Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Here Are 13 Powerful Ways To Overcome Self-doubt - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Here Are 13 Powerful Ways To Overcome Self-doubt (270 Views)

7 Ways To Help You Get Rid Of Self Doubt. / 7 Ways To Help You Get Rid Of Self Doubt. / Be Bold & Be The Controller Of Your Life:here Are 13 Ways To Overcome Self-doubt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Here Are 13 Powerful Ways To Overcome Self-doubt by Happisunday: 12:59pm On Jan 20, 2019
Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.”
William Shakespeare

Self-doubt can be a troubling and persuasive voice that holds you back.

It holds you back from seizing your opportunities.

It makes getting started or finishing things harder than they need to be.

Sure, it can sometimes be useful as it helps you to soberly see your current limitations or simply recognize a half-baked or bad idea. But mostly, it holds you back in life.

So how can you get around that, how can you overcome those times of self-doubt so that you can move forward once again?

Here are 13 tips and habits that have helped me to decrease that destructive inner voice.

1. Say stop.

First, when your inner doubts bubble up, be quick. Don’t let them spin out of control or grow from a whisper to a stream of discouraging sentences. Instead, talk back to that doubtful part of yourself.

In your mind, say or shout something like: No, no, no, we are not going down that road again.

By doing so you can disrupt the thought pattern and stop that inner self-doubter from taking over.

2. Look to the past and awash yourself in the memories.

Be real with yourself and ask yourself:

How many times when I doubted myself or feared something would happen did that negative thing come into reality after I still took action?

The answer for me – and probably for you too – is not very often at all.

Self-doubts are most often just monsters in your head that your mind may use to keep you from making changes and to keep you within the comfort zone.

If you look to the past and see how well things have gone many times despite those self-doubts then it become easier to let go of them or to ignore them and to focus on the more likely positive outcome and to take action....Continue Reading on https://www.happigist.com/motivation/be-bold-and-be-the-controller-of-yourself-here-are-13-powerful-ways-to-overcome-self-doubt/

(1) (Reply)

Frequently asked Job Interview Questions And How To Answer Them / 10 Steps To Setting And Achieving Goals At Work / Nigerian Navy Deploys Eight Vessels, Helicopters For Sea Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.