Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,118 members, 7,856,478 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 08:29 PM

The Killing Of Chief Christopher Nwafor Chukwu At Ufuma Aguwa In Orumba North LG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Killing Of Chief Christopher Nwafor Chukwu At Ufuma Aguwa In Orumba North LG (506 Views)

My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg / Peter Obi Condemns The Killing Of Christopher Ohizu (Ideato North LG Chairman) / Kaduna North LG Chair Presents ₦4.7 Billion 2022 Budget To Council Legislators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Killing Of Chief Christopher Nwafor Chukwu At Ufuma Aguwa In Orumba North LG by newsbrodcaster1: 8:14am On Jan 22, 2019
Since the amalgamation of Northern and Southern part of Nigeria in 1914 before the civil war Nigeria has never experienced any peace, it has always been one religious fight or another.
THE EMERGENCE OF THE INDIGENOUS PEOPLE OF BIAFRA (I.P.O.B).
In 2003, during Presidential election, Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu vied for presidential position in April poll with the aim of declaring the sovereign state of Biafra when he becomes the President under the platform of a party he formed called (APGA). APGA is Biafrans and Igbo Language meaning we are leaving; that is to say that the Biafra will soon be a sovereign state. Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu was the founding father of (M. A. S. S. O. B.) due to age and the fact that he is vying for Presidential position. Chief Uwazuruike was made the head of (M. A. S. S. O. B.) The Igbo’s (Biafrans) accused the Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra (M. A. S. S. O. B.) of compromising and aligning with the Federal Government, as a result of this alignment (M. A. S. S. O. B.) became weak with the movement, because of this reason Nnamdi Kanu the self acclaimed leader of the indigenous people of Biafra (I.P.O.B.) became very active in the movement.
THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR.
Nigeria has fought several religious wars but the one that lasted was the civil war, which lasted for three years (3 yrs.) from 1967 – 1970. Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu on the South – Eastern region and General Yakubu Gowon on the Nigerian Military side, it led to loss of lives and properties. The conflict that lasted for three years was later resolved at Iburi (Ghana).
THE AIM AND OBJECTIVE OF THE (I.P.O.B).
The aim of (I. P. O. B.) is to achieve a sovereign state of Biafra; The reason for this movement was due to the Marginalization of the South Eastern region of Nigeria due to Religion and ethnicity, irrespective of the fact that this people has oil at their disposal which contributes to more than 70% of Nigeria income. The south-eastern region of Nigeria are Christians while the ruling people are Muslims which are extremists and religion fundamentalists that has tried to Islamized the country but the South – Eastern politicians has always kicked against it; this has led to coup-de-dat in the past, during military regime and massacre in the current civil regime.
CHIEF CHRISTOPHER NWAFOR CHUKWU’S INVOLVEMENT.
Chief Christopher Nwafor was a member of the Movement for the actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra (M.A.S.S.O.B.). This group was formed by Chief Chuwkwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu.
Chief Christopher Nwafor Chukwu move from M.A.S.S.O.B. to I.P.O.B. because his lost of trust in M.A.S.S.O.B leadership, he became an active member of I.P.O.B. This group opine that the best way of solving Nigeria problem is to divide the country. The Muslim that has no religion and historical relationship with the Christians but was amalgamated by Fredrick Lord Lugard in 1914 without considering certain things in play like religion, socio-cultural and political ideology; will stay on their own. The Muslims refused because these Christians soil are naturally endowed with some natural resources like oil especially.
The story of (I. P. O. B.) has become a problem to the present day government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The people of Biafra land which is situated at the South-Eastern part of Nigeria; namely Anambra State, Enugu State, Abia State, Ebonyi state and Imo state has been agitating for their sovereign state before the civil war.
I.P.O.B AND THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT
The Nigerian President General Muhammadu Buhari has proscribed (I. P. O. B.) as a terrorist group to curb their excesses also the Nigeria Military has launched a program called Operation Python Dance which they sent troops of soldiers to all the Eastern part of Nigeria and instructed that they should apprehend any group or individual that will rise up with the name “IPOB”, “BIAFRA” or any other name relating to that.
THE DEATH OF CHRISTOPHER NWAFOR CHUKWU AND THE OTHERS
On the 11th day of June, 2016 one Chief Christopher Nwafor Chukwu a well respected high Chief of Ufuma – Aguwa village in Olumba North in Anambra State the heart base of I.P.O.B. summoned ple of Ufuma Aguwa in Olumba North in Anambra State to sensitize them on how to avoid the Nigeria Government with the new operation python dance II launched by the Nigeria Military.
The people of Ufuma Aguwa Community gathered in large population to Chief Christopher Nwafor Chukwu’s palace where he started addressing the people of Ufuma Aguwa in crowd. Some gun men in Nigeria Military uniform suspected to be the Nigeria soldiers stomp the compound of Chief Christopher Nwafor Chukwu and started shooting sporadically; after the incident Chief Nwafor lost his two guards on the spot; three died from the crowd while seven others was seriously injured.
Later, the gun-men on military uniform with their Toyota Hilux vans “ARMY” written on the body of the vans laid ambush on the youths of the community
On the 18th day of December, 2016 the gun-men on military uniform with their Toyota Hilux Vans “ARMY” written on the body of the vans came to Chief Christopher Nwafor Chukwu’s compound and killed him together with his security guards. One of the local tabloids says an eye witness who pleaded anonymous said these men search all nooks and cranny of the compound and later took the mayhem to the street of the community.
One of the local tabloids says an eye witness who pleaded anonymous said these men search all nooks and cranny of the compound and later took the mayhem to the street of the community.
At the time of compilation of this material it was gathered that Chief Christopher Nwafor Chukwu’s wife, daughter and the only surviving son Odira Christopher Chukwu was nowhere to be found.
ODIRA CHRISTOPHER CHUKWU
Odira Christopher who is supposed to take care of his father’s assets has been at large. It’s believed that the reason for his disappearance was as a result of the gun men suspected to be Nigeria Military men as no one can ascertain his whereabouts.
Currently, the Nigeria Military Soldiers has launched another program called Operation Python Dance III (three). This time around soldiers are being sent to all parts of the country to curb the act of terrorism; insurgency and many more.
THE NIGERIAN MILITARY
The Nigerian Chief of Army Staff Lt. General Tukur Buratai said the reason for this is to insure adequate security and bring back normalcy to the current security challenges in the country and has also warned the general public to desist from illicit behaviour that can cause problem or war in the country that any person caught in any act of terrorism, extremism, insurgency, v militancy and any undefined group gathering that will cause problem would be dealt-with by any means necessary.

(1) (Reply)

Onoghen Suspension: Ask Yourself Why PDP And ATIKU Put Campaign On Hold. / Niger Delta Youth Council Disowns Onnoghen / 100 Reasons Why Buhari Must Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.