Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Food Affects The Your Spiritual Well Being. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Food Affects The Your Spiritual Well Being. (811 Views)

You Disobey Jesus Whenever You Say Someone Is Your Spiritual Father / "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church / Describe Your Spiritual Life In A Sentence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Food Affects The Your Spiritual Well Being. by YAHREIGNS: 8:25pm On Jan 19, 2019
Have you ever woken up at peace full of calmness but somehow by evening the same day, your Mood has changed negatively and you can't pin point what happened? There are many ways this can happen. One of them is diet. The food you take could be stealing your peace. No wonder Moses (the prophet) was so particular about diet.

I have noticed that some foods can switch you from calmness to anxiety and stress. For me, it includes some spices that increase acidity. This Chinese table is not far from truth!! (It categorizes foods according to their effect on body heat. There are cooling foods and heating foods).

The higher the foods temperature, the more likey it will get you worked up and anxious. There are neutral foods too. The cool foods can be consumed to counteract the negative effect of the increase in heat.

Make this you homework. Note how you react to foods. If you suddenly become anxious after eating, now you know why ... the hot food. Cold foods on the other hand bring calmness and increase peace of mind.

Anything that gets you bloated and acidic is also likely to get you all glittery and anxious.

1 Like

Re: Food Affects The Your Spiritual Well Being. by Brazzaville(m): 11:36pm On Jan 19, 2019
Re: Food Affects The Your Spiritual Well Being. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 20, 2019
There is a connection between healthy eating and wellness for body, mind and soul. It's not just about physical changes.
God really knew what He was doing when He designed the body...and certain foods that really heal or nourish it.
In the U.S, the obesity epidemic is out of proportion simply because of the abuse of three things: salt, sugar and fried foods...the deadly trio.
Also too much carbs and caffeine.
Americans have overindulged.
I have been guilty myself.
As I started to move towards much healthier options, my mind started clearing up much more.
My body started craving fresh greens...whenever I had not had them in a few days. Fruit is nature's healer I tell you...can't really beat it.
Raw veggies and fruits really do heal the body in a way that only God knew... (of course cooking them is also good when necessary).
I actually had an apple yesterday (Fuji was the brand) that was absolutely the tastiest, sweetest and juiciest I had ever had...and I just couldn't stop talking about..lol.
You would've thought I was talking about candy.
I could go on and on but I'll stop.
Anyhow, nice post.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food Affects The Your Spiritual Well Being. by Julivas(m): 1:05pm On Jan 21, 2019
Mobilia:
There is a connection between healthy eating and wellness for body, mind and soul. It's not just about physical changes.
God really knew what He was doing when He designed the body...and certain foods that really heal or nourish it.
In the U.S, the obesity epidemic is out of proportion simply because of the abuse of three things: salt, sugar and fried foods...the deadly trio.
Also too much carbs and caffeine.
Americans have overindulged.
I have been guilty myself.
As I started to move towards much healthier options, my mind started clearing up much more.
My body started craving fresh greens...whenever I had not had them in a few days. Fruit is nature's healer I tell you...can't really beat it.
Raw veggies and fruits really do heal the body in a way that only God knew... (of course cooking them is also good when necessary).
I actually had an apple yesterday (Organic Rome) that was absolutely the tastiest, sweetest and juiciest I had ever had...and I just couldn't stop talking about..lol.
You would've thought I was talking about candy.
I could go on and on but I'll stop.
Anyhow, nice post.

You are knowledgeable in almost every topic in this section. I pray you will be able to put into practice what you have learnt, learning and will learn. Wishing you well and happy new year.
Re: Food Affects The Your Spiritual Well Being. by OpenYourEyes1: 1:17pm On Jan 21, 2019
Totally agree. Prophet Daniel choice of food in Babylon is my greatest inspiration.

1 Like

Re: Food Affects The Your Spiritual Well Being. by OpenYourEyes1: 1:24pm On Jan 21, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:
Totally agree. Prophet Daniel choice of food in Babylon is my greatest inspiration.

"Now God had given the chief of staff both respect and affection for Daniel.
But he responded, “I am afraid of my lord the king, who has ordered that you eat this food and wine. If you become pale and thin compared to the other youths your age, I am afraid the king will have me beheaded.”
Daniel spoke with the attendant who had been appointed by the chief of staff to look after Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah. “Please test us for ten days on a diet of vegetables and water,” Daniel said. “At the end of the ten days, see how we look compared to the other young men who are eating the king’s food. Then make your decision in light of what you see.”
The attendant agreed to Daniel’s suggestion and tested them for ten days.
At the end of the ten days, Daniel and his three friends looked healthier and better nourished than the young men who had been eating the food assigned by the king" - Daniel 1:9-15
Re: Food Affects The Your Spiritual Well Being. by YAHREIGNS: 2:30pm On Jan 21, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:
Interesting.
Re: Food Affects The Your Spiritual Well Being. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 21, 2019
Julivas:

You are knowledgeable in almost every topic in this section. I pray you will be able to put into practice what you have learnt, learning and will learn. Wishing you well and happy new year.

Well I wouldn't exactly say that. There's tons of stuff I don't know....
I think that I just get excited about learning some types of new information ....a little bit wink
I think, however, the beauty of being "wise" spiritually, is to admit that one doesn't know it all.
Thanks for the prayer...cause "yes"...putting into practice what I learn is the challenge...at times.
Happy new year sir.
Re: Food Affects The Your Spiritual Well Being. by alex1486: 2:19pm On Jan 28, 2019
there are many benefits of eating fruits. fruits prevents you from many diseases
https://www.youthfeed.org/food/summer-fruits-benefits/

1 Like

Re: Food Affects The Your Spiritual Well Being. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 28, 2019
alex1486:
there are many benefits of eating fruits. fruits prevents you from many diseases
https://www.youthfeed.org/food/summer-fruits-benefits/

Nature's Healer....extremely powerful...
I tell you...
I have a feeling that it's gonna be at the forefront of the majority of our diet for eternity...and we get to take a role in helping produce them.
Shows how important farming/self sustenance is even here on earth.. wink

Isaiah 65:21 (KJV)

And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kenya Female Pastor Blasted Over Her Dress In Church / Question About God That Has Been Bothering Me / Nigerian Girl Decoded To Leave Christianity To Islam Because Of Coza Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.