Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Why Do Most Christians Go To Native Doctors? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Most Christians Go To Native Doctors? (1146 Views)

End Time Sign: Most Christians' Faith In God Is At All Time Low / Why Most Christians Don't Have The Capacity To Perform Miracles / Mistakes Most Christians In Nigeria Make (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Christians Go To Native Doctors? by blazzydoc(m): 3:27pm On Jan 16, 2019
As a young minister, I recently found out that most Christians go to native doctors for charms. When I say Christians, I mean devoted ones. I kept asking this question but no answer. Let us share our takes in this
Re: Why Do Most Christians Go To Native Doctors? by 10mobile: 3:29pm On Jan 16, 2019
Where are the facts and figures to support your claim that 'most' do that?
Re: Why Do Most Christians Go To Native Doctors? by blazzydoc(m): 3:32pm On Jan 16, 2019
A lady who happens to be in my prayer team confessed to me she went to a native doctor just because she is not yet married
Re: Why Do Most Christians Go To Native Doctors? by chigoziri2403(m): 3:35pm On Jan 16, 2019
because Christianity to most people is a culture and not a religion.
.......they just answer the name Christians for self righteousness. and moral purposes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Christians Go To Native Doctors? by biazarre(m): 3:39pm On Jan 16, 2019
blazzydoc:
A lady who happens to be in my prayer team confessed to me she went to a native doctor just because she is not yet married
and this now gives u d conclusion dat most Christians go to native docs?
Re: Why Do Most Christians Go To Native Doctors? by blazzydoc(m): 3:44pm On Jan 16, 2019
That's not my conclusion, I'm asking why is it like that
biazarre:
and this now gives u d conclusion dat most Christians go to native docs?
Re: Why Do Most Christians Go To Native Doctors? by GOFRONT(m): 3:47pm On Jan 16, 2019
Because that is where some pastors originated from.......The place of the native doc is their headquarter....

Some pastors are advanced babalawo....Infact some church members and their pastors dey coincide for babalawo shrine....
Re: Why Do Most Christians Go To Native Doctors? by babyfaceafrica: 3:59pm On Jan 16, 2019
terrible question
Re: Why Do Most Christians Go To Native Doctors? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 16, 2019
Your question is very valid OP.

It's a prevalent issue. A sad one at that.

The only reason I can think of is that they don't really know the God they're serving.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Christians Go To Native Doctors? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 16, 2019
Orla234:
Your question is very valid OP.

It's a prevalent issue. A sad one at that.

The only reason I can think of is that they don't really know the God they're serving.
when it comes to having husband the truth is many matured ladies are seeking and are frustrated, we should just keep praying for them and help to guide them aright
Re: Why Do Most Christians Go To Native Doctors? by CodeTemplar: 10:58pm On Jan 16, 2019
10mobile:
Where are the facts and figures to support your claim that 'most' do that?
May be you expect him to invite cameramen to video his interactions with the charm using Christians. . .
Re: Why Do Most Christians Go To Native Doctors? by CodeTemplar: 11:04pm On Jan 16, 2019
Sad but true observation by OP.
It is a case not knowing how to seek Gods face.
Imagine a christian in challenge that is unfortunate enough to fall into the hands of a fake pastor or prophet, that christian will likely resort to babalawo when he/she gets exhausted by the pastor/prophet.
Lack of quality service to God or regard for sin is also a culprit in the list of things frustrating people to shrines.
Some are pure cultists and society men but just use Christianity to launder their image and socialize.
Re: Why Do Most Christians Go To Native Doctors? by TruthinAction: 2:41am On Jan 17, 2019
blazzydoc:
As a young minister, I recently found out that most Christians go to native doctors for charms. When I say Christians, I mean devoted ones. I kept asking this question but no answer. Let us share our takes in this

You can't be a devoted Christian and go to a native doctor. Please op, change your statement from most to some. It certainly can't be most Christians but a few ignorant ones. Even some Pastors go to native doctors for charm to grow their Churches. This is the last day.

(1) (Reply)

World's Biggest Jesus Statue Completed In Southern Brazil After Two Years (Pics) / Here's The Most Stupid Person In The Bible / HEAVEN AND HELL DOES NOT EXIST

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.