Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements (7141 Views)

Lagos Distributes Maize, Sorghum To Farm Settlements / Ondo Government Gives Ultimatum To Defaulters In Farm Settlements / Farmlands 4 Lease @FoodWallet Mechanized Farm Settlements -10k/hectare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by Ademat7(m): 10:03am On Jan 20, 2019
SIRTee15:

Ignore that guy....
Everything to him is APC v PDP....
Is it not aregbesola's rule of 8 years that burdened the poor state with generational debt......
I've not really been to osun but I won't be surprised if hunger reign supreme just like most other nigerian hinterland states.....
As per Tinubu....
I've always said it that Tinubu's ultimate goal is to introduce almajiri system of government into Yoruba land....
Where we have the ignorant n hungry masses dependent on few rich political elites for daily living n sustenance....
True talk
Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by martowskin1(m): 10:14am On Jan 20, 2019
Basic123:

here we go again, Claimed 7yrs Osun and argue with the indigen who has spent all his life in Osun.

Take Lagos out of Southwest bla bla bla

I knew it!,He is one IPOB terrorist who sought greener pasture Osun state.

why can't you just take Anambra out of SE and tell us what remain?

Infact in that your almighty Anambra,

Ozizo,Amiyi,Mputu,Obe
agwo,Ohita,Odekpe,Ogbakuba,Och
uche,Umuuodu,Ossomala,Ogwu-Ano
cha,Umunamkwo,Umuzu,Okpoko
Umuleri,Igbariam,Aguleri,Nando,Nsugbe,EziAgul
uotu,Mkpunando,Enugwu-Aguleri,Umuoba-Anam and Otuocha. ETC are one precipice of poverty and miserable living!

The bolded part is ur problem, u have actually not left ur cage, travel bro and let ur eyes open ..

Until u leave that ur cage, don't ever quote me, we no be mate....

Mind u am not from the SE, am from the SS....
Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by Basic123: 10:16am On Jan 20, 2019
martowskin1:

The bolded part is ur problem, u have actually not left ur cage, travel bro and let ur eyes open ..

Until u leave that ur cage, don't ever quote me, we no be mate....

Mind u am not from the SE, am from the SS....
grin...if you like claim ooni of Ife's son.

You can reply as much as you can with your multiple accounts.I don't get your time again.

bye bye!
Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by Devgist: 10:20am On Jan 20, 2019
This one of the things I thought the rules APC led government should have been doing as part of the employment creation agenda and not Npower
Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by martowskin1(m): 10:22am On Jan 20, 2019
Basic123:

grin...if you like claim ooni of Ife's son.

You can reply as much as you can with your multiple accounts.I don't get your time again.

bye bye!

Multiple account blast u there, why u no tell me say na ur handy work b that ...

If u quote me again..... Ehn
Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by swtdrms(m): 12:18pm On Jan 20, 2019
martowskin1:

Have u been to osun state before? Many of u just sit on ur android phones and see everything happening around the country

Osun state is another zone for poverty, I have a farm there, my reason of having such investment there despite been a southerner is due to cheap labour, I can pay them anything and get the job done ....

Their hungry is in another level, this is a state being ruled by APC for long time now not PDP.... So what am I saying

Stop deceiving ur self with this APC\pdp game, they are all same, an average Nigeria man is meant to be greedy and self centred..

Do u know how many times have visited osogbo for farming support, as regard what they claim they do for farmers, but yet nothing will happen

Maybe because am not from the state... Who knows .....

Mr Oga why are you guys always like this, lieing has always been part of your lifeline. Osun state is not different from other south west states in term of poverty and parity between income/expenditure. You may make more money in lagos and at the same time spend more compared to a place like Osun. Same for Ogun state. So your argument does not hold water. But going by statistics, Osun has the least unemployment rate in the country, and again, Osun has the least poverty index through out the country, according to NBS, and its been like that since the days of Jonathan's administration.

Lest i forget, I am from Oyo state and my wife is from Osun state. So i believe you should have a good idea of how often i visit Osun state.
Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 20, 2019
gensteejay:

I feel you're right about your assertion. While it's true that state governments need to put plans in place to bolster the agricultural sector and increase food output to address Nigeria's population explosion issue, I think it's more important to create policies to keep our population in check.

That's what any serious government would do. The natality rates among Nigeria's poor and uneducated — especially in the North — is alarmingly high.

I feel the government, both at the federal and state levels, should adopt and enforce a two-child policy, like what was done in China after the legislation backing the one-child policy was repealed in the Asian country in 2015.
we are too tribalistic and religious for that child policy to work. Before you know now the north will think its a sobatage to keep the north from progressing or even a political ploy to reduce the number of votes from the north . you have no idea the kind of people you share your country with. Before you you know muric or myeti group will start protesting. Let's just face how to Improve the agricultural sector .
Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by martowskin1(m): 1:02pm On Jan 20, 2019
swtdrms:

Mr Oga why are you guys always like this, lieing has always been part of your lifeline. Osun state is not different from other south west states in term of poverty and parity between income/expenditure. You may make more money in lagos and at the same time spend more compared to a place like Osun. Same for Ogun state. So your argument does not hold water. But going by statistics, Osun has the least unemployment rate in the country, and again, Osun has the least poverty index through out the country, according to NBS, and its been like that since the days of Jonathan's administration.

Lest i forget, I am from Oyo state and my wife is from Osun state. So i believe you should have a good idea of how often i visit Osun state.

I no fit reply una, forget the dirty index they upload for u guys, am from the SS, base from where I came from, there is nothing to write home about osun.....

This is the reason I said we should try to travel from time to time and see things for our selves rather than reading from the internet.....

See, am from river state, schooled in the SE, served in the SW, got my first job and transferred to middle beth, worked there for 3yrs, that's where I developed the farming idea....

And return to SW to farm.... Imagine buying an acre of land for 110K in osun, call me a lier, but have travelled and seen a lot in this nation.....

The poverty level in osun is the worst I have seen compare to any where I have been ... I can't say much about core north because have not been there

Now on ur matter, u said u are from Oyo, ur wife is from osun, I guess u schooled in lagos, Oyo or ondo(SW) and am very sure ur served in SW and u are currently based in Lagos ..

Take a stroll out, stay a year out and return to ur SW....
Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 20, 2019
frenzyduchess:
we are too tribalistic and religious for that child policy to work. Before you know now the north will think its a sobatage to keep the north from progressing or even a political ploy to reduce the number of votes from the north . you have no idea the kind of people you share your country with. Before you you know muric or myeti group will start protesting. Let's just face how to Improve the agricultural sector .
Yea, religion is a big issue in Africa.
Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by swtdrms(m): 2:01pm On Jan 20, 2019
martowskin1:

I no fit reply una, forget the dirty index they upload for u guys, am from the SS, base from where I came from, there is nothing to write home about osun.....

This is the reason I said we should try to travel from time to time and see things for our selves rather than reading from the internet.....

See, am from river state, schooled in the SE, served in the SW, got my first job and transferred to middle beth, worked there for 3yrs, that's where I developed the farming idea....

And return to SW to farm.... Imagine buying an acre of land for 110K in osun, call me a lier, but have travelled and seen a lot in this nation.....

The poverty level in osun is the worst I have seen compare to any where I have been ... I can't say much about core north because have not been there

Now on ur matter, u said u are from Oyo, ur wife is from osun, I guess u schooled in lagos, Oyo or ondo(SW) and am very sure ur served in SW and u are currently based in Lagos ..

Take a stroll out, stay a year out and return to ur SW....

I think there's no point going forth and back with you, since you don't believe and accept research data which we would have used to settle the scores because what you are seeing in Osun is completely different from what i am seeing. Don't conclude i've not travelled wide like you choose to conclude, i've travelled to a South East state for nysc, (Abia), being in and out of Delta and Edo State (so i have a good knowledge most esp. Delta state. toured all local governments in Delta), schooled in Niger, and have toured most northern states. So i know very clearly what i am talking about.
Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by islandmoon: 2:29pm On Jan 20, 2019
after 4 years, the will say they want to convert it to cattle grazing reserve and install emir just like they did in Ilorin cheesy
Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 20, 2019
I hope it won't be like ONDOSHEP?

If this is done well, with extension workers to teach farmers new farming methods, providing them with improved seedlings and so on, it may yield profits to the State and Nigeria.

But...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fish Drying Machine For Sale / Buyers Of Cashew Nuts Needed / Livestock Production: Fisheries, Poultry, Pig, Cattle, Sheep And Goats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.