Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,212 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:21 PM

The Challenges Of Being A Naturalista That No One Tells You About - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The Challenges Of Being A Naturalista That No One Tells You About (352 Views)

Crossdresser Challenges Market Men Who Harassed Him For Dressing Like A Lady / Ladies What Are The Challenges You Face When It Comes To Clothing? / The Challenges I Faced As A Fashion Designer In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Challenges Of Being A Naturalista That No One Tells You About by TwentiesGirl(f): 2:49pm On Jan 20, 2019
SAY GOODBYE TO LAST MINUTE PLANS

If you follow me on MY INSTAGRAM (and you should, I post great content) you know I’m always wearing my signature afropuff. What you don’t know is that half the time my hair is either in twists or in perm rods and tucked under a satin scarf. So any plans to go out always have to be prepared for in advance. It’s kind of difficult to go for spontaneous drinks with a satin bonnet on your head.

BAD HAIR DAYS ARE THE WORST KIND OF DAYS

Sometimes you do a perm rod set and when you take it out it looks great, curls banging, hair stretched out, life is good. Other times, you can do every single thing right and your perm rod set will come out flat and the curls will barely be there. It’s just how these things go.

OUT OF PRODUCT? MORE PROBLEMS

Nothing is more annoying than running out of hair products in the middle of doing your hair and it’ll happen more often than you think. Especially since we have to use so much product to maintain moisture and curls.

SHRINKAGE IS A COLD HEARTED B****

This is something all naturals have to deal with every single time moisture is introduced. Every. Single. Time. But you’re just going to have to deal with the fact that as long as other people are concerned, you hair is short when in reality it could be longer than a 14 inch weave.

https://lhurvedavies.home.blog/2019/01/17/the-challenges-of-being-a-naturalista-that-no-one-tells-you-about/

(1) (Reply)

Hublot Lovers. / 5 Tips To Help You Buy A Designer Watch / The Speed Of Replicas Is Getting Faster And Faster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.