Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,601 members, 7,816,495 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

17 Things To Do,when You’ve Lost Your Motivation Chasing Your Dreams - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 17 Things To Do,when You’ve Lost Your Motivation Chasing Your Dreams (363 Views)

17 Things To Do,when You’ve Lost Your Motivation Chasing Your Dreams / How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? / Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

17 Things To Do,when You’ve Lost Your Motivation Chasing Your Dreams by happigist: 1:04pm On Jan 20, 2019
I was thinking one day and I realized that if I just had somebody behind me all the way to motivate me I could make a big difference. Nobody came along like that so I just became that person for myself.”
Unknown

Staying motivated until you reach your goals and dreams isn’t always easy.

There are often roadblocks, plateaus and valleys along the way where you can get into a slump. Or a rut.

And feel like you’ve simply lost your motivation somewhere along the way.

So today I would like to share 17 tips, strategies and habits that I have used to find that motivation again.

I hope you’ll find something helpful here.

1. Refocus on doing what YOU really, really like to do.

When you really like doing something then the motivation to do it comes automatically (most of the time). And when you really want something then it simply becomes easier to push through any inner resistance you feel.

So if you lose your motivation, ask yourself:

Am I doing what I really want to do?

If not and if possible, refocus and start working on that very important thing instead.

2. Make a list of upsides.

Write down all the benefits you will get from achieving something, like for example getting into better shape or making more money.

Save it and then pull that list out of the drawer whenever your motivation is lacking again and review it. Or put it somewhere where you will see it every day until you reach your dream.

This is a powerful way to reconnect with your motivation and reasons for taking action.

3. Make a list of downsides.

You can combine this with the list of upsides to give yourself even more motivation to start moving and get things done.

Ask yourself:

How will my life look in 5 years if I continue to stay on the same path as now?
How will life likely become worse for me and maybe even for the people around me?
Try to see the negative consequences as vividly as you can in your mind to kick-start your motivation to start going for that positive change again.

4. Spend 3 minutes on remembering your successes.

If you lose your motivation then it is easy to get stuck in looking at your failures and so you get stuck in that slump.

So instead, sit down for three minutes and just remember your successes. Let them wash over you and refuel your inspiration and motivation.

5. Go for a bigger goal.

Set a big goal that inspires you even if it may seem a tad unrealistic at the moment.

If you have too easily achievable goals then you may find that they don’t give you that motivational spark and drive. When you start to think a bit bigger then you get motivated and your mind starts looking for the solutions that will help you achieve that goal.

Thinking too small can leave you with a “meh…” feeling or make you feel like you can do it later.....continue reading on https://www.happigist.com/motivation/17-things-to-dowhen-youve-lost-your-motivation-chasing-your-dreams/
Re: 17 Things To Do,when You’ve Lost Your Motivation Chasing Your Dreams by deborahtokunboh: 1:08pm On Jan 20, 2019
WANT TO WORK IN THE UK or AMERICA? TRAINING PROVIDE (NO QUALIFICATIONS OR EXPERIENCE NEEDED)!!! WE NEED IT ENGINEERS!

UK and America are in serious shortage of IT Engineers and are hiring IT Engineers from abroad in record breaking amounts.

We are offering a 4 weeks online training program. This training will teach you all you need to know to be fully equipped on taking on a roll as an IT engineer. This online training also includes full interview training and mentorship.

All of this life changing training opportunity at a low rock bottom price.

For more information please email me on; deborah.toks@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Career Empowerment Seminar / What Is Fintech? - Career And Job Opportunities In Fintech / 'some People Are Ungrateful' Says, Cabman Who Got #500 Tip After Returning Bag..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.