Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Throwback: How Jonathan Replied When Asked What He'll Do If He Looses Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback: How Jonathan Replied When Asked What He'll Do If He Looses Election (2356 Views)

How Jonathan Signed Himself Into Trouble With Fourth Amendment Bill 2015 / Excitement Over Atiku Dies Down As He Looses Heavily At His Own Poll. / How Jonathan Sealed Kwara Deal For Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback: How Jonathan Replied When Asked What He'll Do If He Looses Election by EzegeNG: 1:01pm On Jan 17, 2019
This is a throwback video of how Ex-President Goidluck Jonathan replied an Aljazeera interviewer , who asked him what he'll do if he looses the 2015 General election.

In her words;
The people are worried about violence springing during election are you worried about the violence?
Jonathan replied with;

Yes I'm worried and I'm not happy about it.

She went further to ask;

If you don't win this election, will you bow out gracefully?

He [Jonathan] replied with;

I will win the election because I have done wonderfully. But in a situation whereby I default and someone wins the election, I will go back to my village and rest. The country is not my father's estate and I only want to serve.
This is coming after President Buhari refused giving a concrete response when asked what he'll do if he looses the coming Election.

Speaking during a live programme tagged ‘The Cadidates’ debate for the 2019 general elections in Abuja, President Buhari said it sounded impossible for him the lose the election considering the wide reception he has continued to receive across the country during campaigns.

Asked specifically whether he will quit office if he is defeated in the forth the election, President Buhari said, “it won’t be the first time I will lose election,”.

I tried 2003 and I was in Court for 13 months, 2007. I was in court for 18 months in 2011 and went up to the Supreme Court. I sat down and said God Dey.

Watch the video here and see reactions below:

cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

3 Likes

Re: Throwback: How Jonathan Replied When Asked What He'll Do If He Looses Election by EzegeNG: 1:02pm On Jan 17, 2019
More

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: How Jonathan Replied When Asked What He'll Do If He Looses Election by jamaicabakare(m): 1:26pm On Jan 17, 2019
Ok
Re: Throwback: How Jonathan Replied When Asked What He'll Do If He Looses Election by StillX10(m): 1:30pm On Jan 17, 2019
Buhari has planned evil and violence in this election so he won't respond to the comfort of the nation

Jonathan is the main man

3 Likes

Re: Throwback: How Jonathan Replied When Asked What He'll Do If He Looses Election by EzegeNG: 2:32pm On Jan 17, 2019
cry
Re: Throwback: How Jonathan Replied When Asked What He'll Do If He Looses Election by NaijaRoyalty(m): 2:34pm On Jan 17, 2019
You don't appreciate what you have till you lose it

7 Likes

Re: Throwback: How Jonathan Replied When Asked What He'll Do If He Looses Election by chloride6: 2:38pm On Jan 17, 2019
"it won’t be the first time I will lose election,”.

How does this not qualify as a concrete answer?

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: How Jonathan Replied When Asked What He'll Do If He Looses Election by SaiAtikuTill203: 2:45pm On Jan 17, 2019
Buhari is the new Father Christmas in town!
First, he gave Guinea Bissau $500,000 last week, and he has now approved a grant of 1 billion dollar for Sudan to enable them fight famine.
This is a country that can't pay 30k naira minimum wage. A country that has been designated as the poverty capital of the world fighting poverty in another land.
A country that has been borrowing and even trying to sell of its assets to finance a budget is giving to another country.
A country that doesn't suffer famine, but its citizens are very hungry.
This grant to a great extent revalidates the Jubrin saga!
BUHARILOOTER must be voted out at all cost!

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: How Jonathan Replied When Asked What He'll Do If He Looses Election by Sirjamo: 2:55pm On Jan 17, 2019
I thought you people said we should stop referring to 16 years of PDP?
Useless hypocrites
Re: Throwback: How Jonathan Replied When Asked What He'll Do If He Looses Election by Randy100: 3:05pm On Jan 17, 2019
chloride6:

It doesn't answer the question. If somebody asked you what will you do if you travel to Europe and you answered "this will not be the first time I will be travelling to Europe." It doesn't answer the question. Possible answer could be if I travel to Europe I will bomb European parliament. Hope you are cleared.

6 Likes

Re: Throwback: How Jonathan Replied When Asked What He'll Do If He Looses Election by chloride6: 3:08pm On Jan 17, 2019
Randy100:
It doesn't answer the question. If somebody asked you what will you do if you travel to Europe and you answered "this will not be the first time I will be travelling to Europe." It doesn't answer the question. Possible answer could be if I travel to Europe I will bomb European parliament. Hope you are cleared.

Does the phrase "read in between the lines" mean anything to you?

What did the president do the last time he lost the election?
Re: Throwback: How Jonathan Replied When Asked What He'll Do If He Looses Election by kutchs: 3:17pm On Jan 17, 2019
chloride6:

It doesn't qualify as a concrete answer because those times he lost election he wasn't in power. Now he is in power and has the power to 'retain power' by all means. Then he wasn't in control of any agency but today he controls all and can use them at will.

That's why that answer he gave isn't reasonable at all. Jonathan gave a straightforward and clear answer to same question which he kept to. Can buhari be that straightforward too?

1 Like

Re: Throwback: How Jonathan Replied When Asked What He'll Do If He Looses Election by chloride6: 3:21pm On Jan 17, 2019
kutchs:

It doesn't qualify as a concrete answer because those times he lost election he wasn't in power. Now he is in power and has the power to 'retain power' by all means. Then he wasn't in control of any agency but today he controls all and can use them at will.

That's why that answer he gave isn't reasonable at all. Jonathan gave a straightforward and clear answer to same question which he kept to. Can buhari be that straightforward too?

Thats straight enough for me..

it should be for you. i cant believe we are debating this...

What does it "wouldn't be the first time " to you?
Re: Throwback: How Jonathan Replied When Asked What He'll Do If He Looses Election by EzegeNG: 3:33pm On Jan 17, 2019
cc: lalasticlala
Re: Throwback: How Jonathan Replied When Asked What He'll Do If He Looses Election by Shawnnn01: 3:40pm On Jan 17, 2019
The fact that you can not decipher or think with your brain does not mean all Nigerians are as foolish as many of your Biafrans have chosen to be. If you are not okay with the answer Buhari gave the lagoon is still buzzing.
kutchs:

Re: Throwback: How Jonathan Replied When Asked What He'll Do If He Looses Election by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 17, 2019
NIGERIA is not RIPE enough to have a leader like GEJ.
GEJ would have offered himself, in the year 3030.
Not this present day Nigeria
We deserve BUHARI.
Let the Suffering and Onslaught continue.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: How Jonathan Replied When Asked What He'll Do If He Looses Election by Randy100: 4:12pm On Jan 17, 2019
chloride6:

Does the phrase "read in between the lines" mean anything to you?

What did the president do the last time he lost the election?

we can't start to infer the meaning of what the president is saying. The last time he lost election i.e 2011, people were killed in the north by his fanatical supporters. A group of NYSC corp members were murdered in cold blood. I hope you still remembered.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: How Jonathan Replied When Asked What He'll Do If He Looses Election by franklingud(m): 4:14pm On Jan 17, 2019
chloride6:

Then he further explained what he'll do when he loses this election.

Go to court and fight till he gives up.
Re: Throwback: How Jonathan Replied When Asked What He'll Do If He Looses Election by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 17, 2019
Do you know that with all the epic response,

still

There is a lifeless Zombie who prefers Buhari to GEJ?

Such are they whose faculty of thought is dilapidated beyound repair...
Re: Throwback: How Jonathan Replied When Asked What He'll Do If He Looses Election by solutionist: 6:08pm On Jan 17, 2019
Hmmmm.....

(1) (Reply)

#lagosibadanrail #pmbprojects::: Trending On Twitter. PICS. / Minimum Wage- Kindl Upd8 The Salary Structure Of The Federal Civil Service / President Donald Trump Relocating To Florida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.