Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,401 members, 7,836,609 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Poor State Of The Health System In Nigeria, (UNIVERSITY COLLEGE HOSPITAL, Ib) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Poor State Of The Health System In Nigeria, (UNIVERSITY COLLEGE HOSPITAL, Ib) (280 Views)

Omidoyin, Oyo Community Cries Out Over Poor State Of Water / Abia Isolation Centres In Poor State – Resident Doctors / 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Poor State Of The Health System In Nigeria, (UNIVERSITY COLLEGE HOSPITAL, Ib) by jolak5(m): 11:50am On Jan 18, 2019
Don't worry, Nigeria is bleeped up. Every system is poorly constructed, especially the health sector.
University College Hospital, Ibadan.... I hope I don't go there for any health reason again.

After an AVM surgery, We were told to take our patient out for CT scan cos the facility is no longer functional in the hospital (can you imagine a university college hospital, premiere college hospital in Nigeria).

Well, no wahala... Make my bro sha dey alright. So we needed a nurse to do some inspection on him before we can use the hospital ambulance. Ok, give us nurse wey go check ham, d unit in charge of this said there is only one nurse on duty and she has gone out for inspection.... When she go come back, we don't know, this lasted for more than 4 hours..

After a while, a nurse in the icu volunteered to do the inspection. We were to use the hospital's ambulance to transport him to the lab. My people, the ambulance is in a sorry state... The shock absorber is messed up, no ac and the heat was killing... Well, we managed... When we got back from the lab, there was no electricity and so, the one lift that serves everyone wasn't working (This is uch, the first in naija). We had to push him from the ground floor to the second floor... (he developed severe headache before we got back to his ward..

To be continued...

(1) (Reply)

With Phyto Bliss Herbal Tea Infertility Is A Thing Of Past / Lassa Fever Claims Lives In Plateau And Ebonyi / Http://www.visitworldnutrition.com/intellirage-brain-pills/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.