Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,816 members, 7,831,655 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents (36975 Views)

The Duties And Functions Of The Best Man At A Nigerian Wedding. / Lady Serves As Best Man At A Wedding Ceremony In Bayelsa State. Photos / Female 'Best Man' Steals The Show At Her Brother's Wedding In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by afribabe: 10:00am On Jan 18, 2019
biosystech:
lol! Please, which wedding? Images, if you have any.

Need a fairly used laptop, contact me or click on my username.

https://www.nairaland.com/4454865/bobrisky-wears-gown-bridesmaid-wedding

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 18, 2019
Caseless:
cool

Female "best man" aka spare wife tyre!

If your wife misbehave, you know where to go. She could come handy in times of need.

I soffot zha idea.
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by prince049(m): 10:03am On Jan 18, 2019
PrimadonnaO:
I don't think I'll be comfortable having a woman play bestman to my groom on my wedding day...

I don't think I even want to marry a man who has a strong emotional attachment to another woman.
But why do most females think this way..
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by prince049(m): 10:03am On Jan 18, 2019
PrimadonnaO:
I don't think I'll be comfortable having a woman play bestman to my groom on my wedding day...

I don't think I even want to marry a man who has a strong emotional attachment to another woman.
But why do most females think this way..trust issues
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Sushsu7: 10:10am On Jan 18, 2019
End time marriage everywhere
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 18, 2019
flyca:

Risky Bob was chief braidsmaid in one wedding laidat undecided

Ahahahah
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 18, 2019
Chirolechick:
Nobody stopped you from being a bridesmaid, I saw bobrisky as part of a bride’s train recently tongue

Brother Bobby is confused
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Octofirm: 10:28am On Jan 18, 2019
In one word:"what is the role of a best man in a wedding"? Thanks & good morning. cool shocked
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Delaw00(m): 10:33am On Jan 18, 2019
Kikikikikikikicheesy
PrimadonnaO:

Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by InvertedHammer: 10:43am On Jan 18, 2019
/
Don't blame the ladies

Blame the sissy with no real man as a father figure in his life who felt that it would be a good idea to have a lady as a "bestman".

All these "girlie men" prancing around as men just because they have two balls. This is the only scenario I will support total sex change for a man that allows this nonsense at his (or do I day her) wedding.
/

1 Like

Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by GeorgeTheCoder: 10:46am On Jan 18, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:
Its just a way of showing appreciation to the guy who has been giving her the salamander before she finally met her husband.

What is a salamander ? Please explain
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by jhenie(f): 10:50am On Jan 18, 2019
Have you asked bobrisky and he refused?
Kingwizzy16:
Its called best man not best woman or best human

Women always dragging things with us but they will never drag responsibilities with us

A man can't be allow to be a chief bridesmaid

I'm not in support
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Xisnin(m): 10:51am On Jan 18, 2019
Kingwizzy16:

Women always dragging things with us but they will never drag responsibilities with us

I'm not in support
So, the woman forced the groom to choose her?
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 18, 2019
Kingwizzy16:

I'm not in support

Keep hating tongue
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 18, 2019
jhenie:
Have you asked bobrisky and he refused?

Lol grin
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by jceaglewatch(m): 11:12am On Jan 18, 2019
itsmeurLady:
Human beings are always trying to outsmart themselves and at the end of the day, they appear foolish in their acts. looking back at the tower of babel, i can see history repeating itself already. Everybody doing i-too-know. okay tell me now, What business has a woman with a best man? as a matter of fact, you can use anybody as your best man, it must not be your best friend. Pick any Man that has sense and looks good and use him,no big deal there.

Dear Future husband, let foolishness stop in 2018 because the day u mention to me that you have a female bestie or whatnot to me talkless of using her as best man, thats the end of us. There are many soul mates out there, no need to kill myself for an oversabi man!

E-Feminists will come for me now grin grin

Feminists, food is ready grin
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by DAntivirus: 11:13am On Jan 18, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

You just sounded insecure
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by SaturnNick(m): 11:16am On Jan 18, 2019
When will men start taking the role of bridesmaid then?
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by frank202012: 11:16am On Jan 18, 2019
Ebonko4life:
WEARING OF TROUSER AS A WOMAN IS UNACCEPTABLE BY GOD.(HOLINESS AND OUTWARD APPEARANCE).

… For man looketh on the outward appearance, but the lord looketh on the heart.(1 Samuel 16:7).

you have just read one of the most misunderstood and misapplied scriptures in the entire bible. I cannot tell you how many times this scripture has been quoted (or misquoted) to me to prove that God does not care the snap of His finger for the externals of holiness.

This verse has been lifted completely out of is context to imply that God does not care how a man and a woman looks in regard to hair, clothes, etc., when in reality it is an instruction to Samuel not to anoint a man to be king because he is tall or good looking. The children of Israel were no doubt impressed with their first king, Saul, because he was a big man physically (1 Samuel 9:2).God was conveying the message to Samuel in (1 Samuel 16:7) that he was not impressed with men because of their physical stature, he was looking at the heart, or spiritual stature of a man. God does care how his people look on the outside.

One of the devils tactics today is to cause people to look hideous. For proof of that, go to your local records sales counter and view the pictures of the rock music stars. They make themselves look hideous why? man was created in the image of God. The devil does not want people to look good. Demons have no body and they hate the body we have. When they look at us, they are reminded that Jesus Christ came in the form of a man(Romans 8:3,Phillipians 2:5,cool,hence, they want to cause us to look as far removed from what God wants us to appear as possible.

“Too many people major on minors”. Have you ever heard a statement like that?, is God interested in even the smallest way in how people look?, isn’t it true that to preach and teach that God requires certain standards of dress is to keep believers under the law?. Let us now take a few moments to find out what the New Testament teaches about externals of holiness. “Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of god (2 Corinthians 7;1.). We notice here that to perfect holiness as God requires means there must be a conscious cleansing effort made by us as individuals, without as well as within. We can also readily see that Gods word mentions flesh before the spirit. There is a good reason for this. If we cannot cleanse that which we and others can see, then it will be even harder to cleanse that which no one can see. The word flesh here is taken from Greek word which means in this case, the body as opposed to the soul, or spirit, or as the symbol of what is external as opposed internal. Keep this in mind :if people are willing to compromise what you see then it is probably they are compromising even more that which you cannot see.” Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Be not deceived, neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulteress, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God” (1 Corinthians 6:9-10).

I want to zero in on the word, “effeminate.” The dictionary definition of the effeminate means having unsuitable feminine qualities: unmanly. The Greek word that is translated effeminate means of uncertain affinity, soft. God hates anything that destroys the distinction between sexes.” The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man…”(Deu. 22:5), (Revelation 21:27).the fifth verse of Deuteronomy 22 is part of the moral law that is carried over into the New Testament. why is it immoral for a woman to dress like a man or woman? Because it breaks down the distinction between sexes and fosters homosexuality and lesbianism. The modern day homosexual revolution did not just appear on the scene suddenly. Much of it started during the second world war when women donned men’s clothing and went to work in the factories. The next step was to cut their hair like a man. The great argument today is that slacks have been made famine by putting the buttons or zippers on the sides or the rear of the garments. That is ridiculous as saying a dress could be a man’s dress because it buttons or zippers around the waist instead of the front ,back, or side. This perversion of clothing started with idol worshippers. Men wore the dress of women when they presented themselves before the star of Venus. Women wore men’s clothing when they presented themselves before the star of mars. Idols were frequently represented with the features of one sex, but the dress of another. The worshippers of these idols wanted to appear as their gods did. Notice the description of monsters given in the bible … and their faces were as the faces of men. And they had hair as the hair of women…(Revelation 9;7-coolis it any wonder why God hates that which destroys the distinction of the sexes?. It is easy then to see the importance of the following instructions “doth not even nature itself teach you that if a man have long hair it is a shame unto him?, but if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her for her hair is given her for a covering(1 Corinthians 11:14-15.) I knew...

AN EXCERPT FROM “WHAT IS HOLINESS” BY WILLIAM F. HILL.

Oga u made a good point nd I learnt from ur writeup, but u should know that all these white weddings isn't biblical...its European culture nd some of the things they do might have been adopted from idolaters....
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Caseless: 11:21am On Jan 18, 2019
Bossontop:

grin cheesy cheesy
Mesef follow soffot zha idea
correct guy!

1 Like

Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by mechanics(m): 11:38am On Jan 18, 2019
hmmmm, people always doing things differently, to me its absurd.
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by bedspread: 11:52am On Jan 18, 2019
Confused people!!
Confused World!

Confused Mind!!

This is Abomination upon Abomination
A woman cannot be a man!
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by ecstasy357(m): 12:10pm On Jan 18, 2019
Ebonko4life:
WEARING OF TROUSER AS A WOMAN IS UNACCEPTABLE BY GOD.(HOLINESS AND OUTWARD APPEARANCE).

… For man looketh on the outward appearance, but the lord looketh on the heart.(1 Samuel 16:7).

you have just read one of the most misunderstood and misapplied scriptures in the entire bible. I cannot tell you how many times this scripture has been quoted (or misquoted) to me to prove that God does not care the snap of His finger for the externals of holiness.

This verse has been lifted completely out of is context to imply that God does not care how a man and a woman looks in regard to hair, clothes, etc., when in reality it is an instruction to Samuel not to anoint a man to be king because he is tall or good looking. The children of Israel were no doubt impressed with their first king, Saul, because he was a big man physically (1 Samuel 9:2).God was conveying the message to Samuel in (1 Samuel 16:7) that he was not impressed with men because of their physical stature, he was looking at the heart, or spiritual stature of a man. God does care how his people look on the outside.

One of the devils tactics today is to cause people to look hideous. For proof of that, go to your local records sales counter and view the pictures of the rock music stars. They make themselves look hideous why? man was created in the image of God. The devil does not want people to look good. Demons have no body and they hate the body we have. When they look at us, they are reminded that Jesus Christ came in the form of a man(Romans 8:3,Phillipians 2:5,cool,hence, they want to cause us to look as far removed from what God wants us to appear as possible.

“Too many people major on minors”. Have you ever heard a statement like that?, is God interested in even the smallest way in how people look?, isn’t it true that to preach and teach that God requires certain standards of dress is to keep believers under the law?. Let us now take a few moments to find out what the New Testament teaches about externals of holiness. “Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of god (2 Corinthians 7;1.). We notice here that to perfect holiness as God requires means there must be a conscious cleansing effort made by us as individuals, without as well as within. We can also readily see that Gods word mentions flesh before the spirit. There is a good reason for this. If we cannot cleanse that which we and others can see, then it will be even harder to cleanse that which no one can see. The word flesh here is taken from Greek word which means in this case, the body as opposed to the soul, or spirit, or as the symbol of what is external as opposed internal. Keep this in mind :if people are willing to compromise what you see then it is probably they are compromising even more that which you cannot see.” Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Be not deceived, neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulteress, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God” (1 Corinthians 6:9-10).

I want to zero in on the word, “effeminate.” The dictionary definition of the effeminate means having unsuitable feminine qualities: unmanly. The Greek word that is translated effeminate means of uncertain affinity, soft. God hates anything that destroys the distinction between sexes.” The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man…”(Deu. 22:5), (Revelation 21:27).the fifth verse of Deuteronomy 22 is part of the moral law that is carried over into the New Testament. why is it immoral for a woman to dress like a man or woman? Because it breaks down the distinction between sexes and fosters homosexuality and lesbianism. The modern day homosexual revolution did not just appear on the scene suddenly. Much of it started during the second world war when women donned men’s clothing and went to work in the factories. The next step was to cut their hair like a man. The great argument today is that slacks have been made famine by putting the buttons or zippers on the sides or the rear of the garments. That is ridiculous as saying a dress could be a man’s dress because it buttons or zippers around the waist instead of the front ,back, or side. This perversion of clothing started with idol worshippers. Men wore the dress of women when they presented themselves before the star of Venus. Women wore men’s clothing when they presented themselves before the star of mars. Idols were frequently represented with the features of one sex, but the dress of another. The worshippers of these idols wanted to appear as their gods did. Notice the description of monsters given in the bible … and their faces were as the faces of men. And they had hair as the hair of women…(Revelation 9;7-coolis it any wonder why God hates that which destroys the distinction of the sexes?. It is easy then to see the importance of the following instructions “doth not even nature itself teach you that if a man have long hair it is a shame unto him?, but if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her for her hair is given her for a covering(1 Corinthians 11:14-15.) I knew...

AN EXCERPT FROM “WHAT IS HOLINESS” BY WILLIAM F. HILL.

Powerful words
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by TheStarsAlign: 12:39pm On Jan 18, 2019
Aieboocaar:
I can bet my balls that dude has been lowkey hitting dah "bestie's" ass for a while now wink
Haba! Baba cool down and read the article na. She is his twin sister and he claimed none of his friends understand him more than she does, so he wants to honour her.

I don't think its a big deal in this particular scenario but if they were not siblings that's another thing entirely.
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 18, 2019
HavocGirlMile99:

Keep hating tongue

Saying the truth
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Lotechi(m): 12:50pm On Jan 18, 2019
lielbree:

Is she the one that dragged herself? Is it not the groom that asked her??

Shut your woman hating aśs up
you never know who asked who. I'm a firm believer of individual sovereignty but I do hope the female folks will not gossip till eternity if a lady chooses a male as her chief bridesmaid. #fairness
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Lotechi(m): 12:55pm On Jan 18, 2019
jaxxy:
I still don’t get the idea
are you just knowing that the world has gone mad. Come to the u.s and you will be shocked to your bones.
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by seniormallam(m): 1:11pm On Jan 18, 2019
In this case they are twins, so those shouting smashing we know you guyz are among the students that immediately you open a comprehensive passage , you'll read question first and goto the passage and be looking for answer
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by veykey: 1:41pm On Jan 18, 2019
Kingwizzy16:

I'm not in support
You can be my Chief bridesmaid if you wish. I'll allow it. grin
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 18, 2019
Kingwizzy16:

Saying the truth

I can't find any truth there.
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 18, 2019
HavocGirlMile99:

I can't find any truth there.

Go see your doctor
Re: Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 18, 2019
Kingwizzy16:

Go see your doctor

Mind your words, Mr man.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Colorful & Massive Fireworks Explodes In Australia As They Welcome New Year 2017 / Young Couple Buried Two Weeks After Their Wedding. See Obituary & Burial Photos / Ugandan Groom & His Bride Trek To Church For Their Wedding Due To 'Low Budget'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.