Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,553 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Why Nigerians Must Be Worried About Atiku's Visit To The Us – By Michael Frankli - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerians Must Be Worried About Atiku's Visit To The Us – By Michael Frankli (778 Views)

South-East Governors Shut Down Markets, Rice Mill Over Atiku’s Visit / Atiku's Visit To US Congress: Keyamo Should Hide His Head In Shame - Reno Omokri / See The Difference Between Atiku Visit To Ilorin Vs Osinbajo (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians Must Be Worried About Atiku's Visit To The Us – By Michael Frankli by Idokojimmy: 7:31pm On Jan 20, 2019
WHY NIGERIANS MUST BE WORRIED ABOUT ATIKU'S VISIT TO THE US – By Michael Franklin

Yesterday, the Presidential candidate of the PDP, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar visited the United States, over a decade after he was blacklisted, watchlisted and barred from visiting the country due to alleged involvement in corruption. The ruling APC had used his inability to visit the US for campaign, with the intention of magnifying the moral burden that he bears.

However, in a swift suspicious manner, senior US officials made a u-turn, issued Atiku visa and arranged a meeting with the "Blacklisted corrupt politician”. Lodged him in a prestigious hotel owned by the President of the US. In the US, Atiku has already met with Chris Smith, the Speaker of congress.

Note that this visit is coming shortly after Smith held a public hearing on Nigeria's elections, where he lambasted Buhari over some purported challenges facing the country. The visit also comes after some International media platforms, foreign NGOs, Etc reeled out statistics in a bid to project the administration negatively.

Why is the US interested in Nigeria elections? Why are they attempting what they accused Russia of doing. By issuing visa to Atiku, four weeks to the elections, the US have attempted to take away his moral burden, purge him of his corruption allegations and make him marketable. They have tacitly endorsed him and may deploy machinery to assist him win the poll. They are all out to subvert the will of the Nigerian electorates.

Are the US interested in the sale of NNPC? Because Atiku promised to sell NNPC and the next day he's in the US. He promised to make his friends rich and business groups in the US are scampering to meet with him.
Only Nigerians can elect their leaders. Nigeria is a sovereign state and must not subjugate her independence.

INEC must resist pressure from foreign government to influence the outcome of the Presidential poll. I know Prof. Yakubu had severally met US officials in Washington, our hope is that the meeting was not for sinister purposes. Votes must count. Nigerians should be allowed to elect their leaders. Any form of foreign interference must be resisted by all well meaning Nigerians.

Michael Franklin; a retired diplomat wrote this piece from Maitama , Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Must Be Worried About Atiku's Visit To The Us – By Michael Frankli by kings09(m): 7:33pm On Jan 20, 2019
APC write up.
He has visited d US..u r nw lamenting abt anoda thing

Na only Atiku de dis race?
Re: Why Nigerians Must Be Worried About Atiku's Visit To The Us – By Michael Frankli by v4victor: 7:34pm On Jan 20, 2019
Lol.. Funny propaganda

Btw, I have a used HP 250 laptop for sale. 500GB hard disk with a long lasting battery at an affordable price. Interested buyers within and around Port Harcourt should holla me on 08101572063
Re: Why Nigerians Must Be Worried About Atiku's Visit To The Us – By Michael Frankli by ebujany(m): 7:35pm On Jan 20, 2019
Oyibo
Re: Why Nigerians Must Be Worried About Atiku's Visit To The Us – By Michael Frankli by Printerscanner: 7:37pm On Jan 20, 2019
America whose election was rigged by Russia is trying to teach us how to conduct election. Pot calling kettle black. It's their national policy to influence other countries election. Let's see if Buhari will let them rig for Atikuloot. It is good that Buhari has refused to allow electronic transmission of election results, so America or PDP cannot intercept and change results from polling units during electronic transmission. As they are taking evil steps, Buhari is demystifying them and making them impotent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Must Be Worried About Atiku's Visit To The Us – By Michael Frankli by Stocking: 7:37pm On Jan 20, 2019
kings09:
APC write up.
He has visited d US..u r nw lamenting abt anoda thing

Na only Atiku de dis race?
Sharrap ! Wailing zombie .
Atiku wants to sell your unborn great grand children’s future and you’re supporting him.
Shame on you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Must Be Worried About Atiku's Visit To The Us – By Michael Frankli by deboysben(m): 7:39pm On Jan 20, 2019
The pain of atiku going to America is still strong in their vain
They did not expected it

It caught them unawares
Re: Why Nigerians Must Be Worried About Atiku's Visit To The Us – By Michael Frankli by SaiAtikuTill203: 7:39pm On Jan 20, 2019
Buhari promised to stop all government officials from seeking medical attention abroad
But what happened?
and he's the highest beneficiary of foreign medical treatment . What of the subsidy he removed and said he'd use its proceeds to construct roads, revive our refineries thereby stop importation of petrol, create jobs, now,bla,bla. We Nigerians gullibly followed his lies painstakingly and what happened next? No refineries were fixed, no roads were created and the few constructed were funded with foreign loans, no jobs...as I speak, he's still paying subsidy to the tune of hundreds of billions as petrol is still being imported. He said in Lagos town hall meeting in 2015 that he won't seek re-election...The rest is history .. Buhari has scammed us. The best way of knowing a man of integrity is through the words that proceed from his mouth. He lacks one. Those supporting him are simply as myopic and as blind as him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Must Be Worried About Atiku's Visit To The Us – By Michael Frankli by SaiAtikuTill203: 7:40pm On Jan 20, 2019
BUHARI Has Dementia And It Is Not Getting Better. - Aisha Mohammed, Bompai Kano.
“My dad had dementia until he passed on 2 years ago. So did my uncle who passed on in 2009. I know what the disease can do, I know the variants my father's own was PSP (the terrible one that messes up your muscles) my uncle's own was Alzheimer.
I know the early signs. I have been to moon and back looking for cure. Immediately we saw Buhari in the NTA presidential programme, my wife and I turned and gave each other a concerned look.
We have seen the signs before. The disconnected look, the sudden prolonged silence mid sentence, the tangential answer to a straight forward question.
We watched the Warri APC rally the next day, and our fears were confirmed, we observed the unusual hurry by the the organisers to draw the rally to an end while it was just midday. Akpabio, Amaechi, Uduaghan were only allowed to speak for a minute. Buhari sat with the same disconnected look. He was closely guided as he marched to the stage as if they had a concern with his balance.
Once on stage, he was handed a paper listing the protocol. My wife said let's see if he will call anybody by name, that will be the litmus test. He didn't. Even when he acknowledged the APC Gubernatorial candidate, he pointed to the far left while the man was standing next to him on his right.
The climax was when he finally handed the flag to Ogboru and called him the presidential candidate.
Re: Why Nigerians Must Be Worried About Atiku's Visit To The Us – By Michael Frankli by kings09(m): 7:40pm On Jan 20, 2019
Stocking:

Sharrap ! Wailing zombie .
Atiku wants to sell your unborn great grand children’s future and you’re supporting him.
Shame on you
Typical of an Apc supporter....known for insults n violence.

Is it ur dementia suffering buhari dats better?
Re: Why Nigerians Must Be Worried About Atiku's Visit To The Us – By Michael Frankli by sholatech(m): 7:41pm On Jan 20, 2019
Biased write up!
Buhari also was once blacklisted. During the 2015 elections, they also got Us visa for him & the apc team that included Tinubu, Amaechi, Osho baba all went to usa with Pmb & used it to campaign against GEJ. They forgot Atiku & Saraki where part of their strategy meetings in 2015?
Re: Why Nigerians Must Be Worried About Atiku's Visit To The Us – By Michael Frankli by rusher14: 7:42pm On Jan 20, 2019
SaiAtikuTill203:
BUHARI Has Dementia And It Is Not Getting Better. - Aisha Mohammed, Bompai Kano.
“My dad had dementia until he passed on 2 years ago. So did my uncle who passed on in 2009. I know what the disease can do, I know the variants my father's own was PSP (the terrible one that messes up your muscles) my uncle's own was Alzheimer.
I know the early signs. I have been to moon and back looking for cure. Immediately we saw Buhari in the NTA presidential programme, my wife and I turned and gave each other a concerned look.
We have seen the signs before. The disconnected look, the sudden prolonged silence mid sentence, the tangential answer to a straight forward question.
We watched the Warri APC rally the next day, and our fears were confirmed, we observed the unusual hurry by the the organisers to draw the rally to an end while it was just midday. Akpabio, Amaechi, Uduaghan were only allowed to speak for a minute. Buhari sat with the same disconnected look. He was closely guided as he marched to the stage as if they had a concern with his balance.
Once on stage, he was handed a paper listing the protocol. My wife said let's see if he will call anybody by name, that will be the litmus test. He didn't. Even when he acknowledged the APC Gubernatorial candidate, he pointed to the far left while the man was standing next to him on his right.
The climax was when he finally handed the flag to Ogboru and called him the presidential candidate.

I'm sure you meant Jubril.
Re: Why Nigerians Must Be Worried About Atiku's Visit To The Us – By Michael Frankli by Oshin56(m): 7:44pm On Jan 20, 2019
Whether we like it or not external body are the one controlling us directly or indirectly and they are going to support any government that's ready to dance to there tone
Re: Why Nigerians Must Be Worried About Atiku's Visit To The Us – By Michael Frankli by Stocking: 7:54pm On Jan 20, 2019
kings09:

Typical of an Apc supporter....known for insults n violence.

Is it ur dementia suffering buhari dats better?
At least you’re not disputing the fact that Atiku is a thief
Re: Why Nigerians Must Be Worried About Atiku's Visit To The Us – By Michael Frankli by Idecievedyou(m): 8:02pm On Jan 20, 2019
''Nigerians should be allowed to elect their leaders. Any form of foreign interference must be resisted by all well meaning Nigerians''....foolish talk.......we said we want Atiku America said it is OK....what's the problem... so will you be happy if America start supporting a Sudanese ?? I don't just understand this bad belle
Re: Why Nigerians Must Be Worried About Atiku's Visit To The Us – By Michael Frankli by kings09(m): 8:28pm On Jan 20, 2019
Stocking:

At least you’re not disputing the fact that Atiku is a thief
I never disputed dat. Ur buhari is d chief thief infact. Buhari n all the politicians of his generation are all thieves n useless.

But stop facing Atiku solely. Face other candidates too
Re: Why Nigerians Must Be Worried About Atiku's Visit To The Us – By Michael Frankli by Idokojimmy: 8:32pm On Jan 20, 2019
Should the US interfer in our elections?

Should they dictate how the exercise is correct conducted?
Re: Why Nigerians Must Be Worried About Atiku's Visit To The Us – By Michael Frankli by Amumaigwe: 8:42pm On Jan 20, 2019
Idokojimmy:
WHY NIGERIANS MUST BE WORRIED ABOUT ATIKU'S VISIT TO THE US – By Michael Franklin

Yesterday, the Presidential candidate of the PDP, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar visited the United States, over a decade after he was blacklisted, watchlisted and barred from visiting the country due to alleged involvement in corruption. The ruling APC had used his inability to visit the US for campaign, with the intention of magnifying the moral burden that he bears.

However, in a swift suspicious manner, senior US officials made a u-turn, issued Atiku visa and arranged a meeting with the "Blacklisted corrupt politician”. Lodged him in a prestigious hotel owned by the President of the US. In the US, Atiku has already met with Chris Smith, the Speaker of congress.

Note that this visit is coming shortly after Smith held a public hearing on Nigeria's elections, where he lambasted Buhari over some purported challenges facing the country. The visit also comes after some International media platforms, foreign NGOs, Etc reeled out statistics in a bid to project the administration negatively.

Why is the US interested in Nigeria elections? Why are they attempting what they accused Russia of doing. By issuing visa to Atiku, four weeks to the elections, the US have attempted to take away his moral burden, purge him of his corruption allegations and make him marketable. They have tacitly endorsed him and may deploy machinery to assist him win the poll. They are all out to subvert the will of the Nigerian electorates.

Are the US interested in the sale of NNPC? Because Atiku promised to sell NNPC and the next day he's in the US. He promised to make his friends rich and business groups in the US are scampering to meet with him.
Only Nigerians can elect their leaders. Nigeria is a sovereign state and must not subjugate her independence.

INEC must resist pressure from foreign government to influence the outcome of the Presidential poll. I know Prof. Yakubu had severally met US officials in Washington, our hope is that the meeting was not for sinister purposes. Votes must count. Nigerians should be allowed to elect their leaders. Any form of foreign interference must be resisted by all well meaning Nigerians.

Michael Franklin; a retired diplomat wrote this piece from Maitama , Abuja.

Nothing to worry about. He just sneaked in and out of America according to Festus Otobo.
Re: Why Nigerians Must Be Worried About Atiku's Visit To The Us – By Michael Frankli by Idokojimmy: 12:35pm On Jan 21, 2019
deboysben:
The pain of atiku going to America is still strong in their vain
They did not expected it

It caught them unawares

the point is: avoiding foreign interference in our electoral exercise.

the votes should count

(1) (Reply)

Arrival / Commissioning Of Akwa Ibom San Carlos Greenhouse Farms By Atiku / The Official Pre Voting Poll Between The PDP And The APC / Cross River Youth Wash The Streets After The Visit Of President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.