Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan (42036 Views)

Lagos Flood Brings Crocodile At Ebute-Ero, Lagos Island- Eyewitness. PHOTOS / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Interior Of The New Trains (Photos) / Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by zoedew: 3:49pm On Jan 20, 2019
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by zoedew: 3:49pm On Jan 20, 2019
Going to Redemption Camp will be a piece of cake!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 20, 2019
That's what the useless Obasanjo could not do for the SW people....... I disdain obasanjo for his hypocrite and stupidity. Buhari must return and jail him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by Shegzy8(m): 4:03pm On Jan 20, 2019
Guys I'm really in need of help..I've got some pressing issues I have to attend to and its so urgent...i'm really in need...I reside in osun state...I really need opportunities to raise this money and I am ready to work for it...please if you live in osun or around you can call me...if you have any way you can help, or opportunities in which I can use to raise it before February 5th...I got laid off at work and no means or source of livelihood.... Its life and death...its an emergency please...08108669224
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by Basdkg(m): 4:07pm On Jan 20, 2019
Sai Baba till 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by CoolAmbience(m): 4:35pm On Jan 20, 2019
olujastro:
Progress.
The good thing about this project in addition to evacuating the congested port and easing travel to and from Lagos, is that it's sited in a region where development is highly appreciated and always rewarded with votes in return.

Not those who will swear with their lives that no such project is going on, insisting they just passed there recently and no such project exists. cheesy
South West is 4+4

As an individual, there is hardly any government project of importance that I don't go to the project site to see things for myself.

It is a big shame when you see youths deny the existence of these projects that are right under their noses due to hate and bigotry.

I must commend OP for being a true Nigerian. It's Nigeria's project and there is nothing wrong with visiting to see things for yourself instead of going on social media to remark like slaves of politicians and aliens.

For instance, the Warri-Benin-Ore-Omotoso-Ajebamidele-Sagamu-Lagos road has never been this good over the past 20 years. While construction is ongoing and progressing well, comprehensive remediation works had been done to fill dangerous potholes. This is really commendable.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by towyeenbell2: 4:45pm On Jan 20, 2019
SaiAtikuTill203:
Everybody shld go to the poll and choose their leader in 2019.. Whatever happens eventually, we accept it? Sell your vote to highest bidder, enjoy the moment.. But remember, their is a price to pay
Some of the prices we are paying for our indecision in 2015 includes:
Recession
Hunger
Inflation
Fuel hike
Insecurity
Kidnapping
Bandits
Fulani Herdsmen
Marginalization
Unemployment
Poor education
Bad governance
Harassment
Lawlessness
Unlawful detention
Nepotism
Corruption
Homelessness
Depression
Today, basic things in the market, are not affordable. Kerosene, gas, rice, beans etc are very expensive..
hhahahahahahah....this person na werey oooo chaiii ...you no get work ni ...abeg help me ask this dindinrinkatu who am quoting to tell us if all this didn't happen during 16years of PDP rule.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 20, 2019
[s]
Afamed:

Because people here don't leave in self denial like you and your e warriors?
[/s]

undecided
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by chinchum(m): 5:17pm On Jan 20, 2019
Lagos Ibadan expressway and Lagos-Ibadan railway are core projects that must be completed in the SW The SW cant afford to let these projects stalled or uncompleted due to a change in government. Wisdom is profitable to direct. Self interest is key in politics. APC must win the presidential election massively in the SW.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by olujastro: 5:53pm On Jan 20, 2019
CoolAmbience:

As an individual, there is hardly any government project of importance that I don't go to the project site to see things for myself.

It is a big shame when you see youths deny the existence of these projects that are right under their noses due to hate and bigotry.

I must commend OP for being a true Nigerian. It's Nigeria's project and there is nothing wrong with visiting to see things for yourself instead of going on social media to remark like slaves of politicians and aliens.

For instance, the Warri-Benin-Ore-Omotoso-Ajebamidele-Sagamu-Lagos road has never been this good over the past 20 years. While construction is ongoing and progressing well, comprehensive remediation works had been done to fill dangerous potholes. This is really commendable.

Kudos to you. That's how our attitudes towards governance should be.
Hopefully others learn as well.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by islandmoon: 6:08pm On Jan 20, 2019
hmm

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by COMPAQ(m): 6:28pm On Jan 20, 2019
zoedew:
Going to Redemption Camp will be a piece of cake!

Unfortunately it doesn't pass through there.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by SternProphet: 6:37pm On Jan 20, 2019
If you are from the SW and you vote any other than Buhari, you are a dunce. Seriously: lag - ibd rail, support for Dangote refinery, lag - one expressway and the port access roads are for real. Forget the ignoramus they are building up who says he will sell NNPC, enrich his friends but is too afraid to face Oby Ezekwesili without Buhari present .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by Olawalesmarter(m): 6:52pm On Jan 20, 2019
olujastro:
Progress.
The good thing about this project in addition to evacuating the congested port and easing travel to and from Lagos, is that it's sited in a region where development is highly appreciated and always rewarded with votes in return.

Not those who will swear with their lives that no such project is going on, insisting they just passed there recently and no such project exists. cheesy
South West is 4+4

Remove Osun State cheesy
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by Olawalesmarter(m): 6:56pm On Jan 20, 2019
towyeenbell2:
hhahahahahahah....this person na werey oooo chaiii ...you no get work ni ...abeg help me ask this dindinrinkatu who am quoting to tell us if all this didn't happen during 16years of PDP rule.

But PDP 16 years felt like Heaven compare to APC 4 years, While 4 years APC felt like Hell you must have been a slowpoke to Vote for Another 4 years .... it is like saying "this Suffering sweet me die" I want more....... and what complicate the Matter is that Buhari is not even Strong to change things, Buhari is now lifeless and Dull
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by Raskasal(m): 6:57pm On Jan 20, 2019
Hypocrite Obasanjo won't see anything good in this. He couldn't do this and yet, won't allow PMB do it.

PMB till 2023

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by Olawalesmarter(m): 7:00pm On Jan 20, 2019
towyeenbell2:

You see you are a dullard like Buhari so because so if it Happened during PDP rule, does that means we should be cool with it during APC rule? was it not the same things You voted PDP out for ? but it is good to continue because it is APC abi? try to listen and Understand Yourself....... Your Mumu done do......
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by Gazzyconsults: 7:06pm On Jan 20, 2019
Iceman2017:
Kingsely Moghalu is the man for a better Nigeria.
These old men are outdated!
Vote wisely
The question is who knows him even in my village?
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by 989900: 7:45pm On Jan 20, 2019
Toosure70:
The government is trying but their only problem is buhari bigotry and tribalism.

GBAM!
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by 77up(m): 7:51pm On Jan 20, 2019
And some useless stupid idiots ll call yoruba names for supporting this administration.

Yoruba did not even benefited under Obasanjo like they did/doing under buhari.

I dont know if its save to say any yoruba that didnt vote buhari are bastard angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by zoedew: 9:15pm On Jan 20, 2019
COMPAQ:

Unfortunately it doesn't pass through there.

Yeah but it affords you an opportunity to commute a shorter road route to the Camp.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by soggy28(m): 9:24pm On Jan 20, 2019
If this is all pmb could do for the Yorubas in 4 years .Then he deserve my vote for second time.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by kuuljay(m): 9:26pm On Jan 20, 2019
Imagine if each zone had this every three years in the past 16years,life will be cheaper because food will be surplus
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by soggy28(m): 9:31pm On Jan 20, 2019
Nigeria, the only country in the world which gets money from the east but uses the money to build modern development infrastructures only in the north and the southwest to some extent.

It's gonna fall.
Are u drunk?does that land locked region of urs has any money?1
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by Hafeezcodex1(m): 9:38pm On Jan 20, 2019
Sia baba!�
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by TGMISKY(m): 11:20pm On Jan 20, 2019
4 + 4 loading. Sai Buhari.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by Ategberoson(m): 12:39am On Jan 21, 2019
in Igbo's voice Buhari is going back to daura with their least PVC collection grin

they made themselves a joke in the nation
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Eyewitness Account Of The Abeokuta Station, Oke Mosan by akintunde63: 7:21am On Jan 21, 2019
AutoReportNG:
The Lagos-Ibadan Railway is one project that the South Westerners can't wait to see come into actualization. It is a project that cut across three states namely, Lagos, Ogun and Oyo states. The project will help to curtail the traffic and also make life easier for Nigeria. People in Ibadan, Abeokuta can get to Lagos in minutes and return to their home without the hassle and struggle of traffic. The minister of transportation has been following the project like his pet project, according to him, he can't wait to see the vision and the project become a reality.

Just as the minister for transportation, Mr. Rotimi Ameachi has mandated Nigerians not to "siddon look" and read all news on dailies and social media, he said he has mandated all securities around all construction sites to allow Nigerians to take pictures and verify all constructions across the country.

People seem to be holding him for his word as a man named Otunba Sula has gone to verify the Lagos-Ibadan railway Abeokuta Station at Oke Mosan. According to him, he went to check things for himself and also give a first-hand reportage of the real issue, read his account below...

So I visited this site just this morning (Sunday) and it was busy as usual. The scale of work is awesome and there's huge progress made already.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-neDXwTrB0WM/XEMbOLL39VI/AAAAAAAAXck/ZRFlICEV-qYt20-g4k3D_jEzZI4GyW2xQCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Abeokuta_Railway_001_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

I wanted to see the work done on the Lagos/Ibadan rail around Abeokuta Station for myself so I paid a visit.

I caught soldier units all around, all I had to do was courtesy & smile at them and they allowed me through.

Apparently, they don't allow just anyone in to not disturb the flow.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-KyG4Te0omTA/XEMbcRRcOEI/AAAAAAAAXdE/kzGv7KccBgkuB93fHmvG9BuAhTb0-mFhgCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Abeokuta_Railway_009_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

It's incredible how they've surmounted the challenge (in little time) of building a tunnel for a rail path under the Abeokuta-Sagamu dual carriage highway.

Not so far from that tunnel is a huge bridge (actively undergoing construction) and an even smaller tunnel.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-voH6S9mXuYk/XEMbQnY-4gI/AAAAAAAAXcw/HH8lyD4aFKMRJCr-m-jsJkPwO18Ziw_fwCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Abeokuta_Railway_004_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

I'm uncertain what this huge 'machinery thaing' does exactly but I bet it has something to do with laying rail tracks (perhaps specifically over bridges). I've seen a smaller one along this same rail path over the old Abk/Ibd express road.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-PLMqWzs4p-g/XEMbeEtvLOI/AAAAAAAAXdM/2VAAc8WPvcEwbCiYMQPWPyDzZsL1Ew_xwCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Abeokuta_Railway_010_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

And here comes the tracks.. It's a long way down... My unprofessional phone camera could only try.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-UmQk1_eGo3M/XEMbg7Dj8nI/AAAAAAAAXdY/DxLUK03hPLkypv1oUmqYxs2lHyOmG037QCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Abeokuta_Railway_012_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-o3FRulJKKag/XEMbazsUIcI/AAAAAAAAXc8/0TfmEBkiSjY7naBx34UTWaR0caGdvs4YACLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Abeokuta_Railway_007_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

I must have walked no less than 2 kilometers along the rail path from the highway.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-PjMW2fBhvOE/XEMfKHCskbI/AAAAAAAAXeo/KSxgIAeI4_01unKbSY7y2ivmdOziKKIGQCLcBGAs/s1600/Oke_Mosan_Abeokuta_007_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Editorial Note:
Due to some strong words used by the author, we have to edit some parts and also we can't upload all the pictures as they are many. You can check the source for more if you wish.

Photo Credit:
Otunba Sula (@OtunbaSula)

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/01/lagos-ibadan-railway-eyewitness-account.html

I'm sure that after it is commissioned the PDP will say Jonathan started it, Jonathan conceived the idea, Jonathan awarded the contract...bunch of failed, old thieves

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Russian Jet Crash: Plane Carrying 71 'breaks Up' In Moscow Sky – 'no Survivors' / Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Accident Along Ibadan Expressway. Graphic Photos / Ongoing Work At Enugu International Airport (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.