Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC (5767 Views)

Cameroon Hands Over 5,000 Nigerian Refugees To Borno Governor / #endsars: Oba Of Epe Sent Back Home As Protesters Block His Convoy / 40,000 Nigerian Refugees Chased Out Of Cameroon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by Ravon: 7:54am On Jan 22, 2019
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) reported that more than 9000 Nigerians had crossed to Cameroon where they were denied refuge following a deadly attack against the town of Rann...

Statement by Eric Batonon, Nigeria Country Director for the Norwegian Refugee Council:

“The Norwegian Refugee Council calls for Nigerian and Cameroonian authorities to provide immediate assistance to thousands of Nigerian civilians fleeing the violence. Last week, UNHCR reported that more than 9000 Nigerians had crossed to Cameroon where they were denied refuge following a deadly attack against the town of Rann, in northeast Nigeria. The forced return of civilians to areas of violence is a breach of international and regional agreements, such as the Tripartite Agreement, that guarantee the protection and human rights of forcibly displaced persons.

The authorities on both sides of the border should provide necessary assistance and safety for the displaced people and allow aid workers to assist.

The Norwegian Refugee Council is deeply concerned by the recent violence. Currently, there is no aid organisation left in Rann to make an accurate assessment of the humanitarian needs and of the number of people remaining in the town”

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2019/01/22/nigerian-refugees-fleeing-to-cameroon-cannot-be-sent-back-norwegian-refugee-council/

Re: Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by Joevics(m): 8:19am On Jan 22, 2019
People are fleeing their homes, yet Buhari and his minions say they have defeated Bokoharam.

If you don't feel anything for these people and vote for this clueless government.

The grace covering you will expire the day you thumbprint for them.
Your community will be next, so you can have a first hand taste of what they are passing through.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by faithfull18(f): 8:19am On Jan 22, 2019
Hmmn.
Re: Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by Webcamseller(f): 8:19am On Jan 22, 2019
G
Re: Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by Flexherbal(m): 8:20am On Jan 22, 2019
The Norwegian Refugee Council is deeply concerned by the recent violence. Currently, there is no aid organisation left in Rann to make an accurate assessment of the humanitarian needs and of the number of people remaining in the town”

Our leaders are so insensitive !

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by iammolahs(m): 8:20am On Jan 22, 2019
How I wish that I'm the one that will just leave this country
Re: Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by urchmanx(m): 8:20am On Jan 22, 2019
African and the way the handle things.
Re: Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by Reeses: 8:20am On Jan 22, 2019
Still love your Buhari much?

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by jerecrown(m): 8:21am On Jan 22, 2019
Just imagine a country of lawlessness

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by Reeses: 8:21am On Jan 22, 2019
If yll don't vote well Ghana and Cameroun will close down there borders.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by Arda1000(m): 8:22am On Jan 22, 2019
why don't the zoo media report this kind of thing

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by freemanbubble: 8:23am On Jan 22, 2019
isokay
Re: Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by Dobson43: 8:25am On Jan 22, 2019
Meanwhile, someone who is supposed to be accountable and responsible is busy campaigning for second term. Are those 9000 people not Nigerians who deserve security of their lives and properties. Nigeria is indeed a country of misplaced priorities and senile seniors. Little wonder the youths are termed lazy

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:25am On Jan 22, 2019
I just laugh when these Northerners troop to rallies without demands from their leaders, at least Atiku understands the need for education, but nobody including buhari values education up there

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by Racoon(m): 8:28am On Jan 22, 2019
"..The Norwegian Refugee Council is deeply concerned by the recent violence. Currently, there is no aid organisation left in Rann to make an accurate assessment of the humanitarian needs and of the number of people remaining in the town”
What a shame on this government.
Re: Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:30am On Jan 22, 2019
embarassed Even Bodo in Cameroon 5km from Rann dey form for us?

I'll always miss Rann.

Rest well my Humanitarian colleagues Yawe Son and Kachi embarassed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by RTSC: 8:30am On Jan 22, 2019
Reeses:
Still love your Buhari much?
They came out enmass for his campaign.

Talk about stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by helinues: 8:31am On Jan 22, 2019
They cant go back cos they don't trust the FG
Re: Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by Fuckyoumod: 8:37am On Jan 22, 2019
Useless organization always spending and wasting money on Islamic refugees... People with the potential of carrying bombs.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 22, 2019
What a country!
Re: Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by movetoca: 8:43am On Jan 22, 2019
Yet they will never get common sense to stop voting idiots. I used to pity Nigerians but I think they deserve the kind of leaders they have. Keep supporting people based on ethnic, religious and party affiliation. Mugus

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by tyaccess(m): 8:48am On Jan 22, 2019
please if you know about any job vacancy, kindly link me up, I'm in dire need of job. Save a soulí ½í¹í ¼í¿¼ BSc. holder with knowledge of graphic designing and base in Ibadan o8o 38o 444 six 7
Re: Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by Ravon: 8:49am On Jan 22, 2019
Re: Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by Onechancearmy(m): 8:51am On Jan 22, 2019
grin grin

What do I care? These same idiots will still vote for the dullard. Let them suffer the consequences of their evil religion and their DNA encoded stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by dullardpmb: 8:54am On Jan 22, 2019
All thanks to the dullard who released BH members and paid them ransom.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by cardoctor(m): 8:55am On Jan 22, 2019
H
Re: Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC by princetom1(m): 9:08am On Jan 22, 2019
Flexherbal:

Our leaders are so insensitive !

Call a spade, a spade.... Buhari.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Ambition Was To Become Inspector General Of Police –ribadu / Who Has More Money In Nigeria : A Senate President Or A Governor / Osun State Presidential Election Result - Punch (Ife central now added)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.