Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,597 members, 7,820,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Help! Advice As I Want To Acquire A Puppy For The Second Time. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help! Advice As I Want To Acquire A Puppy For The Second Time. (678 Views)

Introducing A Puppy To An Older Dog / Get A Puppy Or Adult Dog From AJESEH KENNELS / I have N20K -- Offer Me A Puppy. Location: Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Advice As I Want To Acquire A Puppy For The Second Time. by DLifeless1: 6:46pm On Jan 17, 2019
My first dog was a mongrel(normal street bingo), people that saw this bingo thought it was a foreign breed because I took very good care of it, I was still naive then and disciplined the dog that it became fearful of people so I sold it to dog meat eaters since no one wanted it. I was not dog aware then as now, it will always do the opposite of what I want like eating shit and running to eat in the gutter, that years ago. The mother of this dog a German Shepherd Rottweiler mix and the father is a large German Shepherd. They were delivered yesterday and am to choose from the litter, I want a male cos I don't want to breed, just I need a very close animal best friend, a companion as am more of an introverted person that avoid human complexities.
How do I choose from the litter and how do I tend to it as per feeding quality meal that is home made because I have the time so I intend training it personally.
When I had cats like five, I slept with them on same bed, I don't need a ferocious or bad tempered dog, just a semi human, this is to tell you how much close I'll get with this dog.i intend attending church and school with it to socialize it properly.
Any hint?
Re: Help! Advice As I Want To Acquire A Puppy For The Second Time. by georgepopsii(m): 7:01pm On Jan 17, 2019
DLifeless1:
My first dog was a mongrel(normal street bingo), people that saw this bingo thought it was a foreign breed because I took very good care of it, I was still naive then and disciplined the dog that it became fearful of people so I sold it to dog meat eaters since no one wanted it. I was not dog aware then as now, it will always do the opposite of what I want like eating shit and running to eat in the gutter, that years ago. The mother of this dog a German Shepherd Rottweiler mix and the father is a large German Shepherd. They were delivered yesterday and am to choose from the litter, I want a male cos I don't want to breed, just I need a very close animal best friend, a companion as am more of an introverted person that avoid human complexities.
How do I choose from the litter and how do I tend to it as per feeding quality meal that is home made because I have the time so I intend training it personally.
When I had cats like five, I slept with them on same bed, I don't need a ferocious or bad tempered dog, just a semi human, this is to tell you how much close I'll get with this dog.i intend attending church and school with it to socialize it properly.
Any hint?

Bro raising a puppy is still like raising a child, the puppy will grow up knowing the things you teach, temperament varies on individual dog i.e you can have two dogs from same litter while one if ferocious the other is calm. However it all depends on what the trainer does. You have to study your dog and train him to suite your personality. Start training from puppy and caution when he does what you don't like from there he'll begin to understand you and so on. If you're to pick from that litter I'd advice you pick a puppy that exhibits dominant German Shepherd gene.

Cheers
Re: Help! Advice As I Want To Acquire A Puppy For The Second Time. by DLifeless1: 7:24pm On Jan 17, 2019
georgepopsii:

Bro raising a puppy is still like raising a child, the puppy will grow up knowing the things you teach, temperament varies on individual dog i.e you can have two dogs from same litter while one if ferocious the other is calm. However it all depends on what the trainer does. You have to study your dog and train him to suite your personality. Start training from puppy and caution when he does what you don't like from there he'll begin to understand you and so on. If you're to pick from that litter I'd advice you pick a puppy that exhibits dominant German Shepherd gene.

Cheers

By dorminant gsd gene, does it mean the one that chances others for nipple?
Re: Help! Advice As I Want To Acquire A Puppy For The Second Time. by DLifeless1: 7:40pm On Jan 17, 2019
Re: Help! Advice As I Want To Acquire A Puppy For The Second Time. by georgepopsii(m): 6:44am On Jan 18, 2019
DLifeless1:

By dorminant gsd gene, does it mean the one that chances others for nipple?

Nah not chancing... Since you said the parents re gsd rott mix and gsd it's possible some of the puppies may look like a Rottweilers some like German Shepherd. Just Google rott puppy pictures and gsd puppy pictures that will guide you in picking a GSD. Picking a puppy with the aggression of a rott coupled with the aggression of GSD can put you in trouble
Re: Help! Advice As I Want To Acquire A Puppy For The Second Time. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 18, 2019
Are you buying the pup that they are giving you or are they just giving it to you?
Re: Help! Advice As I Want To Acquire A Puppy For The Second Time. by DLifeless1: 3:48pm On Jan 19, 2019
mhd5757:
Are you buying the pup that they are giving you or are they just giving it to you?
They are giving it to me.
Re: Help! Advice As I Want To Acquire A Puppy For The Second Time. by agboedeh: 8:10pm On Jan 19, 2019
DLifeless1:
My first dog was a mongrel(normal street bingo), people that saw this bingo thought it was a foreign breed because I took very good care of it, I was still naive then and disciplined the dog that it became fearful of people so I sold it to dog meat eaters since no one wanted it.
why would u sell d dog to dog eaters..poor dog. No matter what,a dog doesn't deserve to be killed. I would nt kill any dog I own or any dog at all weather mongrel or purest breed, aggressive or fearful.
It was a very cruel thing to do.
Come to think of it..if people saw your dog as a foreign dog,why did no one adopt him.I remember someone offering to buy my dog for 10k then upon I got him for 3k ,when it was just six month old BT I refused cos I have already gotten so attached..mind you its mongrel(local).
Re: Help! Advice As I Want To Acquire A Puppy For The Second Time. by DLifeless1: 9:31pm On Jan 19, 2019
agboedeh:
why would u sell d dog to dog eaters..poor dog. No matter what,a dog doesn't deserve to be killed. I would nt kill any dog I own or any dog at all weather mongrel or purest breed, aggressive or fearful.
It was a very cruel thing to do.
Come to think of it..if people saw your dog as a foreign dog,why did no one adopt him.I remember someone offering to buy my dog for 10k then upon I got him for 3k ,when it was just six month old BT I refused cos I have already gotten so attached..mind you its mongrel(local).
I had no option because where I was then, most people weren't interested in pets and I can't continue to keep him.

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Gang / Meet Jack, Our Top Male GSD Stud . / Dog Lovers Whatsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.