Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,752 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song (3546 Views)

Don Jazzy Calls D Banj A Broke Dude In New Song / Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? / Eedris Abdukareem or Ruggedman: Who Would You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by dammiecool(m): 8:09am On Aug 13, 2010
Nigerian Afro Hip Hop singer, Abolore ‘9ice’ Akande, has reacted in a new song to the jibes being thrown at him by award-winning rap star, Michael Ugochukwu Stephens, otherwise known as Ruggeman.

The hitherto rosy relationship between the two musicians hit the rocks following the release of the controversial song titled Once Beaten, Twice Shy in 9ice’s current album Tradition.

In the song, 9ice claimed in one of his lines that he saw his girl having an affair with a close friend of his. And since the release of the controversial song, particularly at a time when 9ice walked out of his marriage to Toni Payne, people have been pointing fingers at Ruggedman as the man in the middle of the crisis.

Though Ruggeman has debunked the rumour, his moves to vindicate himself from the saga seems not to be enough as 9ice refused to publicly clear the air on the matter.

The Baraje crooner stressed that in a bid to protect his integrity, he has advised 9ice several times to issue a press statement that will reveal the truth about the whole issue, but instead, the Ogbomoso, Oyo State born-singer decided to remain silent.

However, in an interview he granted a soft-sell magazine recently, Ruggeman stated that he won’t forgive 9ice, until he apologises to him publicly.

“Well, I can’t reconcile with him when he does the wrong thing. I can only reconcile if he comes and apologise, but if he doesn’t, I can’t. In fact, I heard that he is releasing an album on my birthday, 20 September and I feel honoured.”

Sources close to 9ice disclosed to P.M NEWS that in one of the tracks in 9ice’s forthcoming album, he took Ruggedman to the cleaners, and that is why he decided to make it a ‘birthday gift’ for him.

Meanwhile, when our reporter called 9ice at about 12:03 p.m. yesterday, it was his manager, Dehinde a.k.a. Mode F that picked the call and he claimed that 9ice is too busy to be reacting to such jibes.

According to him, “see Bayo, 9ice is very busy at the moment. He has been doing a lot of shows and is also working on many projects, so there is no time to react to such thing. I have not read the Ruggedman story anyway because we hardly have time to read papers.”

In a recent interview, ID Cabassa, the producer of the controversial song, claimed that 9ice had recorded the song even before the hiccup in his relationship with Payne.

He said that during the recording of Once Beaten, Twice Shy, it was even Payne that prepared the food they ate.
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by tosinaded(m): 10:45am On Aug 13, 2010
I trust 9ice jare. . . He's gonna end rugged with this
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by bjmighty(m): 1:22pm On Aug 13, 2010
Rugged no get career again! Make hin reconsider hin sept 11 12th. grin grin grin grin
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by twinskenny(m): 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2010
9ice is releasing another album??

thats too soon
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by dammiecool(m): 2:52pm On Aug 13, 2010
so 9ice get time to do a diss track but e no get time to clear d rumor. he be like say 9ice get ulterior motive on this matter.

tosinaded@:

I trust 9ice jare. . . He's gonna end rugged with this

Nice too small 2 end Rugged, wetin he wan talk wey we never hear, he ll end up looking like an ingrate, cos everyone knows it all.

Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by javalove(m): 3:25pm On Aug 13, 2010
@damie

what did rughead do for 9ce. . .dont tell me he brought him up or was the first to feature him. . .

Kulikuli kpoun kan, o di naira kan. . . was not a rughead man song. . .so get that

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by eleshin(m): 4:57pm On Aug 13, 2010
i saw ruged interview,i tink he is ready 4 anytin throwable by 9ice.he said he wil tak 9ice bak 2 memory lane.mor public washin of dirty linen! so much fun is expectd frm deir album.
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by dammiecool(m): 5:31pm On Aug 13, 2010
javalove:

@damie

what did rughead do for 9ce. . .dont tell me he brought him up or was the first to feature him. . .

Kulikuli kpoun kan, o di naira kan. . . was not a rughead man song. . .so get that

U cant compare d publicity 9ice got frm the track Ruggedybaba with make den talk n apart from that, 9ice said Rugged helped his career by taking him along anytime he s on tour.
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by Dotman01(m): 6:36pm On Aug 13, 2010
He helpd ruggedman in the opomulero track to gain recognition. . . . 'The joint you did with 9ice was nice cos 9ice was on it' - modenine
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by Dotman01(m): 6:38pm On Aug 13, 2010
He helpd ruggedman in the opomulero track to gain recognition. . . . 'The joint you did with 9ice was nice cos 9ice was on it' - modenine
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by bjmighty(m): 7:34am On Aug 14, 2010
Dotman01:

GBAMMMMM!!!!!!
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 14, 2010
LITTLE MONEY - 9ICE,

I REALLY DON'T WANT TO COMMENT ON 9ICE BEHAVIOR,

RUGGED MAN HELP 9ICE IN A LOT OF WAYS.
PLS IF YOU KNOW NOTHING, PLS KEEP YOUR MOUTH CLOSE AND LET YOUR EYES LISTEN.

TO ME 9ICE WAITING U DEY DO NO GOOD AT ALL

WAITING HAPPEN TO CODED TUNE GROUP,

YOU HAVE MONEY NOW, YOU DON FORGET SAY NA YOU SING LITTLE MONEY.

RUGGED-MAN INTRODUCE 9ICE TO TONY PAYNE, BUT NO ONE CAN TRUST ANYONE SHA,
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by Tosinville(m): 10:43am On Aug 14, 2010
@activeman, wat u jus said are bunch of craps, is it must u must die wit ur group or did u hear he's formin 4 'em(coded tune all star)? and we all know it was rugged-man dat introduce toni payne to 9ice, after introducin 9ice to her so does he has d right to ruin someone's marriage jus because he's d middle man or wat? Guy, speak something reasonable abeg.
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by honeric01(m): 11:24am On Aug 14, 2010
Dotman01:

Do u know what u are saying? Ruggedman was more popular when 9ICE did that song with him, stop spewing out fairytales
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by honeric01(m): 11:26am On Aug 14, 2010
Tosinville:

@activeman, wat u jus said are bunch of craps, is it must u must die wit your group or did u hear he's formin 4 'em(coded tune all star)? and we all know it was rugged-man dat introduce toni payne to 9ice, after introducin 9ice to her so does he has d right to ruin someone's marriage jus because he's d middle man or wat? Guy, speak something reasonable abeg.

Tell us how you came about this bolded statement.
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by parislomo(f): 11:41am On Aug 14, 2010
I love anything with 9ice in (on) it cheesy
Btw, heard 9ice and Cabasa are also slugging it out. . .
9ice bobo, norin do you. . . oro e jo bi owe, ologbon loleye
grin
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by nasyl(m): 1:18pm On Aug 14, 2010
More drama
More saga. grin cheesy
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2010
Tosinville:

@activeman, wat u jus said are bunch of craps, is it must u must die wit your group or did u hear he's formin 4 'em(coded tune all star)? and we all know it was rugged-man dat introduce toni payne to 9ice, after introducin 9ice to her so does he has d right to ruin someone's marriage jus because he's d middle man or wat? Guy, speak something reasonable abeg.

pls wat u dont know, don't say anything because don't believe all what you read in the paper's they are just writting to attract and sell.

i give you more details of ruggedman and 9ice later busy now
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by ajekpaks(m): 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2010
Why is everybody trying to make a career by either dissing, or beefing rugged?
man he sure is a career maker
nuff respect rugged
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by CLASSIFYD(m): 7:00pm On Aug 14, 2010
If dem like mk dem pull 'pac nd biggy'. I dnt realy give an 'f' abt dem.
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by javalove(m): 7:37pm On Aug 14, 2010
ajekpaks:

Why is everybody trying to make a career by either dissing, or beefing rugged?
man he sure is a career maker
nuff respect rugged

which year were u born? maybe u were still in the womb when rugheadman made a career out of beef. . .

Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by eleshin(m): 8:21pm On Aug 14, 2010
ko ni funny,9ice dissin wit owe nd rugged usin mad punchlines.o ma bubble.
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by phemmy88(m): 11:08pm On Aug 14, 2010
Lots of broke å$s rapper has tried to run this dude (Rugged man) down bt all to no avail.
When idris blindfolded y'll wif he's wack rap, rugged came 2 ur rescue! He diss on a reasonable reason! Not all this "Motherfoka" who 're just hating,

I.D cabasa has already painted the picture of the whole scenario, "once bitten twice shy" was recorded before any hitch, so what, he later wants to capitalize on that after the whole sh!t(market strategy), so sad.
as for 9ice, i assure u! he will meet his doom if he doesn't drop that crazy idea!
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by Dotman01(m): 9:40am On Aug 15, 2010
@phemmy. . . Which crazy idea are u talkin about. . . . 9ice didnt mention anyone's name on the track. . . And accordin to i.d cabasa tony payne prepared food for them wen there wer in the studio. . . .and again rugged man is truely silly for posting his friends' convo on the net.
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by javalove(m): 2:09pm On Aug 15, 2010
I wonder how and why another rapper will be hitting his head on the wall for a track where his name was not mentioned!!!

Kilode!!!!. . .is he guilty or what

2Face has been linked to the same babe. . .and he didnt go about saying the air needs to be cleared. . .

wahala wa ooooo. . .

If he is not guilty why is he carrying the thing on his head. . .

Abegi. . .

Nkan to ba wun anybody lo le fenu won so. . .

Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by eleshin(m): 7:22pm On Aug 15, 2010
y is it dt hard 4 9ice 2 clear d air wen he knows ruged is innocent? traditn bcame mor commercial afta dat furore of payne givn noddin 2 rugged.though its childish 4 ruged 2 publish deir fone conversatn bt al d same d beef is good 4 d industry.
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by sweetguy10(m): 7:40pm On Aug 15, 2010
eleshin:

y is it dt hard 4 9ice 2 clear d air wen he knows ruged is innocent? traditn bcame mor commercial afta dat furore of payne givn noddin 2 rugged.though its childish 4 ruged 2 publish deir fone conversatn bt al d same d beef is good 4 d industry.

Guy you are a f.o.o.l how did 9ice mentioned ruggedman's name in the song you are high on ogogoro soaked agbo jedi grin was 2face , D'banj's name not mentioned as well ?(not by 9ice but by people) get something else to do and stop hating on Adigun and that A.s.s Rughead man never cease to amaze me with his stupidity , 9ice helped him acquire the rapper of the year with his performance in opomulero the Ungrateful son of an ugly dirty mother forgot that . That celebrated I.d.i.o.t , I leave everything in the ever pinching hands on Mode9 he will teach him some lyrical lesson on the whole Payne saga , Rugheadman should take some pills and die .
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by tosinaded(m): 7:44pm On Aug 15, 2010
sweetguy10:

Guy you are a f.o.o.l how did 9ice mentioned ruggedman's name in the song

#GbagaunJor
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by eleshin(m): 7:57pm On Aug 15, 2010
i'm sorry if ur anger ws fingerd by my post,dats my opinion nd i didnt accus 9ice of mentionin any name.though i may nt b extreme bt i'm mor of 9ice fan dan ruggeds,was jst statin ma honest opinion.mnwhile i deserv an apology cos i dnt tink i'm a fooll or under d influence of ogogoro.
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by marcus1234: 7:58pm On Aug 15, 2010
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by phemmy88(m): 8:01pm On Aug 15, 2010
So many weak minds on Nairaland! All they do is to curse all in the name of arguement=
*so disgusting!
Re: 9ice Slams Ruggedman In New Song by sweetguy10(m): 8:03pm On Aug 15, 2010
eleshin:

i'm sorry if your anger ws fingerd by my post,dats my opinion nd i didnt accus 9ice of mentionin any name.though i may nt b extreme bt i'm mor of 9ice fan dan ruggeds,was jst statin ma honest opinion.mnwhile i deserv an apology cos i dnt tink i'm a fooll or under d influence of ogogoro.

I'm sorry dude undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wizkid Blast’s Fresh L On Twitter / DOWNLOAD MP3: Davolee – Python / From Art Alade To Dare Art Alade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.