Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Advice Needed By Guitarists - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Advice Needed By Guitarists (359 Views)

Few Challenges Beginner Guitarists Face / Simple Practice Tips For ALL Guitarists! / Guitarists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed By Guitarists by Spark2: 2:37pm On Jan 17, 2019
Hello
Please I've been struggling to learn guiter for some time now. I have mastered most of the chords aside those that require barring. My major problem is the strumming. My strumming is not coordinated I don't even know what to do. All the videos I watched could not help me.
What do you advice me to do?
How was your own experience of strumming?
Thank you
Re: Advice Needed By Guitarists by Jakumo(m): 4:00pm On Jan 17, 2019
Spark2:
Hello
Please I've been struggling to learn guiter for some time now. I have mastered most of the chords aside those that require barring. My major problem is the strumming. My strumming is not coordinated I don't even know what to do. All the videos I watched could not help me.
What do you advice me to do?
How was your own experience of strumming?
Thank you

Focus on the strumming, using a pick, and ensuring that you hit all strings on both the up and the down stroke of the pick.

To simplify the learning procedure, deaden the strings with a light pressure against the fret-board, such that the strings don't sound, enabling you to hear your strumming without worrying about the chords.

You can even practice this strumming whilst listening to music, so that you can develop a flow that follows the beat, again with your strings quieted using light pressure, whereby you only hear the recorded music being played, with no interfering sound coming from your guitar, except for the scratching pick sound on the strings.

The Congolese are Africa's Guitar kings. Check out Flamme Kappaya, and hey, use this video for your strumming practice, with no sound coming from your guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdG56XA0NsY
Re: Advice Needed By Guitarists by Spark2: 10:48pm On Jan 18, 2019
Jakumo:

Focus on the strumming, using a pick, and ensuring that you hit all strings on both the up and the down stroke of the pick.

To simplify the learning procedure, deaden the strings with a light pressure against the fret-board, such that the strings don't sound, enabling you to hear your strumming without worrying about the chords.

You can even practice this strumming whilst listening to music, so that you can develop a flow that follows the beat, again with your strings quieted using light pressure, whereby you only hear the recorded music being played, with no interfering sound coming from your guitar, except for the scratching pick sound on the strings.

The Congolese are Africa's Guitar kings. Check out Flamme Kappaya, and hey, use this video for your strumming practice, with no sound coming from your guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdG56XA0NsY

I really do appreciate. Really very helpful. Can I send you an email so that we talk more on WhatsApp pls?
Re: Advice Needed By Guitarists by concept65: 8:38pm On Jan 20, 2019
Thanks for opening this thread. I need help with learning how to make sure that all my fingers land at right strings of a cord, my first finger always lands correctly o time but my other fingers always lag behind resulting in a cord sounding horrible. This is really frustrating to me, anyone with a tip?

(1) (Reply)

Teni - Uyo Meyo / Timaya – Pull Up Ft Burna Boy / Airboy - Tell You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.