Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Where Do You Think Is The Most Cheapest City In Nigeria In 2019? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where Do You Think Is The Most Cheapest City In Nigeria In 2019? (611 Views)

5 Places In Nigeria You Should Visit In 2019 / The Following Are The Countries Already In 2019 / Lagos Ranked As The Second Cheapest City In The World For Expatriates (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Do You Think Is The Most Cheapest City In Nigeria In 2019? by MrSurd: 5:13pm On Jan 18, 2019
Pls nairalanders, am planing of moving away from lagos because of high cost of acomodation and transport to a very cheap city to start up business. Pls where do you think is the most cheapest city in nigeria at this time that business can also move very well. Pls am talking in terms of acomodation, transportation and feeding. Your suggestion is highly welcomed.
Re: Where Do You Think Is The Most Cheapest City In Nigeria In 2019? by okk4sure: 5:21pm On Jan 18, 2019
Osogbo.

1 Like

Re: Where Do You Think Is The Most Cheapest City In Nigeria In 2019? by elinocute: 1:44am On Jan 19, 2019
ibadan

2 Likes

Re: Where Do You Think Is The Most Cheapest City In Nigeria In 2019? by jimmyroger: 10:55am On Jan 19, 2019
Come to ilorin bro... Ibadan I getting expensive.. Ilorin is cool and fun.... Just have little cash
Re: Where Do You Think Is The Most Cheapest City In Nigeria In 2019? by Speedyconnect15: 1:32pm On Jan 19, 2019
MrSurd:
Pls nairalanders, am planing of moving away from lagos because of high cost of acomodation and transport to a very cheap city to start up business. Pls where do you think is the most cheapest city in nigeria at this time that business can also move very well. Pls am talking in terms of acomodation, transportation and feeding. Your suggestion is highly welcomed.

THERE is nothing like a cheap city as such. Except maybe you work online or with a parastatal with same salary structure irrespective of location.

Again, a distance of 10km can make a huge difference between the much vaunted cheap and costly accomodation or costly living generally.

In Bwari then, close to law school, food was costly but Mama Nkechi, from Enugu then was selling sumptuous meal at 250 per plate. This is just a 7 minutes walk from the costly restraunts.

The only difference was that her shop wasn't cozy.

Again, note that the law of demand and supply applies everywhere.

Costly places have high paying clients and jobs.
The closer a house is to busy places where things are happening, the costlier it is. So you may pay 1m for a self con on the island and trek to work.

Or pay 200k for same selfcon on the mainland and spend 1k or more daily on transport coupled with stress, times lost in traffic and other inconveniences.

This same rule is same all over the world.

ow old are you?

Are you single?

Where are you from?

What capital do you have?

What type of business do you like ?

What do you do currently?

Highest level of education?

1 Like

Re: Where Do You Think Is The Most Cheapest City In Nigeria In 2019? by Speedyconnect15: 1:38pm On Jan 19, 2019
jimmyroger:
Come to ilorin bro... Ibadan I getting expensive.. Ilorin is cool and fun.... Just have little cash

Less money in less expensive cities as well.

An ashawo in Lagos can easily meet a client that will pay 50--100k for a night.

Ashawo pays for costly accommodation and needs from costly charges from clients.

If she moves to ilorin, she meets clients who can at best pay 10k per night.

Ashawo pays for cheap accomodation and feeding from cheap charges from low income clients.

So it's same and looks more promising in lagos for the ashawo because of more fringe benefits.
Re: Where Do You Think Is The Most Cheapest City In Nigeria In 2019? by MrSurd: 2:20pm On Jan 19, 2019
Speedyconnect15:

THERE is nothing like a cheap city as such. Except maybe you work online or with a parastatal with same salary structure irrespective of location.

Again, a distance of 10km can make a huge difference between the much vaunted cheap and costly accomodation or costly living generally.

In Bwari then, close to law school, food was costly but Mama Nkechi, from Enugu then was selling sumptuous meal at 250 per plate. This is just a 7 minutes walk from the costly restraunts.

The only difference was that her shop wasn't cozy.

Again, note that the law of demand and supply applies everywhere.

Costly places have high paying clients and jobs.
The closer a house is to busy places where things are happening, the costlier it is. So you may pay 1m for a self con on the island and trek to work.

Or pay 200k for same selfcon on the mainland and spend 1k or more daily on transport coupled with stress, times lost in traffic and other inconveniences.

This same rule is same all over the world.

ow old are you?

Are you single?

Where are you from?

What capital do you have?

What type of business do you like ?

What do you do currently?

Highest level of education?

I am 24, am based in lagos right now but my current Job isnt enough to meet up my needs and many more. Am single and very healthy. I really appreciate your contribution. You really motivated me
Re: Where Do You Think Is The Most Cheapest City In Nigeria In 2019? by MrSurd: 2:23pm On Jan 19, 2019
Speedyconnect15:

Less money in less expensive cities as well.

An ashawo in Lagos can easily meet a client that will pay 50--100k for a night.

Ashawo pays for costly accommodation and needs from costly charges from clients.

If she moves to ilorin, she meets clients who can at best pay 10k per night.

Ashawo pays for cheap accomodation and feeding from cheap charges from low income clients.

So it's same and looks more promising in lagos for the ashawo because of more fringe benefits.

thanks for your contribution shall, the ashowo case study u used to give example is very funny but very motivating, i think i will stay back in lagos and hustle harder
Re: Where Do You Think Is The Most Cheapest City In Nigeria In 2019? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 19, 2019
Osogbo

1 Like

Re: Where Do You Think Is The Most Cheapest City In Nigeria In 2019? by MrSurd: 3:40pm On Jan 19, 2019
ayosamlove:
Osogbo

how industrilized, commercialized and populated is osogbo and what is my hope of getting a job if business fails?

(1) (Reply)

Is UK Embassy Open / Breaking News- Plane Crash In Abuja With No Survivors / Please Who Knows Isara Remo!?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.