Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,239 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) (52018 Views)

Photos Of The Pilot And The Plane Missing With Emiliano Sala Of Cardiff City / Cristiano Ronaldo Criticized For Posting Private Jet Selfie After Emiliano Sala / "Dad, How Scared Am I": Emiliano Sala's Last Words As Plane Goes Down (Pics, Vid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) by Unluckrees(m): 12:50pm On Jan 22, 2019
The plane is missing not crashed, atleast that's I've read so far.

1 Like

Re: Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) by opera1(m): 12:51pm On Jan 22, 2019
Bad market for Cardiff, may God locate him, Amen
Re: Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) by bedspread: 1:02pm On Jan 22, 2019
[s]
Okoroawusa:

Hahahaha!

See bedspread.... Be deceiving ppl that don't know u.

How many times will I tell u?

There is nothing Christ-like in you.ATALL!
[/s]ignored
Re: Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) by AllenSpencer: 1:32pm On Jan 22, 2019
Benin people don't get am!

R.I.P to the dead.
Re: Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) by mechanics(m): 1:46pm On Jan 22, 2019
Christty:
This is serious. It will be found soonest.
Amen.
Re: Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) by coldFLARES1(m): 1:47pm On Jan 22, 2019
Iphone5:
Will the Transfer fee be refunded
If he was still playing with Nantes, I doubt if he would be making such trip at that time. From my layman perspective, wetin don loss don loss!

However, parties to the contract are better aware of the terms as well as loopholes they could test in a bid to seek redress.
Re: Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) by goodoo: 2:03pm On Jan 22, 2019
Iphone5:
Will the Transfer fee be refunded
that was exactly my thoughts or maybe percentage 50/50.
Re: Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) by Stanbaba30: 3:12pm On Jan 22, 2019
Dear Lord, if this true, let him please survive and live to play his game. I ask in Jesus name, Amen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) by Martartins(m): 3:16pm On Jan 22, 2019
where is the crash sites?
Re: Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) by Gkemz: 3:45pm On Jan 22, 2019
He bared farewell to his former teammates without knowing he was saying goodbye to mother earth. It's quite unfortunate. Death, inevitably is the only debt the living is owing.

1 Like

Re: Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) by alfaman3: 3:46pm On Jan 22, 2019
Mk17:
He is holding a shirt that reads visit Malaysia.
Any thing associated with Malaysia should be forbidden while trying to board a plane

I tell you.
My life was going well until I befriended a malaysian lady.
Re: Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) by Austema(m): 4:13pm On Jan 22, 2019
bedspread:
Let's all Live Prepared....
It can Happen anytime and any where..
It's appointed unto Man to Die once, after that Judgement......
ANYHOW YOU CAN , Get JESUS... it's the only way
Hello
Re: Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) by themanderon: 4:37pm On Jan 22, 2019
Heaven Forbids failure/death at the point of victory for all of us.
Re: Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) by koyeni(m): 4:57pm On Jan 22, 2019
angry
Re: Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) by juwoonn(m): 5:38pm On Jan 22, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
This is uncharted territory I guess. One thing I know is that the contract will be honoured and the money remitted to his family.
I hope so.
Re: Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) by lonelydora: 5:56pm On Jan 22, 2019
nelsonebby:
I so much hate this particular plane.

Not only you. It looks cheap and fake
Re: Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) by MrMacinterchi1: 6:15pm On Jan 22, 2019
Why does the News caption read ĺPlane crash" while the case has been reported as a "Missing plane" that went off the radar. That headline is deceiving oo and it's a bad omen as it still reads now.
Re: Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) by nymphomaniac(m): 6:35pm On Jan 22, 2019
He sorta predicted it..though unknowingly.

I hope he is found .. ALIVE!

LA ULTIMA CIAO
Re: Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) by AbujaBlue: 6:45pm On Jan 22, 2019
UPDATE

Search for Cardiff City FC player's plane suspended

Premier League footballer Emiliano Sala was on a light aircraft which went missing over the Channel Islands.

The £15m Argentine striker, 28, was one of two people on board the Piper Malibu which lost contact off Alderney in the Channel Islands on Monday night.

Cardiff City, which signed Sala from French club Nantes in a record deal on Saturday, said it was "very shocked".

Guernsey Police said there was "no trace" of the Cardiff-bound flight and has suspended the search for the night.

Sala's father, Horacio, told Argentine TV channel C5N, he heard the news from a friend.

"I didn't know anything. I couldn't believe it," he said. "I'm desperate. I hope everything goes well."

Meanwhile, John Fitzgerald, chief officer of the Channel Islands Air Search, said the probability of finding anyone alive from the missing aircraft was "reducing very rapidly".

"We have found no signs of those on board," the force tweeted.

"If they did land on the water, the chances of survival are at this stage, unfortunately, slim."

"I think with the sea temperatures and the sea conditions the chances of finding anybody alive are reducing all the time," he said.

"The sea temperatures are very, very cold and just sap the core temperature of anybody in the water very, very quickly."

The plane left Nantes in north west France at 19:15 and had been flying at 5,000ft when it contacted Jersey air traffic control requesting descent, Guernsey Police said.

The plane lost contact while at 2,300ft and disappeared off radar near the Casquets lighthouse, infamous among mariners as the site of many shipwrecks, eight miles (13km) north-west of Alderney.

The force added UK authorities have been calling airfields on the south coast to see if it landed there but there had been no confirmations and a decision about an overnight search would be made at sunset.

A spokesman for the French Civil Aviation Authority said the Piper PA 46 Malibu aircraft was French but had not been registered in France.

"We can confirm Emiliano Sala was on board," he said.

"This morning, the French research started with one French national navy ship and one aircraft. The investigation will determined which authority will take the lead on the research."

Sightings of red flares were reported during a lifeboat and helicopter search, but "nothing of significance was found", a Channel Islands Air Search spokeswoman said.

Police said on Tuesday more than 1,150sq miles had been searched by five aircraft and two lifeboats. The search had resumed after being called off overnight "due to strengthening winds, worsening sea conditions and reducing visibility".

Cardiff Airport confirmed the aircraft was due to arrive from Nantes at 20:45 but "did not arrive as planned.

Spencer Birns, commercial director at the airport, said: "We are in close contact with the Air Accident Investigation Branch (AAIB) and will continue to assist with their enquiries in any way we can."

Guernsey harbour master Captain David Barker said no distress call had been received and if the search continues into the night it is unlikely to have a good outcome.

"We are looking for any traces of an aircraft, a life raft, persons in the water, life jackets," he said.

The Met Office said conditions were not "too intense" at the time the aircraft went missing but had become wetter and windier later in the evening.

John Fernandez, a reporter for BBC Guernsey, said it was a difficult area to search.

"A number of search vessels are out searching the area. It's known for its strong currents - there are a number of shipwrecks," he added.

"The search area is absolutely massive at the moment. They're searching a number of different spots at the moment - they're not sure whereabouts this plane might have gone down."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-guernsey-46954922

Re: Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) by ikorodureporta: 6:45pm On Jan 22, 2019
Na so some of our false prophets go fly go
Re: Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) by Curvinus(m): 7:32pm On Jan 22, 2019
The principle of force majeure may be applied if he is not found.
Seems bleak but let's hope for the best.
Re: Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) by nymphomaniac(m): 8:56pm On Jan 22, 2019
Curvinus:
The principle of force majeure may be applied if he is not found.
Seems bleak but let's hope for the best.
yep. This one na act of God oh.
Re: Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) by Bundaweber: 8:58pm On Jan 22, 2019
chai emiliano sala one of my favourite strikers playing in french league. hope and pray he is still alive
Re: Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) by Ghedo99(m): 9:18pm On Jan 22, 2019
d guy z as good as dead...RIP

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs South Africa : International Friendly : (1 - 1) On 29th March 2015 / Masquerades Visit Victor Anichebe In His Hometown (Photos) / Highest Goalscorers In Laliga So Far This Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.