Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,161 members, 7,953,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:51 PM

Discover The Town Selling Off Homes For $1 To Anyone Willing To Renovate Them - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Discover The Town Selling Off Homes For $1 To Anyone Willing To Renovate Them (659 Views)

Photos Of Presicce, Italy Paying $25,000 To Anyone Willing To Move There / COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated / Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Discover The Town Selling Off Homes For $1 To Anyone Willing To Renovate Them by Babanews(m): 10:39pm On Jan 17, 2019
A picturesque town in Sicily is selling off homes for $1 to anyone willing to renovate them

Sambuca in Sicily is selling off homes for just 1 ($1.14).

The stunning countryside town is hoping the move will repopulate its streets and provide a boom to the economy.

There's a catch, though.

Buyers will have to commit to spending at least 15,000 (about $17,200) on renovating the homes, which are in need of some TLC.

The town's deputy mayor and tourist councillor told CNN that this was a small price to pay, though, for a spot in the "City of Splendor."
Do you dream of riding a vintage bicycle around cobbled streets?

Of going to the market to pick up burrata and fresh tomatoes for lunch?

Of stopping for an espresso with the vecchi signori as they sit al fresco in the Mediterranean sunshine?

Well, you could do all those things and, what's more, now you could do them for as little as a dollar.

The picturesque Sicilian town of Sambuca is selling off homes for just 1 ($1.14) in a bid to encourage people to move there and provide a boom to its economy.

Sambuca isn't the first rural commune in Italy to try and encourage repopulation this way as residents continue to move to urban areas.

In January last year , the Sardinian town of Ollolai announced that it was selling 200 homes for 1 in an effort to lure new residents. Over the past half-century, the town's population had declined from 2,250 people to just 1,300.

However, Sambuca says they're doing things differently.

"As opposed to other towns that have merely done this for propaganda, this city hall owns all 1 houses on sale," Giuseppe Cacioppo, Sambuca's deputy mayor and tourist councillor, told CNN .

"We're not intermediaries who liaise between old and new owners. You want that house, you'll get it no time."

So, are you really getting a home for $1? Well, yes, but there's a catch, of course.

Source: https://www.babanewsline.com.ng/2019/01/a-picturesque-town-in-sicily-is-selling.html

cc; lalasticlala

Re: Discover The Town Selling Off Homes For $1 To Anyone Willing To Renovate Them by Nbote(m): 10:41pm On Jan 17, 2019
Oga I'll buy 2.. Make una jus give me Visa first

4 Likes

Re: Discover The Town Selling Off Homes For $1 To Anyone Willing To Renovate Them by labani06(m): 10:25am On Jan 18, 2019
i swear if they would give me visa ehhn i would buy twenty chai i wish one day such thing would happen in Banana island

(1) (Reply)

Where And How To Hire A Truck For Relocation Anywhere In Nigeria / I Need A Short Stay Apartment In Abuja. / Heavy Traffic Hits Ikeja, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.