Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,905 members, 7,821,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

7 Important Apps Every Students Must Have! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Important Apps Every Students Must Have! (816 Views)

Why Students Must Protest Against ASUU Strike. / 5 Apps All Students Must Have On There Phone / University Of Agriculture Students Must Have A Farm Before Graduation —FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Important Apps Every Students Must Have! by mhizsuzzy(f): 11:41am On Jan 16, 2019
7 Important Apps for Students:

What if I told you that you can use your phone to your advantage more than you are doing right now? It can only be by using the right applications in your phone. As students, application can get you planned, organized and focused if used rightly.
This list is mostly by personal analysis. You are free to share yours to enable others key into your tapestry of knowledge. I didn't include the adobe PDF readers, dictionary, notepads etc as they are commonly used and the importance is known by all.
It is divided into apps for Planning, Getting started, organization and memorization

Planning:
We have to plan to succeed but we can't carry our monthly planner/journals around. We will definitely look too nerdy. But we can actually convert our phone to a portable planner by using apps. I have one app I use for it

1) Calendar widget month + agenda
This is important for planning your reading or other necessary activities you don't want to forget. I like this app because of its unique feature that enable you to see your daily plans on your phone screen. I do make my weekly plan of subjects and the time ranges I want to cover them.
It then pops up and reminds me when the time for each subject gets closer.

Getting started:
Have you ever mapped out 4 hours to read and ended up studying only less than an hour? Well, we all struggle with it because we either take 2 hours to press our phones and the other "more than an hour" to day-dream.
But some apps are there to keep you focused. And help you know how much you have actually put into studying.

2) Forest/Engross:
This app is important to keep you focused in our study. You set a timer of like 180mins and a break of 5 mins (depending on your choice)

3)Keep me out:
This is my best app since I discovered and one of the reasons I started this write up. I noticed I still get tempted sometimes even with the forest/engross app but with this it is better. You can also use it if you are so addicted to your phone.
But with this app you will NEVER use your phone within the time range as it will lock it. But you can receive calls but cannot return them. I do enable the flight mode and then set it to hour I want to study

4) YouTube/tube mate:
YouTube should not only be used to watch unrelated educational concept. it is a very great tool to be used in ur academics. One of the greatest discoveries I made.
This is important in understanding concept better. The former is used when I just want to get the info and move on. I prefer tube mate as you can download the video and I can always go back to remind my self of the concept. The likes of khan academy, najeeb lectures, osmosis, Hussain biology etc are really good at understanding basic concept.

Organization:

5) Camscanner:
Helps your organise your class notes and materials into your a mobile note as you can scan all your notes and convert them to PDF and stick them out when you want to read them.

Memorization

Revision/repetition:
For efficient studying and to retain all you have study for a long time, revision is the key. I sometimes use the Spaced repetition technique of reviewing things, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month for long term memory or 1, 3 days 5 days etc for short time memory.

6) reMind:
Getting app for this was hard but I think this manage to do a little favour but there is no reminder. You just have to keep going to the app to know when next to revise a topic.

Repetition:

7) Ankidriod/Quizlet:
This is a flashcard technique that enables you create decks for each subject.
Use this only for topic or concepts you find hard remembering not all the topics.
You fill in the question and answers and go through them later.
An advice, if you will use this, start on time to make your cards not close to exams.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Important Apps Every Students Must Have! by mhizsuzzy(f): 11:51am On Jan 16, 2019
mhizsuzzy:
7 Important Apps for Students:

What if I told you that you can use your phone to your advantage more than you are doing right now? It can only be by using the right applications in your phone. As students, application can get you planned, organized and focused if used rightly.
This list is mostly by personal analysis. You are free to share yours to enable others key into your tapestry of knowledge. I didn't include the adobe PDF readers, dictionary, notepads etc as they are commonly used and the importance is known by all.
It is divided into apps for Planning, Getting started, organization and memorization

Planning:
We have to plan to succeed but we can't carry our monthly planner/journals around. We will definitely look too nerdy. But we can actually convert our phone to a portable planner by using apps. I have one app I use for it

1) Calendar widget month + agenda
This is important for planning your reading or other necessary activities you don't want to forget. I like this app because of its unique feature that enable you to see your daily plans on your phone screen. I do make my weekly plan of subjects and the time ranges I want to cover them.
It then pops up and reminds me when the time for each subject gets closer.

Getting started:
Have you ever mapped out 4 hours to read and ended up studying only less than an hour? Well, we all struggle with it because we either take 2 hours to press our phones and the other "more than an hour" to day-dream.
But some apps are there to keep you focused. And help you know how much you have actually put into studying.

2) Forest/Engross:
This app is important to keep you focused in our study. You set a timer of like 180mins and a break of 5 mins (depending on your choice)

3)Keep me out:
This is my best app since I discovered and one of the reasons I started this write up. I noticed I still get tempted sometimes even with the forest/engross app but with this it is better. You can also use it if you are so addicted to your phone.
But with this app you will NEVER use your phone within the time range as it will lock it. But you can receive calls but cannot return them. I do enable the flight mode and then set it to hour I want to study

4) YouTube/tube mate:
YouTube should not only be used to watch unrelated educational concept. it is a very great tool to be used in ur academics. One of the greatest discoveries I made.
This is important in understanding concept better. The former is used when I just want to get the info and move on. I prefer tube mate as you can download the video and I can always go back to remind my self of the concept. The likes of khan academy, najeeb lectures, osmosis, Hussain biology etc are really good at understanding basic concept.

Organization:

5) Camscanner:
Helps your organise your class notes and materials into your a mobile note as you can scan all your notes and convert them to PDF and stick them out when you want to read them.

Memorization

Revision/repetition:
For efficient studying and to retain all you have study for a long time, revision is the key. I sometimes use the Spaced repetition technique of reviewing things, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month for long term memory or 1, 3 days 5 days etc for short time memory.

6) reMind:
Getting app for this was hard but I think this manage to do a little favour but there is no reminder. You just have to keep going to the app to know when next to revise a topic.

Repetition:

7) Ankidriod/Quizlet:
This is a flashcard technique that enables you create decks for each subject.
Use this only for topic or concepts you find hard remembering not all the topics.
You fill in the question and answers and go through them later.
An advice, if you will use this, start on time to make your cards not close to exams.
Re: 7 Important Apps Every Students Must Have! by Semimi: 8:48pm On Nov 19, 2020
CamScanner is a life saver.I use it to convert notes to txt that I can easily access on my phone.
The most important is the last one
lol
I have been using it for a great dealof time now and mind you,i use it for entire topics cos i don't want to forget any bit...

Do you also use it?
I mean Ankidroid.

I guess you are a medic smiley

1 Like

Re: 7 Important Apps Every Students Must Have! by psalmskiddy(m): 10:04am On Nov 20, 2020
Were is WPS??
Re: 7 Important Apps Every Students Must Have! by Whois(m): 12:53pm On Nov 20, 2020
Yes wps office, PDF and WhatsApp (class group)

psalmskiddy:
Were is WPS??

(1) (Reply)

NAFDAC Recruitment 2019 - See Requirements Application Registration Form / This Is Not For Smart People, Check Your Power Of Reasoning (mr Shape) / 2020/2021 Admission Application Form Into IMASAN Is Out. See Available Courses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.