Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... (2466 Views)

Dropshipping Vs Amazon FBA: Which Should You Choose In 2020 / Free Lessons On Mini-importation And Dropshipping For Beginners / How To Make Money Dropshipping In Nigeria Using Shopify Store (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by kingggg(m): 7:39am On Jan 19, 2019
First off, I never planned this post(it's going to be a bit disorganized it's almost 3am as of the time I'm typing this so please understand)..

but if you're really interested in making money online you should read this..

doing this because alot of people are getting scammed and I want to enlighten as much persons as I can especially as the new year is about to kick off..

In fact just yesterday there was a buzz over my timeline.. a guy who claims to be a Shopify dropshipping expert who goes around scamming innocent people their hard earned money, just because they are naive..

So if you're interested in making money online legitimately, at least there are certain things you should be aware of before consulting some self acclaimed gurus..

Over the course of this write-up, I will be breaking down in details the difference and revealing things needed for you to put in place before venturing into either of the above.

If you're interested in making money online here are some few things you know..

✓ making money online isn't something that happens overnight with just "10mins work" like what some people tend to make people believe

In fact, if you have such mentality you are likely to get scammed..you need to have a couple of short nights sleep and sometimes not sleep at all..

I'm I saying it's rocket science?

Nope.. it's not..

In fact if you put in the work, your life can change in the space of one year..

Without further ado,let me list out the differences between dropshipping and mini importation.

Mini importation requires you buying stuffs from China from sites like AliExpress and 1688, send them to Nigeria (or anywhere you're located).. run ads to the products.. make sales.. make good money (if you know what you're doing)..

Mini importation is more like Amazon FBA in America.

While with dropshipping,you don't even have to buy or touch the product upfront..

All you have to do is create a website (personally I prefer Shopify).. use orberlo (an app) to import the pictures of the items to your Shopify store and run ads to your store without touching the product.

Infact you only purchase the product after it's been ordered and paid for by your customers..

not like in mini importation where we do cash on delivery (and sometimes go through the pain to getting orders returned,because for some weird reasons the customer decided to *travel*)...

From the brief analysis above you'll see dropshipping has a better advantage but it's more expensive to start up..

here's why...

As a Nigerian living in Nigeria, there are lots of disadvantages we face online..

the two biggest payment platforms which people all over the world transact with (PayPal and stripe) cannot function if you're based in nigeria..

PayPal DOES NOT allow Nigerians transact on their platform..

In fact John Obidi made a post about this PayPal thing over the weekend...you have to get someone over there (in countries they accept) open one for you.

Stripe is for people based in the US, and if you're based outside the US and you want to open a stripe account and get registered as an LLC it will cost you about 500$..

But once that is done, the risk is less..

With mini importation,you have to be very careful to be sure you're importing a "hot in demand product".. so you don't have goods you at home staring at you..

But once it's arrives, you can deliver in 3 working days..

While with dropshipping, you get the order from your customer, while you go to AliExpress and buy from there (at a cheaper rate, send to your customers and keep the profit) without seeing the products physically or touching it

But with dropshipping shipping can take up to 30days in some cases before it arrives the customers destination (depending on which country your customers are located)

This happens because you are sending this stuffs from China, although there's what we call e pocket packages that makes shipping faster for e-commerce..

it's still takes between 12 to 30 days before it arrives your customers address and most times it's faster if your customers are located in America.

Anyways here's a brief summary for what you should budget before starting either mini importation or dropshipping

With mini importation you can start up with as low as #100k (300$) and grow from there...

But with dropshipping, you should have a budget of between the #300k to #500k (1k$ to 2k$)

Why I'm I saying this?

So you don't get decieved..

See this as your store.. you need capital to run it..

But one thing I can tell you is it is highly profitable..

you can easily earn as much as 3k$ monthly (being moderate) from either dropshipping or mini importation...

There's good money in e-commerce,its no fluke that the richest man in the work runs an e-commerce business.

You just have to do it right.

PS: if I get enough engagements on this post I will make out time to share some secrets on how to start winning with either dropshipping or mini importation..

Feel free to ask questions.
Cheers.
David Collins...

5 Likes

Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by purpleB(f): 12:49pm On Jan 19, 2019
Thank you so much for this piece, I've been downloading videos on droppshipping,i have learnt from your piece, would really appreciate if you will give more tutorials
Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by Olodo24: 1:49pm On Jan 19, 2019
What of customs charge? Or they don't charge?
Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by promisedwealth(m): 2:37pm On Jan 19, 2019
pls sir throw more light on mini importation.. I'm intrested.
Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by kaybaba25(m): 2:45pm On Jan 19, 2019
thanks Dave I really followed up your write up I will like to learn more from your tutorial if there is any my WhatsApp 08034471829
Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by pinky92(f): 3:30pm On Jan 19, 2019
Thank you so much, Please continue... I'm really interested in mini importation
Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by ManuelNate1: 3:31pm On Jan 19, 2019
Carry on boss
Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by Olodo24: 4:00pm On Jan 19, 2019
pinky92:
Thank you so much, Please continue... I'm really interested in mini importation
same here. I even need to learn drop shipping as well even if it's to just order my own phones
Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by effissyman(m): 6:11pm On Jan 19, 2019
yea bro,,drop shipping is preferable than mini importation.. am starting that soon though am currently in china and all i do is import goods to Nigeria and to some customers outside Nigeria who were referred to me by clients in Nigeria...drop shipping is dope and it's cool money..thumps up bro
Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 19, 2019
kingggg Love ur write Up bro. i try mimi impprtation last year. it a good deal but we lack trust issue in dis country. customers will be asking for PAY ON DELIVERY. they donr trust d seller . 2 customer that i do POD FOR LAST YEAR ARE STILL OWING ME.

i have to put the business on hold because of the amoubt they owe me. buu will start fully dis year.

lastly what your take ob dis. i want to create an online store. where i will be dropshipping for nigerian sellers. and also post product from aliexpress to sell.

your VIEW
Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by Olodo24: 9:46pm On Jan 19, 2019
In mini importation or drop shipping, does one have to pay any fee before picking the goods when it arrives? I'd like to import some clothing items since they'd surely be cheaper that way

1 Like

Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by BamideleIyanu89: 9:58pm On Jan 19, 2019
10 Business you can do as a student and make cool money

https://nltrends.com.ng/10-businesses-you-can-do-as-a-student/
Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by temmy59: 10:10pm On Jan 19, 2019
Dropshipping is dope but the biggest challenge is payment system to recieve and send in Nigeria
Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by dinosmiles(m): 10:20pm On Jan 19, 2019
Nice.

Following this thread religiously.
Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by Nobody: 6:13am On Jan 20, 2019
Olodo24:
In mini importation or drop shipping, does one have to pay any fee before picking the goods when it arrives? I'd like to import some clothing items since they'd surely be cheaper that way

we beware Chinese dont really have quality Clothe. PC me via whatsapp let relate
Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by Diggydanny41: 6:39am On Jan 20, 2019
Thanks for this cool insight.....i guess you are into mini importation I'm a delivery guy based in Asaba but do deliveries in both anambra Asaba,warri and environs.... I could be of service to you.... Here is my number 08066169835
kingggg:
First off, I never planned this post(it's going to be a bit disorganized it's almost 3am as of the time I'm typing this so please understand)..

doing this because alot of people are getting scammed and I want to enlighten as much persons as I can especially as the new year is about to kick off..

In fact just yesterday there was a buzz over my timeline.. a guy who claims to be a Shopify dropshipping expert who goes around scamming innocent people their hard earned money, just because they are naive..

So if you're interested in making money online legitimately, at least there are certain things you should be aware of before consulting some self acclaimed gurus..

Over the course of this write-up, I will be breaking down in details the difference and revealing things needed for you to put in place before venturing into either of the above.

✓ making money online isn't something that happens overnight with just "10mins work" like what some people tend to make people believe

In fact, if you have such mentality you are likely to get scammed..you need to have a couple of short nights sleep and sometimes not sleep at all..

Nope.. it's not..

Without further ado,let me list out the differences between dropshipping and mini importation.

Mini importation requires you buying stuffs from China from sites like AliExpress and 1688, send them to Nigeria (or anywhere you're located).. run ads to the products.. make sales.. make good money (if you know what you're doing)..

While with dropshipping,you don't even have to buy or touch the product upfront..

All you have to do is create a website (personally I prefer Shopify).. use orberlo (an app) to import the pictures of the items to your Shopify store and run ads to your store without touching the product.

Infact you only purchase the product after it's been ordered and paid for by your customers..

not like in mini importation where we do cash on delivery (and sometimes go through the pain to getting orders returned,because for some weird reasons the customer decided to *travel*)...

From the brief analysis above you'll see dropshipping has a better advantage but it's more expensive to start up..

here's why...

As a Nigerian living in Nigeria, there are lots of disadvantages we face online..

the two biggest payment platforms which people all over the world transact with (PayPal and stripe) cannot function if you're based in nigeria..

In fact John Obidi made a post about this PayPal thing over the weekend...you have to get someone over there (in countries they accept) open one for you.

Stripe is for people based in the US, and if you're based outside the US and you want to open a stripe account and get registered as an LLC it will cost you about 500$..

With mini importation,you have to be very careful to be sure you're importing a "hot in demand product".. so you don't have goods you at home staring at you..

While with dropshipping, you get the order from your customer, while you go to AliExpress and buy from there (at a cheaper rate, send to your customers and keep the profit) without seeing the products physically or touching it

But with dropshipping shipping can take up to 30days in some cases before it arrives the customers destination (depending on which country your customers are located)

This happens because you are sending this stuffs from China, although there's what we call e pocket packages that makes shipping faster for e-commerce..

it's still takes between 12 to 30 days before it arrives your customers address and most times it's faster if your customers are located in America.

Anyways here's a brief summary for what you should budget before starting either mini importation or dropshipping

With mini importation you can start up with as low as #100k (300$) and grow from there...

But with dropshipping, you should have a budget of between the #300k to #500k (1k$ to 2k$)

Why I'm I saying this?

you can easily earn as much as 3k$ monthly (being moderate) from either dropshipping or mini importation...

There's good money in e-commerce,its no fluke that the richest man in the work runs an e-commerce business.

PS: if I get enough engagements on this post I will make out time to share some secrets on how to start winning with either dropshipping or mini importation..

Cheers.
David Collins...

2 Likes

Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by Diggydanny41: 6:42am On Jan 20, 2019
Hey emperor I could be your delivery guy in anambra and delta state..... My number is 08066169835
emperorblog21:
kingggg Love ur write Up bro. i try mimi impprtation last year. it a good deal but we lack trust issue in dis country. customers will be asking for PAY ON DELIVERY. they donr trust d seller . 2 customer that i do POD FOR LAST YEAR ARE STILL OWING ME.

i have to put the business on hold because of the amoubt they owe me. buu will start fully dis year.

lastly what your take ob dis. i want to create an online store. where i will be dropshipping for nigerian sellers. and also post product from aliexpress to sell.

your VIEW
Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by lass982: 7:44am On Jan 20, 2019
Am trying to order things on Amazon and the Price for eligible to nigeria is exhorbitant. Is there any other way i can get my goods shipped by not paying too much for Shipping straight to Nigeria. For instance, i want to order a watch cost $32.99 and shipping straight to Nigeria cost $31. Please kindly enlighten me on how to get the shipping fee reduced. Thanks
Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by yesloaded: 8:01am On Jan 20, 2019
lass982:
Am trying to order things on Amazon and the Price for eligible to nigeria is exhorbitant. Is there any other way i can get my goods shipped by not paying too much for Shipping straight to Nigeria. For instance, i want to order a watch cost $32.99 and shipping straight to Nigeria cost $31. Please kindly enlighten me on how to get the shipping fee reduced. Thanks
get in touch with me on 08137750741 I can ship it for you to Nigeria for less.
Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 20, 2019
lass982:

Buy from Aiexpress or 1688 hit me Up
Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by henrygold100: 1:01pm On Jan 20, 2019
pls I have many questions. infact am confused at some point. am a novice. pure novice. my question is, start up capital for dropshipping should be lesser since ur not buying any goods with ur money, ur buying from customers money and sending to them. so where is the huge start up capital for dropshipping really going to.
Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by henrygold100: 1:33pm On Jan 20, 2019
kingggg:

Cheers.
David Collins...
pls I have many questions. infact am confused at some point. am a novice. pure novice. my question is, start up capital for dropshipping should be lesser since ur not buying any goods with ur money, ur buying from customers money and sending to them. so where is the huge start up capital for dropshipping really going to.
Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by Cathyblinks: 2:01pm On Jan 20, 2019
henrygold100:

The huge capital is from setting up your drop shipping store and in marketing.

For people to see the products you are selling, you need to promote them. This will cost you.
Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by lindie03(f): 5:45pm On Jan 20, 2019
I'm interested in both, if there's a group, I'd love to join
kingggg:

Nope.. it's not..

here's why...

Why I'm I saying this?

Cheers.
David Collins...

1 Like

Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by Kenturkey048(m): 6:31pm On Jan 20, 2019
nice pis sir..waiting for more enlightenmen
Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by smoothvee(m): 1:25am On Jan 21, 2019
King people like you are rare, please do not abandon this thread. You hit it spot on! Please shed equal lights on the both like you are doing cos this is the biz I’m looking at this year.

And thread members let’s not allow anybody derail this thread
Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by africanman85: 6:14am On Jan 21, 2019
payment gateway is d major problem
Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by effissyman(m): 6:26am On Jan 21, 2019
emperorblog21:

we beware Chinese dont really have quality Clothe. PC me via whatsapp let relate

Hello bro,, can you please just don't pull down any product from anywhere just to promote yourself..be guided.. This is the same China i have been buy clothes and goods to people in Nigeria..especially my ibo guys in Lagos. Most of Chinese clothing are quality and cheap..what you don't know,you don't say so as to your own betterment.. Be guided.
Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by Olodo24: 7:51am On Jan 21, 2019
effissyman:

Hello bro,, can you please just don't pull down any product from anywhere just to promote yourself..be guided.. This is the same China i have been buy clothes and goods to people in Nigeria..especially my ibo guys in Lagos. Most of Chinese clothing are quality and cheap..what you don't know,you don't say so as to your own betterment.. Be guided.
you import?
Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by effissyman(m): 8:09am On Jan 21, 2019
Olodo24:
you import?

Yea from China..and by the way why do you ask?
Re: Dropshipping Vs Mini Importation... by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 21, 2019
effissyman:

hi bro. thanks for dis. am not promoting nyself am just saying from experience maybe,because of what those chinese seller sell for me sha. and u know u will have time to Check tje goods there before u send dem to Nigeria.,me now i chat with sellee and pay dem, i dont see d product unless itvget to Nigeria and d pictures online.

(1) (Reply)

This Secret Hack Will Pay You $2.40 Every 2minutes (with Proof) / How Much Can An 18-seater Bus Driver Deliver To The Bus-owner / WHAT NEXT YOU CAN DO TO BE YOUR OWN BOSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.