Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Pls You Ve Got To Read This And Advice Me - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pls You Ve Got To Read This And Advice Me (908 Views)

Pls You Must See This. We Must Encourage Ourselves. Tell Us Ur Talent. / Pls You Must See This. We Must Encourage Ourselves. Tell Us Ur Talent. / SCIENCE TUTORS: Meet Some Ones Academic/carrier Need Here, Show What U Ve Got (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls You Ve Got To Read This And Advice Me by msherida: 6:42pm On Aug 15, 2010
hi,

pls i seriously need advice , its about my daughter, i dont know what to do, she sat for last utme and scored 249, she choose, u.i for pharmacy as first choice, but her name did not come out for the first list , and we were assured another list will come out, but she has been offered admission at redeemer university for microbiology, and also she wants to try wesley university for industrial chemistry or information technology, the issue now is i dont want her to go for a course that the career prospect is not certain, or economically viable, not a course that she will struggle to find employment nor something that can not put suficient food on her table, because like me, i studied a course at the uni that i had to end up teaching

istly pls what is microbiology about? what is the career or job prospect, where can she work?

2ndly. is industrial chemistry any better? what is the career or job prospect, where can she work?

3rdly, information technology nko?

she is confused as well, as her heart is on the pharmacy at u.i, but we dont want to wait for u.i, in case they did not eventually come thru for her, so that she will not stay at home as she is fed up, we need to make a choice if u.i did not offer her. these private uni do not have much choice of courses for sciences , and hich other sciences courses are there that has good career prospect,

pls if you know about these things, dont just read and move on, you have to advice , tell me what you think.

thanks a lot, for your anticipated response and advice.
Re: Pls You Ve Got To Read This And Advice Me by Drkul(f): 7:33pm On Aug 15, 2010
hi, I also applied to a state uni but there list is not yet out nd i was admitted for biochem at redeemers uni. don't worry microbio is a nice course, ur daughter beta go pay for acceptance fee first at redeem b/4 d offer becomes late.
Re: Pls You Ve Got To Read This And Advice Me by Drkul(f): 8:08pm On Aug 15, 2010
:i
Re: Pls You Ve Got To Read This And Advice Me by msherida: 8:24pm On Aug 15, 2010
yes im online
Re: Pls You Ve Got To Read This And Advice Me by msherida: 8:47pm On Aug 15, 2010
@ dr kul, are u there?
Re: Pls You Ve Got To Read This And Advice Me by Drkul(f): 9:26pm On Aug 15, 2010
Re: Pls You Ve Got To Read This And Advice Me by manneger(m): 9:27pm On Aug 15, 2010
I think microbiology is nice but pharmacy is better, u can work in hospital as a microbiologist and even in industries. But pharmacy in ui is far more better, kings 200 level pharmacy uniport.
Re: Pls You Ve Got To Read This And Advice Me by benjyy(m): 10:43pm On Aug 15, 2010
Am speakin out of exprience. Ur daughter is a female,so wat she studies in university doesnt matter much,if she has gotten admission in any skool let her continue wit that and be serious wit it,u wil be suprised hw she wil fall in luv with dat course and skool after seeing d good side of dat course and that skool cuz there is no course dat is bad,besides,these days people dnt end up practicing wat they studied in skool. She might nt hv dat kind of opportunity again if she lets dis one goes by and time waits 4 nobody
Re: Pls You Ve Got To Read This And Advice Me by hafa01: 11:48pm On Aug 15, 2010
None of those courses are actually bad. What Nigerians always think is how can i secure a job after graduation? As far as i am concern, she can be self employed and still make good money. If this program is done abroad she will not have a problem getting a job. However, if she insist in studying pharmacy and if she is willing to study abroad, i will be willing to help. My organization have been assting students since 2006 to achieve their academic goals. Contact me at admission@hec-edu.us for futher details.
Re: Pls You Ve Got To Read This And Advice Me by msherida: 2:12pm On Aug 16, 2010
thanks so much everyone that took time to read and offer opinion. God Bless You, pls keep it coming
Re: Pls You Ve Got To Read This And Advice Me by remioshy(f): 5:35pm On Aug 19, 2010
hello, i think you should go for the redeemer as well so that you dont miss out toaylly and if the u.i come through then you can decide what to do
Re: Pls You Ve Got To Read This And Advice Me by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 19, 2010
Why not people tell the truth ind chemistry and micro biology are good courses but there is no employment opportunities,in some cases they face serious competition with those uneducated trained person who hav the technical know how,universities teach on theories.unless you hav vip connection she can get employed or she can manage small pay.
Re: Pls You Ve Got To Read This And Advice Me by EMMYD01(m): 7:07am On Aug 20, 2010
Well it all depend on what she want but honestly speaking microbiology is a very good course, so people are looking 4 d course and u are still doubting it. Have u not seen graduates of engineering who suppose to b in industries like oil company doing tutorial 4 students because there is no job 4 him after graduation but he read a very gud course. So let her do it cos her name may not come out in U.I
Re: Pls You Ve Got To Read This And Advice Me by remioshy(f): 3:06pm On Aug 21, 2010
is u.i still bringing another list for ist choice out

(1) (Reply)

Is There An Evening Programme In Business Admin Faculty Unilag / Portacabins & Pre-fabricated Steel Buildings / Noun Admissions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.