Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Endorsement From Groups Boost Presidential Ambition of PT's Olawepo Hashim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Endorsement From Groups Boost Presidential Ambition of PT's Olawepo Hashim (4686 Views)

2023: Amaechi Gets Extra Security After Rumours Of Endorsement From Buhari / Maduka Shines At Guber Debate, Gets Overwhelming Endorsement From Co Contestants / Atiku Abubakar Storms The South East, Bags Endorsement From MAN (2) (3) (4)

Endorsement From Groups Boost Presidential Ambition of PT's Olawepo Hashim by mrrights: 10:53am On Jan 16, 2019
Endorsement from Groups Boost PT’s Presidential Candidate’s Ambition

Presidential candidate of the People’s Trust (PT), Mr. Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim has said that the series of institutional and regional endorsement from interest groups, political parties and civil society groups was big boost to his aspiration to win the presidential election.

He said, “I have a lot of goodwill in the civil society. That is what a lot of the other contestants don’t have, except Sowore (Presidential cnaidiate of the African Action Congress-AAC), who was one of our juniors in those days, many years after I left the university as a student union leader. Not many of them have the type of reach and network that we have in the civil society in Nigeria and outside Nigeria. This is very critical. You are not looking at a candidate who is strictly depending on his party.”

Olawepo-Hashim described his quest to lead Nigeria as an enduring struggle that will be sustained beyond the national elections. “It is a struggle to build a modern economy, expand the GDP of the country, have a new mindset about the possibility and opportunity that Nigeria presents to the world and to our own people, to unite Nigeria. There is no candidate that can inspire comfort across ethnic lines like my candidature, right now. It is what I have worked for throughout my younger years; building bridges as a student union leader, as a business leader, playing in many organisations. I have tentacles all over the country. There is virtually no state or local government, where I cannot call somebody and say, ‘help me’ because of what I have done in the past. It is not just because I am running for presidency. I have been an activist. I have also done a lot of philanthropy all over the country. I have been a national officer of a ruling party. I have visited many states as a result of that.”

Emphasising the importance of a political third force, he said the PT was a movement of political leaders who are statesmen and desire to build a modern state. “There is a difference between politicians and statesmen; politicians think about office and power. Statesmen think about not just office and power, but they also think about enduring institutions and values can make states endue. Sometimes they are called upon to make sacrifices beyond them; sacrifices that may demand them giving up their own personal comfort. That is what statesmen are made of and the time in question that Nigeria has stepped into now requires statesmen not politicians. It requires leaders that will rise above ethnicity. That will rise above their religious faith.”

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/01/16/endorsement-from-groups-boost-pts-presidential-candidates-ambition/
Re: Endorsement From Groups Boost Presidential Ambition of PT's Olawepo Hashim by bilms(m): 11:58am On Jan 16, 2019
Gohashim2019

Re: Endorsement From Groups Boost Presidential Ambition of PT's Olawepo Hashim by 10mobile: 4:29pm On Jan 16, 2019
In a free affair election in which only Nigerians with internet access would vote, I believe HASHIM WOULD HAVE WON.

Re: Endorsement From Groups Boost Presidential Ambition of PT's Olawepo Hashim by Heywhizzy(m): 4:29pm On Jan 16, 2019
Lucozade boost

Re: Endorsement From Groups Boost Presidential Ambition of PT's Olawepo Hashim by momodub: 4:31pm On Jan 16, 2019
Re: Endorsement From Groups Boost Presidential Ambition of PT's Olawepo Hashim by solacong: 4:32pm On Jan 16, 2019
President no even fit this man at all
Re: Endorsement From Groups Boost Presidential Ambition of PT's Olawepo Hashim by peculiar3(m): 4:35pm On Jan 16, 2019
he knows he'll never win yet he keeps wasting money undecided angry

Re: Endorsement From Groups Boost Presidential Ambition of PT's Olawepo Hashim by fergie001: 4:35pm On Jan 16, 2019
OP, tell this man the truth nah

Re: Endorsement From Groups Boost Presidential Ambition of PT's Olawepo Hashim by Yankiss(m): 4:37pm On Jan 16, 2019
Hashim ought to be encouraged. Buhari and Atiku are like Siamese twins. Choice between them didn't matter as much as Nigerian's think. We need new names!
Re: Endorsement From Groups Boost Presidential Ambition of PT's Olawepo Hashim by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 16, 2019
Yankiss:
Hashim ought to be encouraged. Buhari and Atiku are like Siamese twins. Choice between them didn't matter as much as Nigerian's think. We need new names!
Unfortunately, Nigerians like thinking backwards.

Re: Endorsement From Groups Boost Presidential Ambition of PT's Olawepo Hashim by bilms(m): 4:43pm On Jan 16, 2019
Nigerians are ready for Hashim

Re: Endorsement From Groups Boost Presidential Ambition of PT's Olawepo Hashim by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 16, 2019
I
Re: Endorsement From Groups Boost Presidential Ambition of PT's Olawepo Hashim by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 16, 2019
if these wasted 4yrs were given to this man,
I guess Americans and Europeans
would migrate to Nigeria for
greener pastures but
even as at now
Nigerians are

still

blind

Re: Endorsement From Groups Boost Presidential Ambition of PT's Olawepo Hashim by princetom1(m): 5:05pm On Jan 16, 2019
mrrights:
Endorsement from Groups Boost PT’s Presidential Candidate’s Ambition

Presidential candidate of the People’s Trust (PT), Mr. Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim has said that the series of institutional and regional endorsement from interest groups, political parties and civil society groups was big boost to his aspiration to win the presidential election.

He said, “I have a lot of goodwill in the civil society. That is what a lot of the other contestants don’t have, except Sowore (Presidential cnaidiate of the African Action Congress-AAC), who was one of our juniors in those days, many years after I left the university as a student union leader. Not many of them have the type of reach and network that we have in the civil society in Nigeria and outside Nigeria. This is very critical. You are not looking at a candidate who is strictly depending on his party.”

Olawepo-Hashim described his quest to lead Nigeria as an enduring struggle that will be sustained beyond the national elections. “It is a struggle to build a modern economy, expand the GDP of the country, have a new mindset about the possibility and opportunity that Nigeria presents to the world and to our own people, to unite Nigeria. There is no candidate that can inspire comfort across ethnic lines like my candidature, right now. It is what I have worked for throughout my younger years; building bridges as a student union leader, as a business leader, playing in many organisations. I have tentacles all over the country. There is virtually no state or local government, where I cannot call somebody and say, ‘help me’ because of what I have done in the past. It is not just because I am running for presidency. I have been an activist. I have also done a lot of philanthropy all over the country. I have been a national officer of a ruling party. I have visited many states as a result of that.”

Emphasising the importance of a political third force, he said the PT was a movement of political leaders who are statesmen and desire to build a modern state. “There is a difference between politicians and statesmen; politicians think about office and power. Statesmen think about not just office and power, but they also think about enduring institutions and values can make states endue. Sometimes they are called upon to make sacrifices beyond them; sacrifices that may demand them giving up their own personal comfort. That is what statesmen are made of and the time in question that Nigeria has stepped into now requires statesmen not politicians. It requires leaders that will rise above ethnicity. That will rise above their religious faith.”

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/01/16/endorsement-from-groups-boost-pts-presidential-candidates-ambition/

Even olawepo recognize the man, called SOWORE.... Tell ur boss to join sowore, he is progressive, visionary, intelligent, smart, healthy, competent and willing to make Nigeria a force to reckon with, in Africa and in the world.. #Sowore2019 #AAC

Re: Endorsement From Groups Boost Presidential Ambition of PT's Olawepo Hashim by GoodMuyis(m): 5:30pm On Jan 16, 2019
Nairaland is helping mrrights to chop Mr. Hashim's money

We Nigerian like to deceive ourselves. Kwankwaso could have contested under another party if it was easy to defeat APC/PDP Putt together
Re: Endorsement From Groups Boost Presidential Ambition of PT's Olawepo Hashim by bilms(m): 6:52pm On Jan 16, 2019
Lamb101:
if these wasted 4yrs were given to this man,

I guess Americans and Europeans

would migrate to Nigeria for

greener pastures but

even as at now

Nigerians are

still

blind

No be lie

Re: Endorsement From Groups Boost Presidential Ambition of PT's Olawepo Hashim by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 16, 2019
10mobile:

What do I stand to gain for having this?

To scam people by making your clients 'maga' believe you are based in and chatting from the UK.

The clown that wants to sell it is a fraudster.
Re: Endorsement From Groups Boost Presidential Ambition of PT's Olawepo Hashim by mrrights: 3:45pm On Jan 18, 2019
Hum

University Of Port Harcourt SUG President Places 2 Million Naira Bet Against Obi / Plateau Result Really Shock Me (explanations Needed) / About Jonathan And His Aclaimed Universities.