Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,584 members, 7,955,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:55 PM

Trump Denies House Speaker Pelosi Military Aircraft For Foreign Trip - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Denies House Speaker Pelosi Military Aircraft For Foreign Trip (361 Views)

Trump Denies Inciting Capitol Riots, Claims Senate Has No Power To Impeach Him / US Capitol: Police Arrest Man Who Sat On House Speaker, Nancy Pelosi's Desk / Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Trump Denies House Speaker Pelosi Military Aircraft For Foreign Trip by obixcel(m): 11:37am On Jan 18, 2019
President Trump denied Pelosi a Military aircraft for foreign trip, after call for State of the Union delay

President Trump on Thursday abruptly denied military aircraft to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for a foreign trip just minutes before the congressional delegation was set to depart, in a stunning decision that followed her call to delay the State of the Union address amid the government shutdown.

In a curt letter, Trump said her trip has been “postponed.”

“Due to the Shutdown, I am sorry to inform you that your trip to Brussels, Egypt, and Afghanistan has been postponed. We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over. In light of the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay, I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate. I also feel that, during this period, it would be better if you were in Washington negotiating with me and joining the Strong Border Security movement to end the Shutdown. Obviously, if you would like to make your journey by flying commercial, that would certainly be your prerogative" President Trump wrote.

According to sources, the president pulled the plug on Pelosi's aircraft as she was about to leave for her overseas trip. Her congressional delegation's military aircraft was slated to depart at 3 p.m. ET.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-denies-pelosi-aircraft-for-foreign-trip-in-response-to-call-for-state-of-the-union-delay

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Drug Trafficking And The Saudi Sword / Next Britain Prime Minister: Who Will Emerge Next? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.