Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,165 members, 7,849,599 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:14 AM

A 20 Year Old Blogger Hangs Himself After Losing His Iphone - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / A 20 Year Old Blogger Hangs Himself After Losing His Iphone (656 Views)

Orezi Speaks On Losing His N300M House To Fire( Video) / "Chioma And I Didn't Deserve That" - Davido Speaks On Losing His Son, Ifeanyi / Wizkid Refused To Attend Banky W's Weddings, Hangs Out With Son (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A 20 Year Old Blogger Hangs Himself After Losing His Iphone by maxigrammedia(m): 9:13am On Jan 22, 2019
A vlogger hanged himself after he was found “sobbing uncontrollably” because he misplaced his iPhone at an Arctic Monkeys party last year, an inquest heard.

Archie Day, 20, of Bishop Stortford, Herts in England, took his own life on October 5 at Peel Park halls of residence at Salford University in Greater Manchester.

A coroner said the undergraduate was “extremely upset” about losing his phone before he hanged himself. His family believe he did not intend to kill himself – blaming excessive drinking at the club night for contributing to him ”not thinking rationally.”

Archie, a keen Instagram vlogger and broadcast journalism student, had a history of depression and anxiety but told his family it had become less of an issue, an inquest heard.

In a statement, his flatmate Kane Markham said Archie’s friends were aware of his mental health battles but didn’t realise the severity. His Instagram page featured a post that read “Should have died already” and he listened to songs about depression, claimed Kane.

Kane said Archie had drunk “at least four drinks of Stella” that night, as well as sipping other people’s drinks. A 2.30am he messaged his friends asking where they were and they jokingly told him they had returned home.

When the group got into a cab they couldn’t find Archie and later found him “sobbing uncontrollably” in his digs with a security guard. When Kane returned from lectures that day Archie’s door was still locked and he left his friend alone.

The phone was later found 220 miles away in Romford, Essex, but it was never recovered.

Tests showed Archie had 225 milligrams per 100 millilitres of blood in his system, more than twice the legal limit.

https://www.crystalmag.com.ng/2019/01/a-20-year-old-blogger-hangs-himself.html
Re: A 20 Year Old Blogger Hangs Himself After Losing His Iphone by Trouble1: 9:15am On Jan 22, 2019
Oh boy! If I lose my iPhone e go pain me o .
But suicide ? Haba !
Re: A 20 Year Old Blogger Hangs Himself After Losing His Iphone by Jayslicky: 9:19am On Jan 22, 2019
My IPhone 8 that I sold for peanuts, that's what this one killed himself for. When I said most people that commit suicide are fools, they said I was harsh.

4 Likes

Re: A 20 Year Old Blogger Hangs Himself After Losing His Iphone by ShawttySoFyne(f): 9:20am On Jan 22, 2019
I don't believe it

1 Like

Re: A 20 Year Old Blogger Hangs Himself After Losing His Iphone by Tamarapetty(f): 9:29am On Jan 22, 2019
See wetin iphone don cause! R i p
Re: A 20 Year Old Blogger Hangs Himself After Losing His Iphone by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 22, 2019
His parents spent day and night working to get an iPhone for the guy, his Sister and his brother dropped out of school to contribute, his girlfriend and baby mama sold their APC pants to Yahoo boys to buy the iPhone..... Tell me why he not be mad! RIP I no pity you.
Re: A 20 Year Old Blogger Hangs Himself After Losing His Iphone by Peterdreddblog(m): 9:53am On Jan 22, 2019
sad

(1) (Reply)

Cossy Orijakor Says She Is Going In For Another Butt Enlargement This Year / Eiye Vs Aiye Clash: Kemi Olunoyo Calls On Davido To Help Nigerians In Malaysia / Why I’m Still Close To Tonto Dikeh’s Ex-husband – Rosaline Meurer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.