Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

“atiku Loves The Indigbo More Than Me!” – Aiku’s Wife Tells Abia Women - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “atiku Loves The Indigbo More Than Me!” – Aiku’s Wife Tells Abia Women (449 Views)

Brings Your Investments Home, Otti Tells Abia Indigenes / Atiku Loves The Masses, Hates Influence Of Bullion Van On Elections - Shaibu / Abia Women Protest N18,000 New Tax Bill By Abia Government (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“atiku Loves The Indigbo More Than Me!” – Aiku’s Wife Tells Abia Women by yungcrae(m): 8:35am On Jan 17, 2019
Mrs Jennifer Atiku, the wife of Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has urged Abia women to vote massively for her husband, describing him as “a detribalised Nigerian.” Atiku said this while addressing thousands of Abia women during a town hall meeting in Umuahia on Wednesday, January 16, the News Agency of Nigeria reports. She said: “I am not saying this because he is my husband. I have known him since 1986 and married to him for 21 years. He is a detribalised Nigerian. He likes Ndigbo.” She advised the women to use the 2019 poll to decide on whether to safeguard or mortgage the future of their children.
“We are not here to preach to you. Search your conscience and think about the future of your children. “If you love your children, February 16 offers you the opportunity to decide whether you want to safeguard or mortgage the children’s future. “I cannot tell you what to do but make a choice for your children and Nigeria. Vote according to your conscience and God’s guidance,” she said. The wife of the former vice president expressed concern that Nigerian women had faced serious economic challenges since the inception of the present administration. “You know that it is the women that bear the burden of poverty and hunger in the family,” she said. She further expressed worry that the nation had suffered a lot security challenges, leading to the loss of so many innocent lives. “A lot of blood has been shed in Nigeria. Everyday, we see rivers of blood of innocent Nigerians flowing,” Atiku said. She therefore urged the women to vote for Atiku, assuring them that he would fulfill his pledge to provide good governance and better life for the citizenry. She also expressed the hope that women and youths would dominate Atiku’s cabinet, if voted into office. Also, Mrs Margaret Obi, the wife of Atiku’s running mate, Mr Peter Obi, said the meeting was organised for them to interact with Abia women “concerning what lies ahead of us as a nation.” Obi said, “I am hopeful that we have our Permanent Voter Cards which would serve as an instrument for effectively transforming the nation.” She urged the women to be part of the process of choosing the next leadership in the country, saying that Atiku had great plans for Nigerian women. Earlier, Mrs Nkechi Ikpeazu, the wife of the Abia stated governor, gave the assurance that Abia women would give massive support to Atiku. “Abia women are straightforward, if they promise to support you, they will surely do so. “You are one of our own. If you emerge as the first lady of Nigeria, it guarantees us easy access to Aso Rock,” Ikpeazu said. The meeting adopted a four-point resolution, including the decision to vote massively for Atiku. It was further resolved that Atiku should extend micro-credit and other major federal government’s schemes to Abia women, if elected as president.
Meanwhile, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has accused the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) of releasing uncollected permanent voter cards to some governors of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC). Atiku made the allegation in Osogbo, the Osun state capital, on Tuesday, January 15, while speaking at the presidential rally of his party. “Listen to this very carefully, we have information that INEC has been giving uncollected PVCs to the APC governors. So if a voter comes to your polling booths and you don’t know him, don’t allow him to vote because they want to steal your votes,” The Punch quoted Atiku as saying.

Read More - http://davinsons.com/atiku-loves-the-indigbo-more-than-me-aikus-wife-tells-abia-women/

Re: “atiku Loves The Indigbo More Than Me!” – Aiku’s Wife Tells Abia Women by Hollysaint: 9:27am On Jan 17, 2019
Ok

(1) (Reply)

BUHARI Has Dementia And It Is Not Getting Better. / Sowore And His Cannabis Economy / Tinubu Was Right For Calling Buhari A Tribalist, Religious Fanatic- Obj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.