Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging (17002 Views)

Election Rigging In Kano Busted! Returning Officer Exposes Irregularities, Fraud / Pictures Of Saraki Shaking Idris Ibrahim, Ex IGP Today / Idris Ibrahim Retirement As IGP: Nigeria Police Force Releases Press Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by Limitednow: 8:02pm On Jan 20, 2019
Olusegun Obasanjo, Former President, has attacked Ibrahim Idris, the immediate retired Inspector General of Police.

Mr Obasanjo launching the attack said Mr Idris is known to rig election. The former president, however, thanked President Muhammadu Buhari for not extending the tenure of the former police boss.

Mr Idris did not leave the force without going controversial. His face off with the legislative arm of government and some opposition politicians is one that won’t be easily forgotten.

He is also known to have flouted presidential orders handed down to him by the president without being sanctioned.

The president was rumored planning to extend the tenure of the former officer, But he proved his accusers wrong by appointing Mohammed Adamu as the current Inspector General of Police.

This has earned Buhari praise from Obasanjo who alleged the president was planning to rig the upcoming general election.

“I personally commend the President for yielding to popular outcry to let the former Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Kpotun Idris, go when he is due as he had the track record and history of being assigned to rig elections for the incumbent,” he said during his state of the nation address on Sunday.

“It was alleged that he was sent to Kano for that purpose in 2015. He was already deploying his Commissioners of Police on similar mission before his exit.

“He was already deploying his Commissioners of Police on similar mission before his exit. We must all encourage the new Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, to tread the path of professionalism, even-handedness, respect and new image for the Police.

“While Nigeria must appreciate Buhari for the little he has done and allow him to depart for home in peace if he allows free, fair, peaceful and credible elections, we must also tell ourselves that Nigeria deserves better at this point in time than what Buhari is capable of offering. History will note that he has been there. Nigeria now needs a man with better physical and mental soundness, with an active mind and intellect.

“Let me say again that Nigeria belongs to all Nigerians and exists for the benefit of all Nigerians and non-Nigerians who desire to live or do business in and with Nigeria. The attitude of “it is my turn and I can do what I like” with impunity will not last because Nigeria is created by God and it will outlive all evil machinations and designs against the overall interest of Nigeria,” Obasanjo said.

Mr Idris is yet to respond to the allegation levelled against him.

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/obasanjo-attacks-ex-igp-idris-known-election-rigging/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by Yambee: 8:05pm On Jan 20, 2019
Buhari, Obasanjo,Mr Idris,Atiku and Goodluck Jonathan are all mad.

Nigeria is where it is today because of them.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by mcmurphy132(m): 8:06pm On Jan 20, 2019
Baba obj Abeg go relax Na only you be elder state man... ur time Has come and go... next level abeg

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by deantimes(m): 8:12pm On Jan 20, 2019
lalasticlala
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by onubijoe(m): 8:13pm On Jan 20, 2019
God will judge them in a hurry for their injustices

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 20, 2019
I've never seen any religious and ethnic bigot like buhari in my life. A Muslim northern IG is leaving and the incoming one is also a Muslim from the north. What happened to other regions, Christian or Muslim? Does it mean only northern muslim candidates are the best? Adeosun Kemi bowed out as a result of nysc certificate scam and the next person ought to have been from the south west, our region ( either Muslim or Christian) because Kemi had not completed her tenure....and the next buhari could do was appoint a Muslim lady from the north. My fellow Yorubas supporting this bigot are myopic and crazy. Something is really wrong with my people .

109 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by bedspread: 8:26pm On Jan 20, 2019
A Pmb Presidency is a Guranteed to Divide the Country

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 20, 2019
grin.... And OBJ known for Swallowing Power Money grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by fastseo: 11:16pm On Jan 20, 2019
grin that man need to answer a lot of questions as regards to 2015 elections in kano
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by Yankee101: 11:16pm On Jan 20, 2019
Thank God Idris is gone

He'll feel so used and dumped

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by deboysben(m): 11:17pm On Jan 20, 2019
Idris kpotum is the worst IGP Nigeria have ever produced

Mr transmission transmitter

Compromised, corrupt, divisive etc thank God he's gone

Nigeria shall be great again

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by orion7: 11:17pm On Jan 20, 2019
he won't be missed

idiot igp

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by Damsyjay(m): 11:21pm On Jan 20, 2019
this baba is high on something abeg

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by MrThisandthat(m): 11:23pm On Jan 20, 2019
He is to Buhari what Maurice Iwu was to you...

Father of rigging in Nigeria is Obj...

Its even visible to the blind that Obja is an election rigging master!

Evil Man

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by ithink7: 11:23pm On Jan 20, 2019
buhari must go

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by PastorUwagba(m): 11:24pm On Jan 20, 2019
Everybody forget about politics and focus on your spiritual lives with God.
Anyone that choose to serve God faithfully this year will be empowered for dominion.
No sickness,no lack, no failure will be found in your lives .

For prayers/councelling
Feel free to contact me on whatsapp 09075126209

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by boxypane(m): 11:30pm On Jan 20, 2019
We have removed, what else do they want? Saraki as IGP?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by ayzTIGER: 11:31pm On Jan 20, 2019
awelekiti:
I've never seen any religious and ethnic bigot like buhari in my life. A Muslim northern IG is leaving and the incoming one is also a Muslim from the north. What happened to other regions, Christian or Muslim? Does it mean only northern muslim candidates are the best? Adeosun Kemi bowed out as a result of nysc certificate scam and the next person ought to have been from the our region ( either Muslim or Christian) because Kemi had not completed her tenure....and the next buhari could do was appoint a Muslim lady from the north. My fellow Yorubas supporting this bigot are myopic and crazy. Something is really wrong with my people .
The majority of the people that support APC are Muslims and the people that think their support for an ethnic bigot like PMB will get them 2023 presidency

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jan 20, 2019
ayzTIGER:
The majority of the that support APC are Muslims and the people that thinks that their support for an ethnic bigot like PMB will get them 2023 presidency
You think so? Ive seen many gullible Christians too who are following buhari oo.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by Slynation(m): 11:33pm On Jan 20, 2019
FuukaFuuka:
grin.... And OBJ known for Swallowing Power Money grin grin grin
I remember that comment vividly.. grin
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by nelronaldo(m): 11:36pm On Jan 20, 2019
True
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by ayzTIGER: 11:38pm On Jan 20, 2019
awelekiti:
You think so? Ive seen many gullible Christians too who are following buhari oo.
Yes they fall in the region of that same people supporting for 2023 presidency.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by DLifeless1: 11:39pm On Jan 20, 2019
Already most northerners are brainwashed..
Now read this:
WHO IS A BETTER AMBASSADOR OF ISLAM, BUHARI OR ATIKU? - osagie lucky John

It has come to my notice that some Muslims seek to vote Buhari simply because they have been erroneously made to believe that Buhari is a better Muslim than Atiku.
Am compelled to write today so to correct such perceived wrong notion leading many Muslims astray as 2019 elections is fast approaching.
It is quite unfortunate that some supposed educated Muslim youths have been brainwashed into believing that they should vote only people of their religion not minding the good of the nation and worse still many more are wrongly encouraged to vote for a dangerous extremist over a responsible moderate Muslim.
Haven investigated and properly researched, I will like to make some of my findings known to the public.
I'd like to examine this topic from different perspectives so as to have proper knowledge of the two contestant in relation to the spread and love for their religion and their people.

1. The very first consideration we make today is that Atiku Abubukar has built over 100 mosques to enhance the Islamic faith but Buhari has not built even a single mosque despite all the public positions he has held in his life, Buhari declared about 30million naira in his bank account as at 2015, yet he can't point a single small mosque he has built in any part of Nigeria even with his wealth. One will expect that a true lover of Islam will be reflected in his or her generosity to the building of worship places for his faith. On this issue Atiku Abubukar is a far better ambassador of Islam.

2. It's also on record that while Atiku Abubukar has built more schools in the north for the education of the teeming northern youths but Buhari contributions to the growth of education in the north both in public and private capacity is abysmal . If you are a better Muslim you will derive joy in the proper education of Muslim youths so as to help these people create a better and more prosperous future for themselves. Except they are telling me that in Islam western education is a sin just like Boko Haram is wrongly preaching. Buhari was able to train his own kids in a foreign university but back here in Nigeria he can't show anyone a single block of classroom with his name and personal resources attached not even in Daura his hometown. On this point Atiku is also better ambassador of islam as some poor youths are currently on scholarship in his American university of Nigeria (AUN) located in Adamawa state.

3. It's also on record that on daily basis Atiku Abubukar feeds thousands of Internally displaced person's in the northeastern part of Nigeria even as a private individual and there is no record of Buhari contributing anything especially as private individual to alleviate the plight of many IDps in the north. This for me show that Atiku is a better and more caring man with great human sympathy than Buhari can ever be.

4. It is also on record that Atiku Abubukar has contributed immensely to the building of schools for Islamic activities, he has sponsored Islamic symposiums as a good Muslims should do, but the best contributions of Buhari are statements which bring about hatred and fuel mutual distrust between Muslims and other religions in Nigeria. Example in 2013 Buhari said "an attack on Boko Haram is an attack on the north". What a shameful statement from a supposed elder statesman at that time, little wonder Boko Haram has killed more Nigeria soldiers under him than ever before.

5. Creation of jobs for the youth. It's on record that Atiku as a successful business man has employed thousands of Muslim youths and kept them out of poverty. it's true that an idle mind is the devil workshop, so any man who can gainfully employ thousands of Muslim youths is far better than a man who pretends to love the religion more but hardly spends his personal resources to develop his people's lives.

6. On the relationship with non Muslim. Though both have performed all pillars of Islam but Atiku and Buhari in relation to people of other religions is quite contrasting and miles apart from each other. One will notice that Atiku have better relationship with none Muslims than Buhari, that's why Atiku is more successful and more trustworthy by most people to lead a diverse country like Nigeria than Buhari whose friends are mainly fellow tribesmen from same religion. Little wonder Buhari government is most nepotic and religiously biased in Nigeria history.

7. Respect for other religions in Nigeria. In 2001 Buhari Revealed his great disrespect for other religions and extremism when he made this statement "l will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria ". This statement or vow proved that he is not matured enough to lead a mixed society like Nigeria. This statement destroys the peace of a mixed society like ours. Haven analyzed these few points, you will notice that Buhari is a better extremist while Atiku is a better and more matured Muslim than Buhari can ever be. I will rather be a Christian who spreads his faith like Atiku Abubukar than Buhari does.

I will like to conclude with this, if someone like Buhari invites me to join him in a mosque for jumat service i will never attend even if am given a million dollars but if a Muslim like Atiku Abubukar invites me to join him for jumat service in a mosque, I will attend alongside my friends and family joyfully using my own money and giving financial donations as well.
I will like the Islamic world to note that Atiku Abubukar will bring more converts and admirers to Islam in a year than Buhari will ever bring in 100 years of peace.

Now an average Muslim is totally blind to these and it ain't their fault cos that is how they were bred to think, they don't have that capacity to be liberal in reasoning and objectivity in deciphering facts. They swallow all Hook line and sinker, without deliberating how true it is as far as it is garnished with Islam. I feel everything should be moderate even religion, moderation doesn't make you an unbeliver but it helps you use the brain God gave to you.

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by martineverest(m): 11:39pm On Jan 20, 2019
the greatest mistake in Nigeria history was making Obasanjo the first democratic president..

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by BabaO2: 11:39pm On Jan 20, 2019
Obasnjo is a fool, if it is easier for Buhari/APC to rig election through the ex IGP, why do they have to retire the man? Even though the man is 60 and has put in 35yeard in service, the president has the power to extend his tenure just as same Obasanjo did for Sunday Ehindero his kinsman.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 20, 2019
Naija Mata don tire person

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by gulfer: 11:44pm On Jan 20, 2019
mcmurphy132:
Baba obj Abeg go relax Na only you be elder state man... ur time Has come and go... next level abeg
The fear of Buharis plan to not renew individuals' oil licenses is really giving OBJ nightmares ;gringringringrin

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by Naajjii: 11:56pm On Jan 20, 2019
awelekiti:
I've never seen any religious and ethnic bigot like buhari in my life. A Muslim northern IG is leaving and the incoming one is also a Muslim from the north. What happened to other regions, Christian or Muslim? Does it mean only northern muslim candidates are the best? Adeosun Kemi bowed out as a result of nysc certificate scam and the next person ought to have been from the our region ( either Muslim or Christian) because Kemi had not completed her tenure....and the next buhari could do was appoint a Muslim lady from the north. My fellow Yorubas supporting this bigot are myopic and crazy. Something is really wrong with my people .
Yes you are right but we still prefer him to Atiku (The National Assets Seller ).

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by jrusky(m): 11:57pm On Jan 20, 2019
Sorry I don't belief any of these talk any longer. Are apc now telling us every hour since morning Obj has be speaking or what? Because we have be reading obj said this obj says that since morning with different caption and statement haba these is a pure nonsense.

So obj has be talking non stop since morning sorry pls obj I know is not a parrot like people think I guess apc or bloggers just want to make money or a political cheap point by posting thrash.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Idris Ibrahim, Says Ex-IGP Known For Election Rigging by Burgerlomo: 11:58pm On Jan 20, 2019
Yankee101:
Thank God Idris is gone

He'll feel so used and dumped

He's back in the studio to do transmission transmitters remix in collab with Dino the ajekun iya crooner cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Battle Unprecedented Hardship As Buhari Nears 7 Years In Office / Just In: No Candidates For APC In Zamfara, INEC Insists / Nonye Soludo Donates Food, Medical Supplies To IDP Camp In Umueri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.