bring in more votes in Akwa-Ibom, compared to Amaechi in Rivers.

After the election, the president and his mafia will take one of the ministries from him, possibly Aviation and after some time, say a maximum of nine months, there will be cabinet reshuffle in masking a payback for those that supported the President's first and second term victory and Amaechi will be skillfully kicked out with the promise some form of juice appointment. The minister's good standing with appointments will start falling like a pack of cards like the NIMASA guy except they read the hand writing on the wall and sell their loyalty to the highest bidder as common with our politics. The masterstroke will then be to start prosecuting the minister for corruption. He will be belligrently forced out in the name of fighting corruption and house cleaning.

For Rt, Hon Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, no matter how much composure he displays on television and other media platforms, we know he his jittery. Now Mr minister is not the time to prove loyalty as that will be termed desperation. It is time to show solidarity, meanwhile Nigeria has taught us that nothing lasts forever and no politician can be written off. Omisore is an obvious case study. Another man in need of the minister's political experience, presenting him with opportunities will surely arise and then he will have the liberty of showing his boss where his heart belongs.

Lastly to Mr Amaechi: Do not ever mention this issue if your boss does not speak or show any sign of intending to have any conversation concerning this matter, let the sleeping dog lie.

Thank you my friend.

God bless you and may He bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Adewumi Adedeji.
Writes from Lagos, Nigeria.
Dejijupiter@gmail.com
@_AdewumiAdedeji
#DPresidentDiary.
Re: Amaechitape : My Conversation With A Friend by bedspread: 7:41am On Jan 16, 2019
Dejikohen:
A friend of mine placed a phone call through to me in the wee hours of the 6th of this month in the still quite young year. When I saw the call the first thought that passed through my mind was "I hope the President is alright? This friend only calls when something is wrong in the villa." This morning however, my friend sounded relaxed and we had our routine conversation on our respective plans for the year, the likely impact of the forthcoming elections on the nation and Africa as a continent. I told her we stand at a very significant threshold in the history of the nation. Political education and citizen awareness is at an all time high, eventhough I am still bothered by the low rate of PVC collection. She was excited about the prospect of getting married this year and landing a new job as a senior special assistant to perhaps the most powerful minister in the present legislature.

Suddenly she went mute and in a low but worrisome voice she asked: "Deji, have you listened to the audio? Of course I knew she was referring to the 'Amaechi-gate' revelations and I said, Yes. I asked to know why she sounded worried since I knew that the minister was not her boss. She replied: "Deji, tell me what you think of the situation, and is there an end in sight?

I replied by telling her what I do think, some of which I have decided to pen down for posterity sake. Other points of our discussions are not meant for more than four ears.

Upon listening to the audio, the first impression of every Nigerian will be - this is Amaechi's voice and he was revealing the reality known by every citizen of this great nation, while the APC, Ameachi's supporters and journalist will ask questions like how we are sure the minister's voice was not somehow dubbed in order to implicate him, we can also only wonder how a politician of his status and standing be that careless about such public expression of a delicate opinion (as a politician, not as a patriot). Some groups believe strongly that the audio was doctored and that was obviously the work of PDP and his enemies.

The first thing my friend and her APC colleagues need to be aware of is that this audio will in no way affect the outcome of the 2019 elections. This is an un-united Nigeria where the parameters for voting at elections are far from conventional. However, the audio would have been more of a determinant in the 2019 elections if it was the voice of the President or the Vice-president.

For me none of the above arguments matter. Moreover, I am concerned with the political future of the minister and the thought of Mr President and the Kaduna Mafia. What most Nigerians fail to realise is President Muhammadu Buhari is (not 'was') a General. Forget democracy, agbada and the babariga politics, the man and his political 'tribe' (Kaduna Mafia) will ensure that nothing can change it, not even being the President of Nigeria. One item sacrosanct in the political constitution of men like the President is humility and the opposite is betrayal; a General demands absolute loyalty from his foot soldiers and lieutenants. Appearing to be anything otherwise is an invitation to termination. Let us not give ourselves to the illusion of thinking that PMB is dull and cannot think or read like the audio said; to be a General means you have become skilled in the art of strategy and leading something as tactically delicate and demanding as leading a coup. Edward Luttwark showed us that there is a skilled residue with the grand master.

In the president's camp the strategy is clear as crystal, the aim now is winning the election and no General goes to war with a divided house. So the minister is a post-election matter, to be dealt with after victory at the polls. However, the president's personal mafia (General Dambabazu, Abba Kyari, Issa Funtuai to name a few) will be tasked with putting the minister at arms length to reduce his influence and further damage he might do in the General's camp, as his loyalty cannot be ascertained anymore. As we saw with the inguaration of the Presidential campaign committee, the minister will just be the Director-General in name with no influence or authority. The show will be run by the Asiwaju. Furthermore, the minister's access will be limited, after all Akpabio can wield more influence and bring in more votes in Akwa-Ibom, compared to Amaechi in Rivers.

After the election, the president and his mafia will take one of the ministries from him, possibly Aviation and after some time, say a maximum of nine months, there will be cabinet reshuffle in masking a payback for those that supported the President's first and second term victory and Amaechi will be skillfully kicked out with the promise some form of juice appointment. The minister's good standing with appointments will start falling like a pack of cards like the NIMASA guy except they read the hand writing on the wall and sell their loyalty to the highest bidder as common with our politics. The masterstroke will then be to start prosecuting the minister for corruption. He will be belligrently forced out in the name of fighting corruption and house cleaning.

For Rt, Hon Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, no matter how much composure he displays on television and other media platforms, we know he his jittery. Now Mr minister is not the time to prove loyalty as that will be termed desperation. It is time to show solidarity, meanwhile Nigeria has taught us that nothing lasts forever and no politician can be written off. Omisore is an obvious case study. Another man in need of the minister's political experience, presenting him with opportunities will surely arise and then he will have the liberty of showing his boss where his heart belongs.

Lastly to Mr Amaechi: Do not ever mention this issue if your boss does not speak or show any sign of intending to have any conversation concerning this matter, let the sleeping dog lie.

Thank you my friend.

Adewumi Adedeji.
Dejijupiter@gmail.com
@_AdewumiAdedeji
#DPresidentDiary.

All these will not Happen as His Excellency has few weeks to Hand over to the Next President..
May 29th 2019, by The Special Grace of GOD, Nigeria shall Have a Brand New President

2 Likes

Re: Amaechitape : My Conversation With A Friend by engreddy(m): 8:01am On Jan 16, 2019
Dejikohen:

Thank you my friend.

Adewumi Adedeji.
Dejijupiter@gmail.com
@_AdewumiAdedeji
#DPresidentDiary.

All these were conversations you had with a friend or it's just a nice write up?
Re: Amaechitape : My Conversation With A Friend by Shawnnn01: 8:41am On Jan 16, 2019
You can imagine how foolish some idiots are to even thinking of bringing this to NL.

engreddy:

All these were conversations you had with a friend or it's just a nice write up?
Re: Amaechitape : My Conversation With A Friend by engreddy(m): 9:28am On Jan 16, 2019
Shawnnn01:
You can imagine how foolish some idiots are to even thinking of bringing this to NL.

This writer is trying to create an impression in the readers mind of possibly scenarios of Amaechi's fate after the election. He is also indirectly creating doubt in Amaechi's mind, in order to exploit the situation and try to get Amaechi to work for Atiku for his political survival.

(1) (Reply)

Encomiums As Mr Chimezie Amadi Empowers Amaudara People / I Won’t Regret Opposing President Buhari – Buba Galadima / Maiduguri Embaces Buhari For Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.