Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,721 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:57 AM

Opinion: Nigeria's Founding Fathers Started The Trouble Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Nigeria's Founding Fathers Started The Trouble Of Nigeria (270 Views)

Go And Register Your Own Party, NNPP Founding Fathers Tell Kwankwaso As Crisis D / Opinion: Nigeria’s Young Voters Aren’t Done Yet By Rinu Oduala(CNN) / Abba Kyari, The Police Chief Who Started The #EndSARS Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: Nigeria's Founding Fathers Started The Trouble Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 20, 2019
I was with a 77year old friend of mine from Dalemo Kwara State and I asked him, "what caused the Nigeria Civil war?" and he said Northerners but Ojukwu was hasty to have started the war, just after Aburi Accord.

I was born just few years after the Nigeria Civil war and I was told several accounts of what caused it.

Most of the youth of this country just hate people of other tribes, especially Igbos, without seeking for answers themselves other than hear-say.

History about the said war, unlike that of say US Civil War, is not taught in schools till date. We believe what anyone tells us based on his or her biased view of the war.

I did a little research and I came across this video, where the late Ahmadu Bello said some disturbing words against Igbos, after which he was assassinated by mostly Igbo Coup Plotters and the resulting counter-coup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihrJB7Lmx9I

I concluded that the founding fathers of Nigeria were part of the problems of by diving us along religious and ethnic lines.

Even here on Nairaland, ethnic and religious bashings are the order of the day. I asked a Nairalander who confessed to me to hate Igbos and I asked him "why" and "what caused the Civil War?" and he couldn't answer.

Until we know where we are coming from, we cannot know where we are going to.

I used to say that if Nigeria had not fought the Civil War, maybe we would have lived in peace, maybe we would not have Niger Delta Militants, maybe we won't have IPOB(an offshoot of the Biafra struggle) and so on.

We need to renegotiate our existence as a nation and do away with those things that divide us.
Until then, we will have these crop of supremacist northern politicians and others who just want to plunder our common wealth. Implementing the resolutions of the National Conference, which regrettably was not implemented by Goodluck Jonathan is a good start.

May God bless Detribalised Nigerians
May God bless Religious Tolerant Nigerians
May God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Nigeria's Founding Fathers Started The Trouble Of Nigeria by KanwuliaExtra: 4:43pm On Jan 20, 2019
OBJ, the failed, founding father of democracy in Nigeria and his “Basket Mouth” don start to leak again oooooooo. . . cheesy

OBJ paved the way for APC and Buhari.
He is now a CHIEF-WAILER. grin
Useless ijjiot that drove PDP into a political ditch.
May he wait till his dying days! Amen. kiss

Was OBJ not THE CABAL OF PDP?

(1) (Reply)

Imo Guber: I’m Not Contesting To Advance Okorocha Political Dynasty – Nwosu / FG To Increase VAT – Finance Minister / Buhari Swears In New Chief Justice Of Nigeria, justice Ibrahim tanko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.