Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,983 members, 7,835,293 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Ibori Breaks Down In Dubai Prison, Hospitalised - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori Breaks Down In Dubai Prison, Hospitalised (759 Views)

Before Vice President Osinbajo, The Workaholic, Breaks Down / Diezani’s 14yr-old ONLY Son Asks: Is My Mum Going To Die? As Husband Breaks Down / Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibori Breaks Down In Dubai Prison, Hospitalised by rasputinn(m): 7:33am On Aug 15, 2010
Ibori breaks down in Dubai prison, hospitalised

Embattled former Governor of Delta State, Chief James Ibori, is suffering from an undisclosed ailment for which he has been hospitalised in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

He was said to have broken down in prison custody a few days ago and taken to the hospital where he was said to be responding to treatment.

The Chairman, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mrs. Farida Waziri, disclosed this when fielding questions from journalists at the commission‘s headquarters, Abuja, on Friday.

The occasion was the visit by the Central Planning Committee for Nigeria at 50, Women and Children Special Events.

The group was led by the President, National Council for Women Society, Mrs. Ramatu Usman, who is also the chairperson of the planning committee.

The visitors announced that the EFCC boss would be conferred with the award of ”Nigerian Golden Amazon” in the ”Most Outstanding Female Public Servant” category during Nigeria‘s 50th anniversary in October.

Usman said Queen Elizabeth of England and the First Lady, Mrs. Patience Jonathan, would present the award to underscore its importance and that of the Yeoman‘s job Waziri had been doing.

Farida said that the extradition of Ibori was on course, given the continued collaboration between the EFCC and the London Metropolitan Police over the matter.

She said, ”Ibori is in a hospital in Dubai, but the process for his extradition is ongoing. We are working and exchanging information with the Met.

”The process is long. Some Met police are even coming here soon in this regard. He will be extradited to London soon to face trial.”

Ibori fled the country after the EFCC issued a warrant for his arrest, following his refusal to honour an invitation to answer charges that he misused state funds for personal gains.

The former governor was arrested in Dubai on May 12, on the strength of an international arrest warrant issued by INTERPOL, but got a reprieve when the court granted him bail.

The bail was, however, revoked, on June 9, as an aftermath of the conviction of the ex-governor‘s sister, Mrs. Christine Ibori-Ibie and his associate, Miss. Udoamaka Okoronkwo by a London court.

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201008142105048
Re: Ibori Breaks Down In Dubai Prison, Hospitalised by rasputinn(m): 7:37am On Aug 15, 2010
Big lie,story,bohboh,fabuu etc
Until I see an independent confirmation of this story,I wont believe Farida cos I dont take her words;not even with a pinch of salt

Besides,the world famous Odidigbodigo of Africa( grin grin grin) CAN NEVER break down
Re: Ibori Breaks Down In Dubai Prison, Hospitalised by gaiusjuli: 7:48am On Aug 15, 2010
He is probably faking it so he can rest in hospital small
Re: Ibori Breaks Down In Dubai Prison, Hospitalised by snowdrops(m): 12:01pm On Aug 15, 2010
at least he has been in jail all along and remains under restriction, thats all that counts
Re: Ibori Breaks Down In Dubai Prison, Hospitalised by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 15, 2010
Always wanted Ibori to go down but can not help but wonder whether Ibori would have been in jail if he declared his loyalty for Jonathan when Yar'adua was on sick bed.

Kpele, Ibori made himself a cheap prey.
Re: Ibori Breaks Down In Dubai Prison, Hospitalised by Gbawe: 1:55pm On Aug 15, 2010
mikeansy:

Always wanted Ibori to go down but can not help but wonder whether Ibori would have been in jail if he declared his loyalty for Jonathan when Yar'adua was on sick bed.

Kpele, Ibori made himself a cheap prey.

My sentiments too. With folks like Aondoakaa, Ruma, Muthar all running amock , it is obvious that Jonathan is another partisan leader of little integrity. I wan't Ibori to go down also but it is obvious we are back in the OBJ day when we saw overtly corrupt friends of the regime safe from prosecution while enemies of the Government were hounded with relentless zeal .
Re: Ibori Breaks Down In Dubai Prison, Hospitalised by redsun(m): 2:02pm On Aug 15, 2010
Even the so called EFCC chairman in priciples is not better than ibori.All nigerian politicians are ibori like,some are worse and until all of them are facing the same wrath as ibori,the fight against in nigeria will remain a white wash.
Re: Ibori Breaks Down In Dubai Prison, Hospitalised by jeyians: 3:13pm On Aug 15, 2010
I thought we in democracy, where one can criticize and be criticized; but what it is todayis that; when one is against
the Boss; the boss think of running you down with your past mistake that might have been forgotten. Nigerians, let us restructure our way. Let us practise democracy with reality.
Re: Ibori Breaks Down In Dubai Prison, Hospitalised by monkeyleg: 3:20pm On Aug 15, 2010
The motherPhucker should stop kidding himself and head back to jail
Re: Ibori Breaks Down In Dubai Prison, Hospitalised by jeyians: 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2010
You, you say it to the world; are you pure? Going by Ibori numerous developments in his State where he governored, he should be set free.
Re: Ibori Breaks Down In Dubai Prison, Hospitalised by monkeyleg: 3:39pm On Aug 15, 2010
Ibori is a DAMN THIEF and DESERVES to be BEHIND BARS, he should stop acting like a small baby and face up to his CRIMES. CANT STAND THE TIME DONT DO THE CRIME.

Ibori did nothing for Delta state, and anyone who thinks he did is a stack Illiterate, simple
Re: Ibori Breaks Down In Dubai Prison, Hospitalised by jeyians: 4:13pm On Aug 15, 2010
Pls endeavour to use words you know the meaning. Do you use to Bleep your mother? are you a saint? You motherfucker, what makes different? If you are a Deltan you have known that Ibori could not be compared to many of the Governors in his reign. wide mouth
Re: Ibori Breaks Down In Dubai Prison, Hospitalised by monkeyleg: 5:38pm On Aug 15, 2010
@jeyians,

I am Deltan, and one who wants the best for every Deltan. Not one who is easy bought like those 2 naira Ashawos. Ibori is a Thief, a BIG one at that, and I make no apologies for that, he can rot in jail for all I care. If you are a true Deltan, and understand the meaning of good governance, you will not be showing your Illiteracy on a public forum.

Ibori is a Phucking Thief and should face his crimes like a big boy, abi is he not Ogreedigbodigbo again.

And yes I am not a saint, but I have never defrauded the good people of Deltan state, and never intend to.

This just shows where the mentality of the common man lies, give him a bucket of garri, and then he anoints Ibori saint
Re: Ibori Breaks Down In Dubai Prison, Hospitalised by Myself2(m): 10:03pm On Aug 15, 2010
jeyians:

You, you say it to the world; are you pure? Going by Ibori numerous developments in his State where he governored, he should be set free.

Why not go and clear your NECO papers first before coming to post gibberish on nairaland,it's obvious English Language is still an outstanding subject in your o'levels result sheet
Re: Ibori Breaks Down In Dubai Prison, Hospitalised by Myself2(m): 10:06pm On Aug 15, 2010
monkeyleg:

@jeyians,

I am Deltan, and one which wants the best for every Deltan. Not one which is easy bought like those 2 naira Ashawos. Ibori is a Thief, a BIG one at that, and I make no apologies for that, he can rot in jail for all I care. If you are a true Deltan, and understand the meaning of good governance, you will not be showing your Illiteracy on a public forum.

Ibori is a Phucking Thief and should face his crimes like a big boy, abi is he not Ogreedigbodigbo again.

And yes I am not a saint, but I have defrauded the good people of Deltan state, and never intend to.

This just shows where the mentality of the common man lies, give him a bucket of garri, and then he anoints Ibori saint

This is the best response so far.I love the Ogreedygbodigbo part,hopefully the idiot will soon be chained and thrown into a UK bound plane where he should get not less than 10 years in jail and his assets frozen internationally.Bloody criminal

(1) (Reply)

How Lagos Couple Tortured Domestic Help To Death Over A Piece Of Fish / Ibadan Boils: 12 Buses Burnt , 83 Others Vandalized / Warri Communities Vow To Battle Shell Over Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.