Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:17 PM

"I Belong To Top Level Of Football" - Jose Mourinho - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "I Belong To Top Level Of Football" - Jose Mourinho (502 Views)

Real Madrid Officials In Rivers As Club Begin Building Of Football Academy. Pics / What Happens To The Used Kits Of Football Players After A Match? / I’m The Best Player In The History Of Football – Ronaldo Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Belong To Top Level Of Football" - Jose Mourinho by Sportdab(m): 7:28am On Jan 18, 2019
Former Manchester United Coach Jose Mourinho has revealed his plans to return to "top level" football management.

The Portuguese manager was sacked by Manchester United in December after a poor start to the new season.

He had previously led the club to a second-placed finish in 2017-18 and wins in the Europa League and FA Cup, but United's awful league form this season and widespread reportsof rifts with senior players saw him depart.

However, MySportDab report one thing is for certain: the 'Special One' has no intention of walking away from the game.

"I want to coach," he told BeIN Sports while commenting on the ongoing Asian Games.

"I am too young [to retire], I am in football for a long, long time but I will be 56 in a couple of weeks and am really too young.

"Where I am going to stay is where I belong, I belong to top football. I belong to top-level football and that is where I am going to be."

“I think it was when Manchester United sold David Beckham to Real Madrid if I’m not wrong but the phrase I kept with me from the biggest one in the Premier League - Sir Alex Ferguson - was, ‘The day a player is more important than the club, goodbye’,” Mourinho added.

“Not any more. Not any more. Because there are many things behind now that means it is difficult to create a situation as linear as this one.

“The manager is there to coach them [players], the manager is not there to keep the discipline at any cost. The structure must be made.

"The structure must be there to protect the manager and for the players to feel that everything is in place and they are not going to arrive into a situation where they feel more powerful than they used to be.”

Read more;https://www.mysportdab.com/2019/01/belong-to-top-level-of-football-jose.html

cc lalasticlala

Re: "I Belong To Top Level Of Football" - Jose Mourinho by wizzie001(m): 7:46am On Jan 18, 2019
This guy hasn't learnt his lessons, his pride & I don't care attitude will consume him. What is the essence of structure you couldn't build around your players, but instead to protect you against them. Pathetic!
Re: "I Belong To Top Level Of Football" - Jose Mourinho by ceejayMAX(m): 7:49am On Jan 18, 2019
top level of parking the bus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Belong To Top Level Of Football" - Jose Mourinho by onlinetomola(m): 10:49am On Jan 18, 2019
wizzie001:
This guy hasn't learnt his lessons, his pride & I don't care attitude will consume him. What is the essence of structure you couldn't build around your players, but instead to protect you against them. Pathetic!

addressing someone above 50 as guy ? Nah real wah undecided undecided undecided
Re: "I Belong To Top Level Of Football" - Jose Mourinho by wizzie001(m): 7:02pm On Jan 18, 2019
onlinetomola:

addressing someone above 50 as guy ? Nah real wah undecided undecided undecided

I hope this helps!

(1) (Reply)

Moses Relishes Winning Debut For Fenerbahce; Thankful To Fans / Nationality And Countries Of All WWE Superstar 2019 / Sad News For The Football Community: Sala Death Confirmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.