Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion (12428 Views)

APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' / Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats / Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion by Racoon(m): 9:15am On Jan 21, 2019
The tables will be upturn unexpectedly.
Re: Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion by booblacain(m): 9:16am On Jan 21, 2019
post=74965107:
Only wailers alongside children of hate and perdition won't know that.

Customer daada... You are always welcome cheesy grin wink

Only you go post, only you first share am.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion by damola1: 9:17am On Jan 21, 2019
Agbaje just Dey collect pdp allocation money.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion by AllenSpencer: 9:20am On Jan 21, 2019
Memphitz537:
Lagosians are in love with their chains of slavery to the Halitosis infected Bola Tinubu.....

Is it your love?

We like it like that

Your lots still keep running to the state on daily basis.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion by dammyd46(m): 9:22am On Jan 21, 2019
I agree with the OP Jimi Agbaje is not really serious with this election all he is waiting for is Atiku' s victory and an appointment. The earlier Lagosians realises this the better for the next capable candidate, instead of wasting time voting for an unready one.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion by colossus2: 9:24am On Jan 21, 2019
post=74965261:

A young Wailing wailer has just spoken, we try to converse with the elderly wailers, now shut up kiddo! cheesy grin
You obviously had a terrible upbringing. Calling your betters “kiddo” at every turn. You are just a deranged fellow. Enjoy your cyberspace of foolery.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion by Memphitz537(m): 9:31am On Jan 21, 2019
AllenSpencer:

Is it your love?

We like it like that

Your lots still keep running to the state on daily basis.

Spoken like a true slave!
Re: Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:33am On Jan 21, 2019
Okies kiddo colossus2 cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion by Yomboy4ever(m): 9:34am On Jan 21, 2019
Make una live our customer dada alone ooo

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion by ngadaAwo: 9:39am On Jan 21, 2019
[s]
Basic123:

Yes that Igbo people wish they have!
[/s]
Lagos is a no man's land
baale of idumota you call Oba of Lagos is a criminal vagabond charlatan

kiss the truth
Re: Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion by AllenSpencer: 9:39am On Jan 21, 2019
Memphitz537:

Spoken like a true slave!

Thank you!

Like are said, we like it like that

Why are you crying more than the bereaved

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion by Afamed: 9:41am On Jan 21, 2019
Agbaje is politically and financially broke.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion by anochuko01(m): 9:44am On Jan 21, 2019
Sakamaje:
Jimi Agbaje is not a serious candidate. As it stands, BOS (Babatunde Gbadamosi) of ADP is taking too much shine off him. APC will most certainly win the next election in Lagos, while BOS will get a lot of votes that would have ordinarily gone to Agbaje.
......and if gbadamosi stays relevant till 2023 and assuming BOS does an ''ambode'' kind of mistake....things could get really messy then
Re: Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion by hush15: 9:46am On Jan 21, 2019
Barondenigeria:
Olugbenga Moloney

The March 2019 Governorship elections are fast approaching, with the major contenders in Lagos leaving no stone unturned.

However, having critically examined the electioneering efforts of the candidate of the people's democratic party- Mr. Jimi Agbaje, one is forced to ask if the 61 year old contender is truly trying to be governor or just making subtle moves for a possible federal appointment?

Prior to December the 1st 2018, many Lagosians had questioned the PDPs candidate on the reasons for his seemingly retarded campaign tempo ahead the general elections. His response and i quote was-

“Good morning Lagos, my team and I have gotten a barrage of questions asking why I haven’t been actively campaigning in public and I think it’s about time that we addressed it. “Let’s be clear, the INEC rules guiding this election unequivocally state that campaigning for the 2019 gubernatorial elections shall not begin until the 1st of December, 2018. In their words – not mine – and I quote, “For the purpose of this Act, the period of campaigning in public by every political party (not just candidates) shall commence 90 days before polling day and end 24 hours prior to that day...."Now if that is the rule, then we have no choice but to abide by it...

Now almost 60 days later since INECs nod, it is still hard to be convinced that the PDPs candidate has thrown his hat in the ring just yet. Sadly, his only visible campaign efforts are a dozen tattered posters and vandalized billboards clearly visible on Lagos highways.
The reasons why i am convinced beyond reasonable doubt, that the PDPs Lagos Governorship Candidate is headed for defeat at the polls is not farfetched.

~Over-dependence on wayned popularity
The 2007 Lagos Governorship elections saw Mr. jimi Agbaje emerge a candidate under the Democratic People's Alliance, after his defection from the Action Congress.
After the elections, with his spectacular performance (although not enough to secure him a majority) one would still have expected the vibrant and promising young man then to keep the pace by being vocal and critical of the then Governor of the state. Unfortunately, Mr. Agbaje retreated completely, probably accepting the superior administrative style of Babatunde Fashola.
He resurfaced 8 years later to try his luck again, following the expiration of Fashola's tenure; a move which confirmed his conspicuous inferiority.

Hinging his campaign on the wings of his diminished popularity, and failing to judiciously employ the availbale federal advantage his party possessed at the time, he lost again to a political new comer Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode.
Disappearing again from mainstream Lagos politics for 4 years, the PDP stalwart has resurfaced to wrestle power from the rulling APC, most likely premising his victory on his faded popularity; Mr. Agbaje is about to make the same mistake the third time.

~Disadvantaged tribal appeal

It is not heresay that a large fraction of Nigeria's electorate vote alongside tribal lines. Statistics from past elections have burtressed the trends. Since 2015, many Lagosians of Igbo extraction have thrown their weight openely or tacitly behind Mr. Agbaje. This has indeed angered many indigenous Lagosians who view the Igbos as being overbearing; a once heated scenario which saw the oba of Lagos threatening to drown Igbo Lagosians with mystical powers if they voted against his party The APC.

This unfortunate tribal cold war equally threaten the PDP candidate's chances at the polls.

~Lethargic electioneering effort

Following INEC's opening of the window for official party campaigns, Lagos Governorship candidates like Mr. Babatunde Gbadamosi and Mr. Babajide Sanwo-olu, to mention a few, have taken to the streets to aggressively canvas for votes among Lagosians. From higher institutions in the state, to conferences, expos and concerts; but one candidate has been least seen- Mr. Jimi Agbaje.

His handlers/advisers are either doing a terrible job or deliberately sabotaging his efforts by not drawing his attention to his inert effort.

~General miscalculations

About a week ago, at the Lagos Governorship debate organized by Covenant Christian Center's the platform, the Lagos PDP candidate told the audience and Lagosians at large that he was confident of winning this year's poll, because his 2015 performance was better than his 2007 performance. I like to think that the reason for this assertion is partly connected with the brief topsy-turvy witnessed by the Lagos APC over its decision to drop the incumbent Governor as the party's flag bearer. Such premises will at best be hopeless if the PDPs candidate refuses to trace his steps towards a purpose driven campaign with renewed spirits and intensified efforts. (Assuming time permits him).

Olugbenga Moloney- is a political scientist, public commentator and writer.
Source:
http://www.insiderpostonline.com/opinion/reasons-why-agbaje-would-lose-the-lagos-governorship-election-again-opinion/

I disagree with you. Agbaje is trying and doing well. We cant compare the two pockets. Sanwo has the state apparatuses at his disposal for example all the multimedia bill boards that Lagos state just built with this jdceaux firm are at Sanwo Olu disposal. Also, other electronic media at lekki phase 1 axis and LCC toll gate (the two tolls) are owned by Tinubus son. Ozumba axis from start to finish is managed by LCC who already works for Sanwo Olu. Any agbaje banner mounted on that axis is destroyed. Third main land, they destroyed everything. Taxs payers money is used to fund Sanwo Olu's election.

i have a friend whose company sold hundreds of ipad device for more that 30million naira to sanwos campaign group. And thats not the only transaction they did. Sanwo has deep pockets. Radio traffic 96.1 has been singing Sanwo Olu and Remi adverts for sometimes now. Soundcity has been doing APC adverts for some months now and since last year o. So if you compare, in terms of financing. Sanwo's financing is stronger and we all know why.

However, this is what we want to kick against. For a government thats has been for 20yrs, you dont need to spend endlessly and senselessly to win peoples vote if they have been fair to lagosians. For me it only implies Lagosians are tired and they are strongly spending to push their candidates into our faces. Like i said, their works should speak for them, not tax payers funds or the illegally gotten wealth. Jimi may not match them in terms of pockets but i know i am tired of APC and so many feel the same way.

For me, the only two candidates that i will vote for is either Jimi or the Babatunde guy. when i get to that bridge, i will cross it but its time to free Lagos. Let them loose lagos and see in another 4yrs if they afford this kind of spending. Lagosians are now wise and after spending that much, the only tool they can deploy is thugs and miscreants to fustrate election process to their favour. in a fair contest, APC can never win Lagos again.

They use thugs, the uneducated and the unenlightened u to swing votes but if you enlightened, educated and sane, pls vote out this violent party who has turn lagos to a mafia city for peace, progress and true development lagos deserves.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion by tunde82seidat(f): 10:22am On Jan 21, 2019
Yes o in Babatunde Gbadamosi we trust..he's the owner of the beautiful Amen Estate.Check my signature for investments opportunities @ Amen Estate
Re: Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion by Starboytwo(m): 11:28am On Jan 21, 2019
You guys saying Jimi is not serious....how will he be serious....everybody knows sanwo will win,this is Lagos,this is APC headquarters,I don't expect them to lose....besides I'd do the same thing as Jimi...just ride with the flow anyhow....where money to waste for campaign after so many years.....that man been campaigning since tipe tipe ooo...
Re: Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion by SaiAtikuTill203: 11:41am On Jan 21, 2019
BUHARI Has Dementia And It Is Not Getting Better. - Aisha Mohammed, Bompai Kano.
“My dad had dementia until he passed on 2 years ago. So did my uncle who passed on in 2009. I know what the disease can do, I know the variants my father's own was PSP (the terrible one that messes up your muscles) my uncle's own was Alzheimer.
I know the early signs. I have been to moon and back looking for cure. Immediately we saw Buhari in the NTA presidential programme, my wife and I turned and gave each other a concerned look.
We have seen the signs before. The disconnected look, the sudden prolonged silence mid sentence, the tangential answer to a straight forward question.
We watched the Warri APC rally the next day, and our fears were confirmed, we observed the unusual hurry by the the organisers to draw the rally to an end while it was just midday. Akpabio, Amaechi, Uduaghan were only allowed to speak for a minute. Buhari sat with the same disconnected look. He was closely guided as he marched to the stage as if they had a concern with his balance.
Once on stage, he was handed a paper listing the protocol. My wife said let's see if he will call anybody by name, that will be the litmus test. He didn't. Even when he acknowledged the APC Gubernatorial candidate, he pointed to the far left while the man was standing next to him on his right.
The climax was when he finally handed the flag to Ogboru and called him the presidential candidate. The long and short of this story is that no matter
Re: Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion by Oluwalifted: 11:52am On Jan 21, 2019
ngadaAwo:
Tinubu is a bastard drug dealing vagabond

sponsored post from Tinubu's goat

if Atiku wins hmmmmm apc will lost everything they ever had

Go and work on your grammar before abusing your elders. "APC will lost"
Re: Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion by bigboluet(m): 12:48pm On Jan 21, 2019
Both SANWO OLU and Agbaje victory depends on who wins the presidential election.
Re: Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2019
one factor agbaje would lose is we don't think as a people in this country it's just sentiment...dats all
Re: Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion by CarGuide: 1:26pm On Jan 21, 2019
Re: Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion by ikorodureporta: 4:39pm On Jan 21, 2019
Jimi Agbaje just lost a v.great opportunity, abi dem jazz am sef? Almost all the ppl in my area don't even know if he's running
Re: Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion by Jefak(m): 4:21pm On Jan 22, 2019
Re: Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion by Glory12345(f): 4:23pm On Jan 22, 2019
OP you're so stupid for this post and it shows are shallow minded you!! JIMI AGBAJE WILL BECOME GOVERNOR AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN.
Barondenigeria:
Olugbenga Moloney

The March 2019 Governorship elections are fast approaching, with the major contenders in Lagos leaving no stone unturned.

However, having critically examined the electioneering efforts of the candidate of the people's democratic party- Mr. Jimi Agbaje, one is forced to ask if the 61 year old contender is truly trying to be governor or just making subtle moves for a possible federal appointment?

Prior to December the 1st 2018, many Lagosians had questioned the PDPs candidate on the reasons for his seemingly retarded campaign tempo ahead the general elections. His response and i quote was-

“Good morning Lagos, my team and I have gotten a barrage of questions asking why I haven’t been actively campaigning in public and I think it’s about time that we addressed it. “Let’s be clear, the INEC rules guiding this election unequivocally state that campaigning for the 2019 gubernatorial elections shall not begin until the 1st of December, 2018. In their words – not mine – and I quote, “For the purpose of this Act, the period of campaigning in public by every political party (not just candidates) shall commence 90 days before polling day and end 24 hours prior to that day...."Now if that is the rule, then we have no choice but to abide by it...

Now almost 60 days later since INECs nod, it is still hard to be convinced that the PDPs candidate has thrown his hat in the ring just yet. Sadly, his only visible campaign efforts are a dozen tattered posters and vandalized billboards clearly visible on Lagos highways.
The reasons why i am convinced beyond reasonable doubt, that the PDPs Lagos Governorship Candidate is headed for defeat at the polls is not farfetched.

~Over-dependence on wayned popularity
The 2007 Lagos Governorship elections saw Mr. jimi Agbaje emerge a candidate under the Democratic People's Alliance, after his defection from the Action Congress.
After the elections, with his spectacular performance (although not enough to secure him a majority) one would still have expected the vibrant and promising young man then to keep the pace by being vocal and critical of the then Governor of the state. Unfortunately, Mr. Agbaje retreated completely, probably accepting the superior administrative style of Babatunde Fashola.
He resurfaced 8 years later to try his luck again, following the expiration of Fashola's tenure; a move which confirmed his conspicuous inferiority.

Hinging his campaign on the wings of his diminished popularity, and failing to judiciously employ the availbale federal advantage his party possessed at the time, he lost again to a political new comer Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode.
Disappearing again from mainstream Lagos politics for 4 years, the PDP stalwart has resurfaced to wrestle power from the rulling APC, most likely premising his victory on his faded popularity; Mr. Agbaje is about to make the same mistake the third time.

~Disadvantaged tribal appeal

It is not heresay that a large fraction of Nigeria's electorate vote alongside tribal lines. Statistics from past elections have burtressed the trends. Since 2015, many Lagosians of Igbo extraction have thrown their weight openely or tacitly behind Mr. Agbaje. This has indeed angered many indigenous Lagosians who view the Igbos as being overbearing; a once heated scenario which saw the oba of Lagos threatening to drown Igbo Lagosians with mystical powers if they voted against his party The APC.

This unfortunate tribal cold war equally threaten the PDP candidate's chances at the polls.

~Lethargic electioneering effort

Following INEC's opening of the window for official party campaigns, Lagos Governorship candidates like Mr. Babatunde Gbadamosi and Mr. Babajide Sanwo-olu, to mention a few, have taken to the streets to aggressively canvas for votes among Lagosians. From higher institutions in the state, to conferences, expos and concerts; but one candidate has been least seen- Mr. Jimi Agbaje.

His handlers/advisers are either doing a terrible job or deliberately sabotaging his efforts by not drawing his attention to his inert effort.

~General miscalculations

About a week ago, at the Lagos Governorship debate organized by Covenant Christian Center's the platform, the Lagos PDP candidate told the audience and Lagosians at large that he was confident of winning this year's poll, because his 2015 performance was better than his 2007 performance. I like to think that the reason for this assertion is partly connected with the brief topsy-turvy witnessed by the Lagos APC over its decision to drop the incumbent Governor as the party's flag bearer. Such premises will at best be hopeless if the PDPs candidate refuses to trace his steps towards a purpose driven campaign with renewed spirits and intensified efforts. (Assuming time permits him).

Olugbenga Moloney- is a political scientist, public commentator and writer.
Source:
http://www.insiderpostonline.com/opinion/reasons-why-agbaje-would-lose-the-lagos-governorship-election-again-opinion/
Re: Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion by obontami: 6:34pm On Feb 03, 2019
colossus2:

You wail more than those you call wailers. Get engaged in something tangible.

That bastard hermit stays on nairaland 24/7.
Re: Reasons Why Agbaje Would Lose The Lagos Governorship Election Again- Opinion by obontami: 6:38pm On Feb 03, 2019
post=74965261:

A young Wailing wailer has just spoken, we try to converse with the elderly wailers, now shut up kiddo! cheesy grin

You will soon get arrested for selling human meat to the public in deception of selling BBQ. Just wait and see.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PREMIUM TIMES EDITORIAL: Onnoghen: Time To Halt Nigeria’s Slide To Anarchy / Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ / Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Seeking Disqualification Of Tinubu, Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.