Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Atiku Vows To Privatise NNPC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Vows To Privatise NNPC (245 Views)

BPE To Privatise 10 Remaining Nipps, Nigcomsat / Atiku: NNPC Is A Mafia Organisation… I Will Privatise It Even If They’ll Kill Me / Atiku’s Policy Document: Privatise NNPC , Raise GDP To $900bn, Cut Taxes… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Vows To Privatise NNPC by olayinka00(m): 10:54pm On Jan 16, 2019
Former Vice President of Nigeria and Presidential Candidate of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar has finally given out a convincing reason why he will privatise the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

The PDP's presidential candidate made this known while speaking with leaders of the creative industry & members of the business community in Lagos today. Atiku also described NNPC as a mafia organisation.

While speaking today in Lagos, Atiku Gives Cogent Reasons Why NNPC Needs to be Privatise.

“Let me go back to my experience. When we got into office, I walked up to my boss and said “Sir, there are two mafia organisations in government: one is the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) while the other one is the National Electricity Power Authority (NEPA).

“I said unless we dismantle these mafia organisations, we cannot make progress. Let’s privatize them… the long and short of this is that I am committed to privatisation as I have said. I swear even if they are going to kill me, I will do it (privatise NNPC).

http://gyonlineng.com/atiku-gives-cogent-reasons-nnpc-needs-privatise/

“I asked a Nigerian professor based in America; I said ‘Prof, do you have ministry of petroleum in America?’ He said no.

“I said, ‘Do you have an organisation like NNPC over there?’ He said no. And America produces oil more than any country? He said yes.

“So I asked him, ‘How do they do it in America?’ and he said taxation and I decided that I will go by taxation too,” he added.

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) was established on April 1, 1977, and is owned by the Nigerian government.

http://gyonlineng.com/atiku-gives-cogent-reasons-nnpc-needs-privatise/

(1) (Reply)

Ngthecandidates: Am Fit To Rule Another 4 Years Says Buhari / Are Members Of The House Of Representatives Entitled To A Diplomatic Passport? / A’ibom Guber Race: Abuja Backing Will Fail APC- Gov’s Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.