Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,530 members, 7,837,022 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Using The Law In Evangelism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Using The Law In Evangelism (548 Views)

Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging / Bishop Wale Oke: No To Sharia Law In South West Nigeria / Faith Oyedepo Rescues Traumatized Teenager During Evangelism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using The Law In Evangelism by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:27am On Jan 17, 2019
Words of Comfort: Intellect and conscience.

"And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening" (Acts 28:23).

Notice that Paul used both prophecy and the Law of Moses in his evangelism. Prophecy appeals to a man's intellect and creates faith in the Word of God. As he realizes that the Bible is no ordinary book—that it contains numerous indisputable prophecies that prove its supernatural origin—he begins to give Scripture credibility. However, the Law of Moses appeals to a man's conscience and brings conviction of sin. A "decision" for Jesus purely in the realm of the intellect— with no biblical knowledge of sin, which comes only by the Law (Romans 7:7)—will almost certainly produce a false convert.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 16 January 2015 at 17:12 ·

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Using The Law In Evangelism by barude2009: 11:28am On Jan 17, 2019
law and evangelism
Re: Using The Law In Evangelism by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:38pm On Jan 17, 2019
barude2009:

law and evangelism

Yes, how to use the law in evangelism. smiley

Re: Using The Law In Evangelism by Goshen360(m): 2:12pm On Jan 17, 2019
If Goshen and the likes says it to YOU, the OP, then it's unacceptable because you had argued us down in the past about how to and how not to use the law of Moses..... cheesy

Now, your idols said, all of a sudden it becomes a topic we want to talk about and discuss....smh! I hope you'll act right in 2019....lol
Re: Using The Law In Evangelism by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:11pm On Jan 17, 2019
Goshen360:

If Goshen and the likes says it to YOU, the OP, then it's unacceptable because you had argued us down in the past about how to and how not to use the law of Moses..... cheesy

Now, your idols said, all of a sudden it becomes a topic we want to talk about and discuss....smh! I hope you'll act right in 2019....lol

How is what I posted different from what I had said in the past? If so please bring it up? Happy New Year. cheesy
Re: Using The Law In Evangelism by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:19am On Jan 18, 2019
www.livingwaters.com

"Ray Comfort, how do you witness to someone who does not care about breaking the laws of God and does not care that he is going to hell simply because he does not believe? Should we give them evidence of fulfilled prophecies to wake their deadened mind when they ignore the Law?" Brennan O'Connell

Tell him to try his "If I don't believe in it, it doesn't exist" with the sun. Whether we believe or don't believe is irrelevant to its existence. What matters is reality. And what we believe or don't believe about God (or about Hell) is irrelevant to reality.

It's not his dead mind that needs awakening (the "carnal mind" is his problem--see Romans 8:7). It's his seared conscience that needs to be stirred, and the way to do that is to do what both Jesus and the Apostle Paul did, expound the moral Law.

A wise man once said "Law without consequence is nothing but good advice." To preach the moral Law (the Ten Commandments) without the threat of future punishment is to defuse it of its power. It is to fire an empty cannon.

You need to open the Law as Paul did in Romans 2, and preach future punishment by the Law. Show him that he's up the River Niagara without a paddle. Don't worry about his visible reaction. That's between him and God. Your business is simply to faithfully plant the seed of the word of God, and that is never in vain (see 1 Corinthians 15:58).

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 16 January 2015 ·
Re: Using The Law In Evangelism by Goshen360(m): 11:27am On Jan 18, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

How is what I posted different from what I had said in the past? If so please bring it up? Happy New Year. cheesy

Happy New year. You have always argued for the Mosaic law in the past as though it is still applicable to us as Christians and you know we had heated debate or conversation before in the past
Re: Using The Law In Evangelism by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:31pm On Jan 19, 2019
Goshen360:

Happy New year. You have always argued for the Mosaic law in the past as though it is still applicable to us as Christians and you know we had heated debate or conversation before in the past

Show me how what I said is different from what is posted here or forever hold your horses.
Re: Using The Law In Evangelism by Goshen360(m): 12:34am On Jan 21, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Show me how what I said is different from what is posted here or forever hold your horses.

It's new year.....I won't start it by go digging out your past..... cool cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Using The Law In Evangelism by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:45am On Jan 21, 2019
Goshen360:

It's new year.....I won't start it by go digging out your past..... cool cheesy

Let me help you out here since you cannot back up your claims as usual. See this thread-->https://www.nairaland.com/1316258/hells-best-kept-secret
Re: Using The Law In Evangelism by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:07pm On Feb 02, 2019
The Function of the Law

"Touch not; taste not; handle not" (Colossians 2:21).

Some people may wonder if using the Law (the Ten Commandments) in evangelism produces legalism. When the Law is used to show a sinner that sin is "exceedingly sinful"—that nothing can commend him to God—he clings to the cross knowing that he is saved by grace and grace alone.

This knowledge gives the Christian the understanding that even after a lifetime of good works, fasting, praying, seeking the lost, etc., his "works" don't commend him to God—he is still saved by grace and grace alone. However, when the Law isn't used before the cross, and a sinner simply makes a "decision for Christ," he comes with a lack of understanding about the true nature of sin. After his commitment, he thinks that his good works, his fasting, praying, evangelism, etc., commend him to God. He is the one who thinks that what he eats, what he wears, and what he does become relevant to his Salvation. He is the one who is liable to say "touch not, taste not, handle not"—the one who becomes "legalistic." Using the Law in evangelism before the cross liberates a new convert from legalism.

https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 2 November 2013 ·
Re: Using The Law In Evangelism by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:36am On Feb 06, 2019
www.livingwaters.com

"This is the principal purpose of the Law and its most valuable contribution. As long as a person is not a murderer, adulterer, thief, he would swear that he is righteous. How is God going to humble such a person except by the Law? The Law is the hammer of death, the thunder of hell, and the lightning of God’s wrath to bring down the proud and shameless hypocrites. When the Law was instituted on Mount Sinai it was accompanied by lightning, by storms, by the sound of trumpets, to tear to pieces that monster called self-righteousness. As long as a person thinks he is right he is going to be incomprehensibly proud and pre-sumptuous. He is going to hate God, despise His grace and mercy, and ignore the promises in Christ. The Gospel of the free forgiveness of sins through Christ will never appeal to the self-righteous." Martin Luther

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 6 February 2015 at 05:00 ·

(1) (Reply)

as Put Islamic Oath On My Profile Without Commenting On Islamic POST / Prophetic Declaration For You This New Month. / Group Urges United Prayers By Religious Leaders To Complement Buhari’s Efforts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.