Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,458 members, 7,770,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:23 AM

Fake News: Fani- Kayode Begs EFCC For Forgiveness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fake News: Fani- Kayode Begs EFCC For Forgiveness (1516 Views)

"Condemn The Mass Murder Genocide In Gaza" – Fani-Kayode Begs President Tinubu / Don’t Shed Innocent Blood During Nnamdi Kanu Parents Burial –fani-kayode Begs FG / Fayose Begs EFCC For Extra Mattress To Sleep Comfortably Inside Holding Cell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake News: Fani- Kayode Begs EFCC For Forgiveness by hisexcellency34: 2:40pm On Jan 16, 2019
Nigeria’s former Aviation Minister, Mr Femi Fani-Kayode, has apologised to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over his Tuesday alert to the nation that the anti-graft agency was planning to arrest the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Walter Onnoghen.
Fani-Kayode and Afenifere National Publicity Secretary, Yinka Odumakin, had raised an alarm on Tuesday over an imminent arrest of Onnoghen in his house by men of the EFCC, which the EFCC, later on Tuesday evening said was untrue and threatened a legal action against the duo.
Fani-Kayode wrote: “Why have the EFCC surrounded the home of CJN Onnoghen and why are they seeking to arrest him? These people want Nigeria to burn! Buhari call off your dogs before it is too late! This is a democracy and not a gestapo state! In the name of God let this madness stop.”
Similarly, Odumakin in a short video broadcast on social media, alleged a raid on the residence of Onnoghen.
But in a reaction via the same medium on Wednesday, Fani-Kayode expressed regret over the information he shared, the reason he said made him delete the contentious post.
Gani-Kayode wrote: “Yesterday I was informed by usually reliable sources that EFCC were positioned outside CJN’s home. I have since discovered that the men were not from EFCC and I removed the posting. The error is regretted.”

However, Fani-Kayode in the same post raised a poser, as he asked the Federal Government to “tell us which agency sent those men and why they beat a retreat.”
https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/184364/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake News: Fani- Kayode Begs EFCC For Forgiveness by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 16, 2019
Haahaaa.....about time

Omo ale

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake News: Fani- Kayode Begs EFCC For Forgiveness by Mosesoly(m): 3:34pm On Jan 16, 2019
Fake news should be discouraged, and it is high time some people should be used as scape goat,these fake news peddlers have a lot of followers,who look up to them.We are going into the electioneering period ,such news should be stopped

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake News: Fani- Kayode Begs EFCC For Forgiveness by MrAJQ(m): 3:46pm On Jan 16, 2019
Chai. The fear of EFCC

3 Likes

Re: Fake News: Fani- Kayode Begs EFCC For Forgiveness by hisexcellency34: 3:47pm On Jan 16, 2019
Even Odumakin who is not as talkative as FFK didnt beg

3 Likes

Re: Fake News: Fani- Kayode Begs EFCC For Forgiveness by oakin: 4:12pm On Jan 16, 2019
Na wetin killed him papa bi dat

3 Likes

Re: Fake News: Fani- Kayode Begs EFCC For Forgiveness by Charmingrascal(m): 4:16pm On Jan 16, 2019
Had I know is always the philosophy of a fool. When a man's mouth and fingers are faster than his brain and sense of reasoning he ends up looking like an idiot.

3 Likes

Re: Fake News: Fani- Kayode Begs EFCC For Forgiveness by Sirjamo: 4:23pm On Jan 16, 2019
He must join Deji Adeyanju in prison until 2045, his useless apology must be rejected

3 Likes

Re: Fake News: Fani- Kayode Begs EFCC For Forgiveness by helinues: 4:24pm On Jan 16, 2019
No we must whip your yansh

1 Like

Re: Fake News: Fani- Kayode Begs EFCC For Forgiveness by seunmsg(m): 5:01pm On Jan 16, 2019
Very shameless guy. Why put out an informational that you have not independently verified? The police should please arrest and prosecute this guy for spreading fake news with malicious intent to cause civil unrest and breakdown of public peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake News: Fani- Kayode Begs EFCC For Forgiveness by Cajal(m): 5:02pm On Jan 16, 2019
[right][/right]
oakin:
Na wetin killed him papa bi dat
....that is correct
Re: Fake News: Fani- Kayode Begs EFCC For Forgiveness by SaiAtikuTill203: 5:13pm On Jan 16, 2019
BUHARI CAN ONLY BE PRESIDENT OF DAURA COME FAILBUARI 2019 INSHA ALAH AMIN
Re: Fake News: Fani- Kayode Begs EFCC For Forgiveness by Corrinthians(m): 5:25pm On Jan 16, 2019
Yesterday I was informed by usually reliable sources that EFCC were positioned outside CJN’s home. I have since discovered that the men were not from EFCC and I removed the posting. The error is regretted.”

Now folks, imagine the ramifications of this. This isn't the first, second, third or last time this bastard will spread fake news only to issue such a hollow statement in the end.

They claim Buhari wants to set the country on fire, meanwhile, they themselves are doing everything within their means to set the country ablaze. This news the bastard shared was retweeted and shared on facebook and other social media platforms.

What if some persons, on the basis of this I flammable fake news, had set upon public properties in protest, resulting in clashes and possible loss of lives, is this statement going to be enough atone for the damages caused by this act?

Is this behaviour also an expression of freedom of speech? What manner of expression of freedom is this when it puts public order and security in jeopardy?

I really find it difficult to understand why the government keeps tolerating stuffs like this despite their implications. Even in Western world, the bespoke bastion of democracy and citizens rights, you don't threaten public order in such reckless manner and get away with it.

Someone has got to be used as an example!

1 Like

Re: Fake News: Fani- Kayode Begs EFCC For Forgiveness by Corrinthians(m): 5:27pm On Jan 16, 2019
seunmsg:
Very shameless guy. Why put out an informational that you have not independently verified? The police should please arrest and prosecute this guy for spreading fake news with malicious intent to cause civil unrest and breakdown of public peace.
I blame the government for this trash. Even if the bastard is put to sleep, heaven won't fall! angry

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Inec Fails To Defend Declaration Of Ayetola As Osun Governor / As Seen On Twitter: Glorification Of Poverty In The North. / National Assembly: See How The APC Will Checkmate Its Dissident Members That Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.