Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,408 members, 7,954,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:02 AM

My Experience With Highway Rubber Along Ife-ibadan Road - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With Highway Rubber Along Ife-ibadan Road (660 Views)

Many Injured As Gunmen In Military Uniform Attack Commuters On Lagos-Ibadan Road / Gunmen Assassinate Man And His Pregnant Second Wife Along Lagos-ibadan Road / Drama As Fake Soldier Runs On Sighting Army Vehicle On Lagos-Ibadan Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Highway Rubber Along Ife-ibadan Road by kolanpas(m): 12:15pm On Jan 17, 2019
Around 5am on the 16th January, 2019 at approximately 3km to Odudua university Ife coming from Ife, we had an encounter with highway rubbers, they are 8 in number, all at mid-twenty.. Four held pistol guns while the rest held clubs. They disguised as soldiers and setup checkpoint so that drivers will slowdown upon seeing that. They stopped our car and told the driver to drive into the bush, they collected our phones and told everybody to lie down for one by one pocket-searching, after collecting everything in our pockets (if they don't find valuable things on you they will beat or threatening to kill you) they went into the bus search to all our luggage. After dispossessing us of our valuables the told us to enter the bus and continue our journey. From what I gathered from the driver and some of the passengers the area is a regular area for that occurrences, and I noticed that some vehicles packed at filling stations when they are close to that area. From Abuja to Akure you will see many checkpoints at like 4km interval but from Akure to Ibadan hardly will you see one. Again those rubbers are Yoruba probably living in the neighboring communities. Lastly, my advice from that experience is that if you can keep your valuables in places they can find like inside the chassis of the vehicle the are safe., because some people were able to retain there phones. But if you can't hide your phone quickly remove your sim card and drop it inside the car.
Re: My Experience With Highway Rubber Along Ife-ibadan Road by Jakumo(m): 2:05pm On Jan 17, 2019
kolanpas:
Around 5am on the 16th January, 2019 at approximately 3km to Odudua university Ife coming from Ife, we had an encounter with highway rubbers, they are 8 in number, all at mid-twenty.. Four held pistol guns while the rest held clubs. They disguised as soldiers and setup checkpoint so that drivers will slowdown upon seeing that. They stopped our car and told the driver to drive into the bush, they collected our phones and told everybody to lie down for one by one pocket-searching, after collecting everything in our pockets (if they don't find valuable things on you they will beat or threatening to kill you) they went into the bus search to all our luggage. After dispossessing us of our valuables the told us to enter the bus and continue our journey. From what I gathered from the driver and some of the passengers the area is a regular area for that occurrences, and I noticed that some vehicles packed at filling stations when they are close to that area. From Abuja to Akure you will see many checkpoints at like 4km interval but from Akure to Ibadan hardly will you see one. Again those rubbers are Yoruba probably living in the neighboring communities. Lastly, my advice from that experience is that if you can keep your valuables in places they can find like inside the chassis of the vehicle the are safe., because some people were able to retain there phones. But if you can't hide your phone quickly remove your sim card and drop it inside the car.

The sooner Nigerian civilians can license and carry handguns, the sooner this sort of highway robbery will come to an end. If every citizen is legally entitled to carry their own personal defense weapon, hidden from view in a belt or ankle-holster, a new era of true equality and social politeness will follow, because there is no greater incentive to show respect to one's fellow man, than the assurance that ANY and ALL people one encounters in a typical day, AMY be armed and ready to assert their right to be left alone.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Highway Rubber Along Ife-ibadan Road by Hoodbilonia: 3:13pm On Jan 17, 2019
af passed that road before arpund 11pm.
our stupid driver who keeps entering pot holes
car dev fault
we abt 2km away frm robbery scene before the car finally started aftwr 30mins he diverted to the other lane. trust me nobody wan stop for help.
i wad lucky sha o. my lapy .my phone.infct na me dem for use do deposit cause i was loaded. bur mt God is a God of miracle. we later slept at iwo road by 2am
Re: My Experience With Highway Rubber Along Ife-ibadan Road by Xisnin(m): 3:37pm On Jan 17, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
af passed that road before arpund 11pm.
our stupid driver who keeps entering pot holes
car dev fault
we abt 2km away frm robbery scene before the car finally started aftwr 30mins he diverted to the other lane. trust me nobody wan stop for help.
i wad lucky sha o. my lapy .my phone.infct na me dem for use do deposit cause i was loaded. bur mt God is a God of miracle. we later slept at iwo road by 2am
As a bilonia, those are inconsequential.

(1) (Reply)

Zambia Unvails New Police Uniform / Old Man Almost Killed By A Fierce Ram, As He Refused To Run For His Life / Man Sexually Molested By Househelp At Age 8, Shares Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.