Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,670 members, 7,809,537 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Police Refuse To Release Melaye, Move To Arraign Him On Fresh Charges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Refuse To Release Melaye, Move To Arraign Him On Fresh Charges (905 Views)

Saraki Reacts To EFCC Plan To Arraign Him For Allegedly Diverting 12bn / EFCC Arrests Babachir Lawal, To Arraign Him Today / Police Refuse To Release Melaye, Move To Arraign Him On Fresh Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Police Refuse To Release Melaye, Move To Arraign Him On Fresh Charges by deboysben(m): 12:21am On Jan 22, 2019
The police have refused to release Dino Melaye, senator representing Kogi west, despite meeting his bail conditions, TheCable understands.
On Friday, a high court in Abuja granted Melaye bail on health grounds after about two weeks in detention.
Yusuf Halilu, the judge, had granted the senator bail on health grounds.
The bails conditions included presenting three sureties who reside and have properties in Abuja. The lawmaker met the conditions on Monday.
Melaye has been in custody since he surrendered to the police on January 4 after an eight-day siege was laid to his Abuja residence.
The police alleged that supporters of Melaye shot one Danjuma Saliu, a police officer in Kogi state, in July. They said Saliu has been in hospital since that time and is not responding well to treatment.
Speaking with TheCable on Monday night, an associate of the senator who did not want to be named, said as of 7pm, Melaye was still being held in police detention.
The source said despite the order of the court that had been served on police, they are attempting to arraign him “on fresh charges” on Tuesday.
“His family has not seen him. Despite the above FCT High Court order of Friday and duly served on the Police, having met all bail conditions, the police are holding on to Dino Melaye as we speak now,” the associate said.
“Instead of obeying the court order above, they have chose to arraign him in court tomorrow on a fresh charges.”

https://www.thecable.ng/police-refuse-to-release-melaye-move-to-arraign-him-on-fresh-charges

Re: Police Refuse To Release Melaye, Move To Arraign Him On Fresh Charges by deboysben(m): 12:22am On Jan 22, 2019
They are trying tooth and nail to make sure Dino lose in the coming election

It's a matter of time his light will shine

2 Likes

Re: Police Refuse To Release Melaye, Move To Arraign Him On Fresh Charges by Chuks9000: 12:29am On Jan 22, 2019
What does the FG have with this guy?
It's looking really desperate...

1 Like

Re: Police Refuse To Release Melaye, Move To Arraign Him On Fresh Charges by TheBlessedMAN: 12:37am On Jan 22, 2019
Just like Ebola, Buhari is just another application from the Devil's Playstore.

We ignorantly and fed-up-ly downloaded him into our national phone in 2015. Since then, he has corrupted the whole Ram of our national phone with his nepotism, bigotry and wickedness.

Now we have a once-in-a blue moon chance to uninstall the egocentric app of a president in February.

Its our collective responsibility to do this. The question is, are you READY?

2 Likes

Re: Police Refuse To Release Melaye, Move To Arraign Him On Fresh Charges by GarriKoro(m): 12:44am On Jan 22, 2019
TheBlessedMAN:
Just like Ebola, Buhari is just another application from the Devil's Playstore.

We ignorantly and fed-up-ly downloaded him into our national phone in 2015. Since then, he has corrupted the whole Ram of our national phone with his nepotism, bigotry and wickedness.

Now we have a once-in-a blue moon chance to uninstall the egocentric app of a president in February.

Its our collective responsibility to do this. The question is, are you READY?
So you want us to uninstall Buhari and install a known international money launderer abi? Buhari stays till 2023 or until when God calls him before then

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Refuse To Release Melaye, Move To Arraign Him On Fresh Charges by TheBlessedMAN: 12:49am On Jan 22, 2019
GarriKoro:
So you want us to uninstall Buhari and install a known international money launderer abi? Buhari stays till 2023 or until when God calls him before then
Once an unwanted application start forming too hard to delete or uninstall, the next thing na to flash am comot for phone. Same formula can be applied in this case.

3 Likes

Re: Police Refuse To Release Melaye, Move To Arraign Him On Fresh Charges by netpro(m): 12:51am On Jan 22, 2019
Hahaha. Dino meets Dasuki. He has not even left Police custody he was already shooting off his mouth and sueing the Police.

And incase you are unaware, it is very legal to hold him on fresh charges.

Dino cannot supervise the shooting of a police officer and be walking free. Mba, that is unacceptable.
Re: Police Refuse To Release Melaye, Move To Arraign Him On Fresh Charges by TooMuchStuff: 12:52am On Jan 22, 2019
I knew it.
My gut tells me that Buhari & Bello would quietly kill that poor policeman in hospital then blame the death on Dino just to keep out of circulation till Buhari is done with Nigeria in accordance with his Islamisation agenda.

God would intervene....... Sure He would.....

1 Like

Re: Police Refuse To Release Melaye, Move To Arraign Him On Fresh Charges by GarriKoro(m): 12:58am On Jan 22, 2019
TheBlessedMAN:
Once an unwanted application start forming too hard to delete or uninstall, the next thing na to flash am comot for phone. Same formula can be applied in this case.
And then what is to be installed in its place? A cankerous virus?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Refuse To Release Melaye, Move To Arraign Him On Fresh Charges by netpro(m): 12:59am On Jan 22, 2019
TooMuchStuff:
I knew it.
My gut tells me that Buhari & Bello would quietly kill that poor policeman in hospital then blame the death on Dino just to keep out of circulation till Buhari is done with Nigeria in accordance with his Islamisation agenda.

God would intervene....... Sure He would.....

Keep disgracing yourself. If it was your relative whose shooting was ordered by Dino you will be here mouthing off.

All over the world, nobody harms police officers doing their job and not expect a blow back. His travails has nothing to do with Buhari nor the IGP.
Re: Police Refuse To Release Melaye, Move To Arraign Him On Fresh Charges by TheBlessedMAN: 1:04am On Jan 22, 2019
GarriKoro:
And then what is to be installed in its place? A cankerous virus?
I think thats left for me to decide. A good thing I av an unlimited subscription in my PVC. I will continue downloading until i get the perfect or if not perfect, a competent application. Thanks. Effective immediately, this conversation is over.

1 Like

Re: Police Refuse To Release Melaye, Move To Arraign Him On Fresh Charges by TooMuchStuff: 1:39am On Jan 22, 2019
netpro:

Keep disgracing yourself. If it was your relative whose shooting was ordered by Dino you will be here mouthing off.

All over the world, nobody harms police officers doing their job and not expect a blow back. His travails has nothing to do with Buhari nor the IGP.

Who be dis...?
U nefa sleep abi u na inside coven u dey yarn dust so..!
Buhari is wickedly wicked. Am sure of this.
Re: Police Refuse To Release Melaye, Move To Arraign Him On Fresh Charges by netpro(m): 2:15am On Jan 22, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

Who be dis...?
U nefa sleep abi u na inside coven u dey yarn dust so..!
Buhari is wickedly wicked. Am sure of this.

In the next few weeks, I see you and Atiku shouting No Referendum, No Erection grin
Re: Police Refuse To Release Melaye, Move To Arraign Him On Fresh Charges by Ironman3(m): 2:16am On Jan 22, 2019
Dino is in pain.
Re: Police Refuse To Release Melaye, Move To Arraign Him On Fresh Charges by Mynd44: 3:10am On Jan 22, 2019

(1)

2019 Presidency: MKO Abiola’s Son Endorses Atiku, Gives Reasons / Sss Dg Yusuf Magaji Allegedly Diverts Over N9 Billion / Why Buhari Will Win With Landslide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.