Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

How To Act Like A Ceo - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Act Like A Ceo (252 Views)

How To Act Like A CEO At Your Job Even Though You Are An Employee / Lady Reveals Chat Between Her And A CEO Who Wanted Her For Sex (PHOTO) / Fast Food Employee's "Beautiful" Act Of Kindness Goes Viral (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Act Like A Ceo by dprince4christ(m): 11:30am On Jan 18, 2019

Power comes from integrity

Power is duty that comes from integrity.
The truth is that at the CEO level there are many opportunities to do wrong. The CEO has a very long leash. There’s little scrutiny above that level in many business situations. And when you clearly have the option—but choose not to take it—you have personal power because of how you handled yourself and people will see, understand, and respond accordingly.

We like movies with some version of a hero overcoming a hurdle— a time where he could lie, cheat, or steal—but instead he ends up more powerful because of not doing it. Well, that opportunity comes to you every day to be a hero at the office. “People felt I’d be fair and compassionate. And I got devoted employees because of it. I didn’t need to worry about standing in the doorway at 5:00 and be trampled by exiting employees,” says Dr. Kelvin Kesler, Chief of Ft. Collins Women’s Clinic.

(Author’s Note: Throughout this post, I’ve pretty liberally interchanged words here such as integrity, ethics, character, values, and honesty. I know the dictionary definition is different for each but I’m going to continue interchanging them because you get my point when I use them that it’s all about being a good person. I could even add moral, trustworthy, upright, authentic, sincere, and “does the right thing.” Whatever word you choose to use is fine—to describe right or wrong—as long as you never try to fool yourself.

You have to be truly true to yourself. As the CEO, no matter how hard you try, you won’t please everyone and some will feel you lack integrity. That’s a price you pay for being in the spotlight. You’ll have enemies. When they appear, listen to what they criticize you for. Change if they are right and be grateful for them—they help you get better...Read on

(1) (Reply)

Apply Now: Coimbra Group Short Stay Scholarship Programme 2019 / Ongoing Recruitment At Hamilton LLOYD And Associates 2019 | Apply Now / Training Starts Tomorrow, Conquer After Effects In 2weeks. 10k Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.