Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,510 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

How To Prepare Nkwobi - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Nkwobi (1025 Views)

Why Do I Purge After Eating Nkwobi Or Goat Head? / Nkwobi Food Recipe Made Easy In Nigeria / How To Cook The Best Nkwobi Cow Leg In Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare Nkwobi by ampboss1: 9:43pm On Jan 16, 2019
Ingredients
2kg (four.4 lbs) cow foot (reduce into widespread pieces)
20cl (200ml) Palm Oil
1 tablespoon powdered safe to eat potash (Akanwu/Kaun/Keun)
1 teaspoon floor Ehu seeds (Calabash Nutmeg)
2 tablespoons ground crayfish
2 habanero peppers (or in your flavor)
1 medium onion
2 large stock cubes
Salt (to taste)
To garnish
1 medium onion
10 Utazi leaves (Gongronema latifolium)

Notes
The 2kg of cow foot may additionally sound like loads however keep in mind that cow foot is mainly bones so 2 human beings that love Nkwobi can finish that in no time.

Cow foot is quite difficult so when you have a strain cooker, do use it for cooking it to shop time and fuel/electricity. You may be able to shop for calf foot which is softer and chefs in less time.

Ehu (Calabash Nutmeg) is a totally traditional component this is hard to discover outide Nigeria. If you can’t purchase it in which you stay, just prepare the Nkwobi without it. Ordinary nutmeg is not an opportunity to this because they’re no longer similar in any way. If you’ve got buddies or own family in Nigeria, they will have the ability to buy ehu seeds and send to you, a small amount is going a long way.

Potash is what makes the palm oil curdle as you will see in the video beneath. An alternative I understand is what we name Ngu in Igbo. Ngu is even more conventional than potash so if you can’t find potash, possibilities are that you might not be able to get Ngu both.

Utazi adds a pleasant sour flavour to the Nkwobi. In case you can not purchase it where you live, use spinach (formidable ones), it gives the identical effect and actually tastes best! In reality that is what I used inside the video under. smiley))

Before making the Nkwobi
Cut the cow foot into medium chunks. Where I live, the butchers reduce it for me.

Put the powdered potash right into a bowl. Add a small quantity of water (approximately four desk spoons) and stir nicely.

Pass it through a satisfactory sieve and set the liquid aside.

Cut 1 onion into 4 big chunks.

Pound the pepper with a mortar and pestle or blitz it.

Grind the crayfish.

Crack and do away with the outer shell of the ehu then grind with a dry mill eg espresso grinder.

Directions below!!

http://nigerianrecipes.net/how-to-prepare-nkwobi/

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Oriental Cuisine: Thai Food In Abuja / How Many Time Did you normally Rinse Rice and Y?? / Garri And Groundnut (epa) Versus Garri And Friend/smoked Fish (eja Didin)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.