Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,483 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm (27496 Views)

'Revolution Now' Protest By Sowore: Live Updates On August 5th Protest / 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) / Can Atiku Abubakar Defeat Muhammadu Buhari In 2019? By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by nograv: 2:21pm On Jan 21, 2019
naptu2:

Nice try. Affirmati Non Neganti Incumbit Probatio. He who asserts must prove.

You are the ones who have stated that there is some grand conspiracy against Sowore, therefore you must provide proof of the conspiracy.

You are the ones who stated that John Momoh has beef with him, therefore you must provide proof of that beef. It doesn't work the other way round.

https://www.channelstv.com/bon-nedg-2019-presidential-debate/

I guess not, as I expected...

A true online poll shows the numbers and result even when it is closed.

I guess we are at an impasse.

What we do know is that channels tv made some unverifiable claims about public demand for certain candidates.

Whereas Sowore feels he was excluded, so much so that he went to court..

Given the dirty campaigns run by previous politicians including the current administration I know who I believe..

Ahh Nigeria..

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by naptu2: 2:26pm On Jan 21, 2019
grin and he still has no proof. Only wild claims.

Shouldn't have wasted my time.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by nograv: 2:31pm On Jan 21, 2019
naptu2:
grin and he still has no proof. Only wild claims.

Shouldn't have wasted my time.

I added some additional info to my comment, so I am not sure why you are so happy..??

Take a deep breath before you read it, as you may get angry again..
Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by ajl: 2:35pm On Jan 21, 2019
CaptainGOOD:

In Nigeria u should not let ur destiny be in hands of ur oppressors in the first place.
Mine is not I'm their hands.

Sowore should learn how to talk.
There are better ways to do critics.
If u watched the debate u would see that other other candidates criticized the government in an educated way.
Sowore was doing his like a tout.
It's more of insulting ether than criticising

You only give respect to those who earn it. Nigerian political class does not deserve any. Call them what they are. People get lynched for stealing N1000 in the streets, why not those looting billions. The least they are getting is disrespect. Maybe we need to start stoning them. For example in Ukraine, corrupt politicians are picked and hurled into garbage bins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8q-Zx8gIbg

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by naptu2: 2:40pm On Jan 21, 2019
nograv:

I added some additional info to my comment, so I am not sure why you are so happy..??

Take a deep breath before you read it, as you may get angry again..

Why would I get angry over an online discussion? I'm not a kid. I just don't want to waste my time.

Listen, I've got nothing against Sowore. In fact, I wrote on the debate thread that I wish that he and Olawepo Hashim had been invited (especially as Buhari and Atiku didn't show up).

naptu2:
I think they should have given the vacant slots to Sowore and Olawepo-Hashim

However, too many Nigerians have this habit of getting emotional and spinning incredible conspiracy theories when things don't go their way and they don't have a single shred of evidence to back up their cliams.

Do you think that Sowore would have been able to appear on Good Morning Nigeria on the NTA if there was some grand conspiracy against him? Do you think he would have been able to appear on The Candidates on the NTA if there was some grand conspiracy against him?

What about other candidates that don't even have the opportunity to appear on The Candidates, Good Morning Nigeria or the debate? I guess there are super grand conspiracies against them?

Man, this is just a waste of time! You are obviously a Sowore fanboy and you won't listen to anyone else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by PromixTuhh(m): 2:43pm On Jan 21, 2019
CaptainGOOD:

He ain't going nowhere, it will an insult if Sowore wins.
He needs to go contest and win his ward chairman first of all

You deserve the leaders you get.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by SaiAtikuTill203: 2:43pm On Jan 21, 2019
In 2015, the then President, GEJ attended the debate while Buhari dodged it. The APC goons joyfully watched the debate just to find faults with GEJ which they gladly used to campaign against him. I think Atiku is always a step ahead of APC strategems! Also, by going to the venue and not participating, he has successfully drawn the attention of the whole world to put pressure on Buhari to attend a debate!

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by CaptainGOOD: 2:49pm On Jan 21, 2019
PromixTuhh:

You deserve the leaders you get.

Yes not buhari because I don't vote him.
I voted Jonathan and he was the best leader Nigerians ever had yaradua was next.

U deserve buhari, because u voted him.
And u won't deny it.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by nograv: 2:55pm On Jan 21, 2019
naptu2:

Why would I get angry over an online discussion? I'm not a kid. I just don't want to waste my time.

Listen, I've got nothing against Sowore. In fact, I wrote on the debate thread that I wish that he and Olawepo Hashim had been invited (especially as Buhari and Atiku didn't show up).

However, too many Nigerians have this habit of getting emotional and spinning incredible conspiracy theories when things don't go their way and they don't have a single shred of evidence to back up their cliams.

Do you think that Sowore would have been able to appear on Good Morning Nigeria on the NTA if there was some grand conspiracy against him? Do you think he would have been able to appear on The Candidates on the NTA if there was some grand conspiracy against him?

What about other candidates that don't even have the opportunity to appear on The Candidates, Good Morning Nigeria or the debate? I guess there are super grand conspiracies against them?

Man, this is just a waste of time! You are obviously a Sowore fanboy and you won't listen to anyone else.

Actually I am not a Sowore fanboy. In truth he is untested, but he the best of a bad choice of leaders..

I have the good fortune of being able to live abroad if I want, but most Nigerians dont. If Nigeria is to change we do need leaders not linked to the old guard.

What set me against Buhari is the fact that he was a former despot. Also he has shown little ability as president and shown to have severe ethnic bias towards his fellow Northerners.

With Atiku, I knew I didnt like him when walking around the national museum in Lagos I saw a photo of him alongside Buhari, Murtala and Obasanjo. I never knew he was part of the same cabal that failed this nation..

He maybe untested, but he more likely to be more the same than offer anything new. Given his inability to condemn the Fulani herdsmen he seems to be of the same mould as Buhari.. Also given the accusations of corruption that have always followed him, why would anyone think he is good candidate?

In the US Republican primaries up to 10 candidates debated at one time. So this excuse about only being able to have a limited number of candidates is nonsense..

Dont excuse Nigerian nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by naptu2: 3:01pm On Jan 21, 2019
nograv:

Actually I am not a Sowore fanboy. In truth he is untested, but he the best of a bad choice of leaders..

I have the good fortune of being able to live abroad if I want, but most Nigerians dont. If Nigeria is to change we do need leaders not linked to the old guard.

What set me against Buhari is the fact that he was a former despot. Also he has shown little ability as president and shown to have severe ethnic bias towards his fellow Northerners.

With Atiku, I knew I didnt like him when walking around the national museum in Lagos I saw a photo of him alongside Buhari, Murtala and Obasanjo. I never knew he was part of the same cabal that failed this nation..

He maybe untested, but he more likely to be more the same than offer anything new. Given his inability to condemn the Fulani herdsmen he seems to be of the same mould as Buhari.. Also given the accusations of corruption that have always followed him, why would anyone think he is good candidate?

In the US Republican primaries up to 10 candidates debated at one time. So this excuse about only being able to have a limited number of candidates is nonsense..

Dont excuse Nigerian nonsense.

I was going to ignore your post because you didn't address anything in my post, but I need to address the part in bold.

I have been watching US presidential debates keenly since 1988. I wasn't interested before 1988, but I became interested because of Dukakis vs Jackson.

Every year there are many presidential candidates, but only the candidates of the Republican and Democratic party take part in the main presidential debate. I did a post about it last year and I listed all the candidates since 88. I'll modify this post later and add that post to it.

There are usually around 10 candidates, but only 2 are involved in the debate. The only exception that I remember was in 1992 and that was because of the phenomenon that was Ross Perot.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by naptu2: 3:03pm On Jan 21, 2019
Nograv

naptu2:
The first US presidential election season that I paid close attention to was the 1988 election season (for obvious reasons. That was the season of Jesse Jackson vs. Dukakis). Prior to 1988 I had only known the candidates and the eventual winners. I had never watched the debates, primaries, inaugurations, inauguration balls, etc. I wasn’t really interested in them.

I have watched every US presidential election debate since 1988 (that’s 30 years) and there were usually only 2 presidential candidates at each of those debates. The only exception was in 1992 and that was because the phenomenon known as Ross Perot contested as an independent candidate. This is despite the fact that between 7 to 10 candidates contested each of those presidential elections.

Michael Dukakis debated against George Bush in the main 1988 presidential debate, despite the fact that there were 7 presidential candidates in the 1988 election.

George Bush the 1st, Bill Clinton and Ross Perot took part in the 1992 presidential debate, despite the fact that there were 9 presidential candidates in the 1992 election.

Only Bill Clinton and Bob Dole took part in the 1996 debate, despite the fact that there were 10 presidential candidates in the 1996 election. This was also despite the fact that Ross Perot contested the election again and also despite the fact that there was another phenomenon called Ralph Nader that contested in that election.

George Bush the 2nd and Al Gore were the only candidates that took part in the 2000 debate, despite the fact that there were 9 presidential candidates in that election.

It’s usually only the Republican and Democratic candidates that take part in the main presidential debates, despite the fact that there are other candidates. Some people also organise an alternative presidential debate in which candidates from the smaller parties and independents get to debate their ideas in front of the public, but its only the candidates of the two major parties that usually take part in the main presidential debates.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by naptu2: 3:05pm On Jan 21, 2019
Nograv

naptu2:
1992 was the only time that I saw 3 people on the debate stage.

People had become fed up of President Bush because he chose to focus on foreign policy rather than the economic problems that America was facing.

Bill Clinton was younger and he ran a flashy campaign that made him seem like a rock star. He was also talking about America's economic problems.

Billionaire businessman Ross Perot attracted a lot of support from people that had become fed up of the Republicans and Democrats. He paid for his campaign himself and did not accept any government funds. I think he got the most votes of any 3rd party or independent candidate in history.

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by nograv: 3:31pm On Jan 21, 2019
naptu2:
Nograv

I said Republican primaries.. Is Clinton a Republican?

Anyway here is a screenshot that deals with your nonsense..

When you cant debate you resort to lies.. Mtchew.

How many candidates do you see getting ready to debate on Fox TV..??

If the Americans can conduct a TV debate with this many candidates why cant channels TV? The answer is because they dont want too.. tongue

Ahh Nigerians..

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by naptu2: 3:47pm On Jan 21, 2019
nograv:

I said Republican primaries.. Is Clinton a Republican?

Anyway here is a screenshot that deals with your nonsense..

When you cant debate you resort to lies.. Mtchew.

How many candidates do you see getting ready to debate on Fox TV..??

If the Americans can conduct a TV debate with this many candidates why cant channels TV? The answer is because they dont want too.. tongue

Ahh Nigerians..

grin And he said that I'm the one that's getting angry grin

Anyway, I'm done with you. You still didn't address the points in my previous posts, you are talking about primaries as if this is a primary, you didn't provide any evidence of this conspiracy, you didn't explain how Sowore was able to appear on thr Candidates or Good Morning Nigeria if this conspiracy really existed, you are talking about 10 candidates when there are 70 candidates in this election and every single one will protest being excluded, etc. You are just going round in circles and throwing red herrings everywhere.

I'm done with you. I won't read or respond to your posts. I don't have time to waste anymore. Takia

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by nograv: 4:06pm On Jan 21, 2019
naptu2:

grin And he said that I'm the one that's getting angry grin

Anyway, I'm done with you. You still didn't address the points in my previous posts, you are talking about primaries as if this is a primary, you didn't provide any evidence of this conspiracy, you didn't explain how Sowore was able to appear on thr Candidates or Good Morning Nigeria if this conspiracy really existed, you are talking about 10 candidates when there are 70 candidates in this election and every single one will protest being excluded, etc. You are just going round in circles and throwing red herrings everywhere.

I'm done with you. I won't read or respond to your posts. I don't have time to waste anymore. Takia

Bros stop moving the goalposts, we were originally talking about the main TV candidates of which Sowore was one. I mention debates taking place in the US with 10 candidates, then you start talking about 70 candidates which wasn’t your original line of argument cheesy

So what if Sowore has been granted an audience on other channels? That is a lovely “red herring”, we are debating why he was excluded from channels TV debates nothing more.

Of course you will run away once you have been shown up to be a flag bearer for the old brigade..

I see no one has thumbed up your posts, which is good the youth are beginning to see beyond your lies..

5 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by Konquest: 1:29pm On Jan 22, 2019
naptu2:
Omoyele Sowore and his running mate, Dr Rabiu Rufai, will take part in a 2 hour live town hall meeting called “The Candidates”. The event will be shown live on the Network Service of the NTA and partner stations and online via Daria Media on Wednesday, January 23rd, 2019 at 7pm. It will be moderated by Kadaria Ahmed.

The candidates will answer questions from the moderator, from the audience and from viewers at home.

The Candidate advert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5KnUYCSBVA

The presidential candidate of Young Progressive Party, Kingsley Moghalu and his running mate, Uma Getso, appeared on “The Candidates” on January 9th. Here are videos of that episode.

“The Candidates” : Kingsley Moghalu and Uma Getso (short clip)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7bTXMILW9Q

“The Candidates” : Kingsley Moghalu and Uma Getso (full programme).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C77CB1AKhsk

The presidential candidate of the APC, Muhammadu Buhari and his running mate, Yemi Osinbajo, appeared on "The Candidates" on January 16th. Here are videos of that episode.

"The Candidates" : Muhammadu Buhari and Yemi Osinbajo (full programme).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PiEA5FEgXE
^^^^^
^^^^^
Brilliant!
Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by naptu2: 9:51am On Jan 23, 2019
It's today! Live on the NTA Network and partner stations.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NTANewsNow/status/1087650561179164672

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by PromixTuhh(m): 5:31pm On Jan 23, 2019
The man for the job.

4 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by naptu2: 7:12pm On Jan 23, 2019
Live
Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by naptu2: 7:21pm On Jan 23, 2019
Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by Okoroawusa: 7:25pm On Jan 23, 2019
Best of luck Soakaway...em...sorry, Sowore
Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by naptu2: 7:31pm On Jan 23, 2019
I can hear echoes. It seems they have issues with the audio
Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by naptu2: 7:33pm On Jan 23, 2019
They are talking about population.

Sowore says that some of the most populated countries have grown because they invested in their population (he gave examples of China and India).

He says that we have not invested in education, healthcare, technology, etc.

There was a break because of a technical glitch.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 23, 2019
He's good but Kingsley Moghalu is our choice . Pls don't be deceive by the gullible ones, a.k.a Buhari & Atiku (Buatiku ).
Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by Ezniteadin(m): 7:35pm On Jan 23, 2019
FreeGlobe:
When are they bringing up the APGA candidate instead of all these fringe unknown parties and candidates. The AOPGA candidate is strong in SE and NC

Whao! it is obvious that you are not listening to Sowore. this is the most vibrant candidate for the 2019 election. There is no dull moment with Sowore. The man is truly knowledgeable and sincere about changing the narratives with facts and figures

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by Charly68: 7:35pm On Jan 23, 2019
I love the courage of this presidential candidate ,he is fed up with the trial and error system of governance in the country ..it seems our leaders aren't serious about solving our problems hence he stepped into the system .May God encourage you my brother .

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by naptu2: 7:36pm On Jan 23, 2019
Sowore says that he will increase electricity supply via investment.

Kadaria asks where the money will come from.

Sowore says that the private sector will be brought in just like in the telecomms sector

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by mrjojo: 7:36pm On Jan 23, 2019
Chai,, so simple live streaming NTA can't get right in 2019. Or is this intentional sabotage?

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Live On "The Candidates" On January 23rd, 2019 By 7pm by Ezniteadin(m): 7:37pm On Jan 23, 2019
Lenadiva:
He's good but Kingsley Moghalu is our choice .
Pls don't be deceive by the gullible ones, a.k.a Buhari & Atiku (Buatiku ).

Indomie children, It is obvious you don't know the man who has been fighting for you before you were born.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Labour Party (South-West Chairman) Collapses Structure Into APC / Our Lives Under Python Dance Ii – South-east Residents Speak / Remove GEJ & Prepare For War – Dokubo Asari Warns North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.