Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

FLASHBACK: Obasanjo Is A Courageous Patriot, Statesman- Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FLASHBACK: Obasanjo Is A Courageous Patriot, Statesman- Buhari (622 Views)

Cairo Ojougboh Was A Courageous, Outspoken Personality - Ibori / Ganduje Is A Courageous And An Exemplary Leader - Tinubu / Plot To Detain Obasanjo Is Real - Fani Kayode, Releases List Of Other Targets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FLASHBACK: Obasanjo Is A Courageous Patriot, Statesman- Buhari by Maxymilliano(m): 4:58pm On Jan 21, 2019

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo is a courageous patriot and statesman who tells the truth to power when he is convinced leaders are going wrong, the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate retired General Muhammadu Buhari has said.

In a statement on the occasion of Obasanjo’s birthday, Buhari said the former president is a nationalist whose commitment to democracy and good governance are worthy of recognition and praise.

The APC presidential candidate acknowledged that, although Obasanjo is widely perceived as controversial, he said such perception should not overshadow his patriotism and remarkable courage to speak up when things go wrong in the county.

“Obasanjo is a true statesman and nationalist who doesn’t abandon his country when it needs his voice to jolt the conscience of leaders to listen to those they govern,” Buhari said.

Buhari said statesmen are the voices and conscience of their countries, adding that Obasanjo has not disappointed him in this regard.

Buhari said General Obasanjo is one of the most de-tribalised and broadminded leaders he has ever known, and that Obasanjo’s name would be cast in stone as one of those Nigerian leaders that served their country with passion.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/obasanjo-is-a-courageous-patriot-statesman-buhari.html

CC: mynd44 , Lalasticlala , OAM4J
Re: FLASHBACK: Obasanjo Is A Courageous Patriot, Statesman- Buhari by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 21, 2019
Bubu is a hypocrite; A compound failure

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FLASHBACK: Obasanjo Is A Courageous Patriot, Statesman- Buhari by orion7: 5:09pm On Jan 21, 2019
Karatum:

his followers 're the fools.

na the day when chick hatch, na that day them dey know which one go be cock or hen

I knew buhari was useless far back 2015

his idiot followers 're still grunting after him. mumu sophistication

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FLASHBACK: Obasanjo Is A Courageous Patriot, Statesman- Buhari by Baawaa(m): 5:15pm On Jan 21, 2019
Obasanjo also said Buhari is God give to Nigeria in 2014,when he torn his PDP membership card.Obasanjo is greedy he think Buhari will compromise but Buhari is not ready to compromise that is why obasanjo change tune.
Re: FLASHBACK: Obasanjo Is A Courageous Patriot, Statesman- Buhari by magoo10(m): 5:17pm On Jan 21, 2019
Buhari is a fantastic hypocrite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FLASHBACK: Obasanjo Is A Courageous Patriot, Statesman- Buhari by Mr2wealth: 5:20pm On Jan 21, 2019
Baawaa:
Obasanjo also said Buhari is God give to Nigeria in 2014,when he torn his PDP membership card.Obasanjo is greedy he think Buhari will compromise but Buhari is not ready to compromise that is why obasanjo change tune.
Compromise what.
Give facts and figures if you can.
Re: FLASHBACK: Obasanjo Is A Courageous Patriot, Statesman- Buhari by Baawaa(m): 5:39pm On Jan 21, 2019
Mr2wealth:

Compromise what.
Give facts and figures if you can.
If you know you know grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FLASHBACK: Obasanjo Is A Courageous Patriot, Statesman- Buhari by Maxymilliano(m): 7:29am On Jan 22, 2019
According to Buhari,“Obasanjo is a true statesman and nationalist who doesn’t abandon his country when it needs his voice to jolt the conscience of leaders to listen to those they govern,” so why are APC minions crying more than a towncrier

cc: lalasticlala
Re: FLASHBACK: Obasanjo Is A Courageous Patriot, Statesman- Buhari by OAUTemitayo: 8:00am On Jan 22, 2019
Maxymilliano:
According to Buhari,“Obasanjo is a true statesman and nationalist who doesn’t abandon his country when it needs his voice to jolt the conscience of leaders to listen to those they govern,” so why are APC minions crying more than a towncrier

According to OBJ
"Whatever anybody says, President Buhari has not disappointed me from what I know of him,’’ he said.
He said the president had delivered on his core areas of strength and ability, particularly in the anti-corruption crusade and the war against insurgency."
“I also used to think that he is not strong in the area of foreign affairs, but I have realised that he has improved very well.
“He has actually done his best in the areas where we know him to be strong,” he said.

Stop deceiving Atikulooters...
Stop giving them false hope..

Buhari will floor Atiku
Re: FLASHBACK: Obasanjo Is A Courageous Patriot, Statesman- Buhari by Maxymilliano(m): 8:28am On Jan 22, 2019
OAUTemitayo:

According to OBJ
"Whatever anybody says, President Buhari has not disappointed me from what I know of him,’’ he said.
He said the president had delivered on his core areas of strength and ability, particularly in the anti-corruption crusade and the war against insurgency."
“I also used to think that he is not strong in the area of foreign affairs, but I have realised that he has improved very well.
“He has actually done his best in the areas where we know him to be strong,” he said.

Stop deceiving Atikulooters...
Stop giving them false hope..

Buhari will floor Atiku

Temitayo, as a Yoruba man, you should know that words of our elders are words of wisdom and according to Baba, "Buhari is sick in the spirit, body and mind. Let's beg him to take a rest. He has performed to the best of his ability," .

Re: FLASHBACK: Obasanjo Is A Courageous Patriot, Statesman- Buhari by Pekele007: 8:34am On Jan 22, 2019
Buhari is kuku a lifeless dullard ,no surprises. grin
Re: FLASHBACK: Obasanjo Is A Courageous Patriot, Statesman- Buhari by paq1: 8:59am On Jan 22, 2019
Baawaa:

Buhari has been a national calamity that is why OBJ changed his mind.
Re: FLASHBACK: Obasanjo Is A Courageous Patriot, Statesman- Buhari by OAUTemitayo: 9:36am On Jan 22, 2019
Maxymilliano:

Temitayo, as a Yoruba man, you should know that words of our elders are words of wisdom and according to Baba, "Buhari is sick in the spirit, body and mind. Let's beg him to take a rest. He has performed to the best of his ability," .

Sir,
We cannot replace Buhari with a looter...
Re: FLASHBACK: Obasanjo Is A Courageous Patriot, Statesman- Buhari by Racoon(m): 9:40am On Jan 22, 2019
Karma!

Re: FLASHBACK: Obasanjo Is A Courageous Patriot, Statesman- Buhari by livelymatilda22: 10:12am On Jan 22, 2019
Karatum:

Obasanjo on Atiku:

"What I did not know, which came out glaringly later, was his parental background which was somewhat shadowy, his propensity to corruption, his tendency to disloyalty, his inability to say and stick to the truth all the time,a propensity for poor judgment, his belief and reliance on marabouts , his lack of transparency, his trust in money to buy his way out on all issues and his readiness to sacrifice morality, integrity, propriety truth and national interest for self and selfish interest"

Olusegun Obasanjo
MY WATCH
Volume 2
Pages 31- 32
Re: FLASHBACK: Obasanjo Is A Courageous Patriot, Statesman- Buhari by livelymatilda22: 10:19am On Jan 22, 2019
Maxymilliano:

Obasanjo on Atiku:

"What I did not know, which came out glaringly later, was his parental background which was somewhat shadowy, his propensity to corruption, his tendency to disloyalty, his inability to say and stick to the truth all the time,a propensity for poor judgment, his belief and reliance on marabouts , his lack of transparency, his trust in money to buy his way out on all issues and his readiness to sacrifice morality, integrity, propriety truth and national interest for self and selfish interest"

Olusegun Obasanjo
MY WATCH
Volume 2
Pages 31- 32.

(1) (Reply)

Real Reason Why Lagos Assembly Want To Impeach Ambode – CSO / See the moment President Buhari land's in Kano for his Presidential rally / Quiz Time!! Atiku Can Become President Of The Following Countries Except One!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.