Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,596 members, 7,958,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:25 AM

I Am Not Cut Out For A Boring Christian Life'' - Tonto Dikeh Replies Critics - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Am Not Cut Out For A Boring Christian Life'' - Tonto Dikeh Replies Critics (850 Views)

Yul Edochie Replies Critics On 2nd Wife, Says 'Real Men Own Up' / Tonto Dikeh Replies IK Ogbonna, Threatens To Expose Him / Tonto Dikeh Replies A Troll Who Labelled Her A Witch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not Cut Out For A Boring Christian Life'' - Tonto Dikeh Replies Critics by Dailyhappenings: 4:19pm On Jan 22, 2019
Tonto Dikeh who describes herself as a ''Radical for Jesus'', Tuesday afternoon took to her Instagram page to reply 'Christians' that have attacked her in recent times for her actions.

In the last two days, Tonto's Christianity has been questionned by many Nigerian christians, majorly because of her closeness to self acclaimed Nigerian male barbie, Bobrisky and her recent visit to a night club in Lagos.

Responding to the attacks, Tonto said she is not cut out for a boring Christian life.

''It’s just so sad that a lot of Christians expect me to live a boring life. The truth is that I wasn’t born or cut out for boring. God gave me a very vibrant and interesting personality and I’m going to stay that way. There are many ways to draw people to Christ and the true message but unfortunately many Christians think you have to live a boring or Unkept life in order to achieve this. Well you don’t. Please lets get active and spread the message in innovative ways.
We exist here on Earth despite the fact we hail from ZION,so let Us use what we have here to on earth to show them the message and love of Christ.
I will also remind a tongue speaking,Demon chasing born again christain I see myself to be..
Love you all
#KINGTONTO #MAMAKING#RADICAL4JESUS

source: https://www.musictori.com/2019/01/tonto-dike-i-cantt-be-boring-christian.html

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: I Am Not Cut Out For A Boring Christian Life'' - Tonto Dikeh Replies Critics by pressplay411(m): 4:35pm On Jan 22, 2019
Dailyhappenings:
Tonto Dikeh who describes herself as a ''Radical for Jesus'', Tuesday afternoon took to her Instagram page to reply 'Christians' that have attacked her in recent times for her actions.

In the last two days, Tonto's Christianity has been questionned by many Nigerian christians, majorly because of her closeness to self acclaimed Nigerian male barbie, Bobrisky and her recent visit to a night club in Lagos.

Responding to the attacks, Tonto said she is not cut out for a boring Christian life.

''It’s just so sad that a lot of Christians expect me to live a boring life. The truth is that I wasn’t born or cut out for boring. God gave me a very vibrant and interesting personality and I’m going to stay that way. There are many ways to draw people to Christ and the true message but unfortunately many Christians think you have to live a boring or Unkept life in order to achieve this. Well you don’t. Please lets get active and spread the message in innovative ways.
We exist here on Earth despite the fact we hail from ZION,so let Us use what we have here to on earth to show them the message and love of Christ.
I will also remind a tongue speaking,Demon chasing born again christain I see myself to be..
Love you all
#KINGTONTO #MAMAKING#RADICAL4JESUS

Seconded.
Christianity is not boring. In fact it is so innovative.
Jesus Christ was never boring.
He spread the gospel in such profound and innovative ways.
He started his ministry at a wedding, not church.
He spread the gospel across borders.
He wined and dined with sinners.
He mixed with well known prostitutes.
He broke ethnic and gender barriers when he preached to the Samaritan woman by the well.
He also preached to religious leaders.
In fact he entered Jerusalem on a colt!

Talk about innovative evangelism!
But in all these he never fell, he never committed sin. The Jews were only being as always, judgmental. In fact, they couldn't find any charges against him, they only ended up crucifying him for his good works and futuristic authoritative and liberating gospel. Which was all to the fulfillment of His purpose in the Salvation and reconciliation of mankind and God, the Father.

Don't be judgmental about Christians simply based on who they associate with or where they hang out especially if they are of strong faith. You never can tell what God means to accomplish through them.
Perhaps through Tonto, Bobrisky may find salvation.

However, to re-emphasize, such moves require strength and maturity of faith. A babe who is still growing might not be able to handle certain environments and associations without falling.

May the Gospel of Salvation of Christ keep spreading!
Heaven is rejoicing.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Cut Out For A Boring Christian Life'' - Tonto Dikeh Replies Critics by Immaculatesnow(m): 4:53pm On Jan 22, 2019
grin the guy above me is a jobless pastor brainwashed troll grin tonto enjoy your toto cheesy you only get to live this life once

I have a verified Nigerian Adsense for sale
Re: I Am Not Cut Out For A Boring Christian Life'' - Tonto Dikeh Replies Critics by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 22, 2019
This lady should just stop this her ludicrous charade of being a born again Christian.Nobody is buying it.Light and darkness have nothing in common.It is either you belong to one or the other.You can't straddle between both.Doing so would only amount to an unwholesome level of self delusion.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Cut Out For A Boring Christian Life'' - Tonto Dikeh Replies Critics by ShawttySoFyne(f): 8:59pm On Jan 22, 2019
Kolombz:
This lady should just stop this her ludicrous charade of being a born Christian.Nobody is buying it.Light and darkness have nothing in common.It is either you belong to one or the other.You can't straddle between both.Doing so would only amount to an unwholesome level of self delusion.
Re: I Am Not Cut Out For A Boring Christian Life'' - Tonto Dikeh Replies Critics by Houseofglam7(f): 10:56pm On Jan 22, 2019
undecided
Stop giving this bimbo attention and she'll become suicidal
Re: I Am Not Cut Out For A Boring Christian Life'' - Tonto Dikeh Replies Critics by pressplay411(m): 11:08pm On Jan 22, 2019
Kolombz:
This lady should just stop this her ludicrous charade of being a born again Christian.Nobody is buying it.Light and darkness have nothing in common.It is either you belong to one or the other.You can't straddle between both.Doing so would only amount to an unwholesome level of self delusion.

Are you God?
Please don't judge her.
She's been through a lot especially in her marriage.

People change when situation forces them to.
Some for better, some for worse.

Is it not better she's at least choosing light than embracing darkness?

No she's not perfect. In fact, I question her behaviours and utterances still, but I understand one fact.
Christianity is a growrh process. A journey of faith.
Every believer is growing. The most important thing is to be saved.
The Holy Spirit knows how to convict every believer of sin, righteousness and judgment.
Re: I Am Not Cut Out For A Boring Christian Life'' - Tonto Dikeh Replies Critics by pressplay411(m): 11:09pm On Jan 22, 2019
Immaculatesnow:
grin the guy above me is a jobless pastor brainwashed troll grin tonto enjoy your toto cheesy you only get to live this life once

I have a verified Nigerian Adsense for sale

Lol no comment.
Re: I Am Not Cut Out For A Boring Christian Life'' - Tonto Dikeh Replies Critics by Nobody: 2:07am On Jan 23, 2019
pressplay411:

Are you God?
Please don't judge her.
She's been through a lot especially in her marriage.

People change when situation forces them to.
Some for better, some for worse.

Is it not better she's at least choosing light than embracing darkness?

No she's not perfect. In fact, I question her behaviours and utterances still, but I understand one fact.
Christianity is a growrh process. A journey of faith.
Every believer is growing. The most important thing is to be saved.
The Holy Spirit knows how to convict every believer of sin, righteousness and judgment.
If you think I'm being judgemental,well that is your own opinion.I called a spade a spade.
Do you know what it is to be a born again Christian?.The Bible emphatically stated that for "one to be a born again Christian,one has to be baptized by water and most importantly the Holy Spirit".Therefore we can rightly infer that being born again denotes being imbued with the Holy Spirit who subsequently dictates the lifestyle one lead(which is inclusive of the kind of things one do,say and the kind of friends one keep) in consonance with teachings of Christ.
It is totally needless for a true born christian to go about about averring that he/she is born again because his/her exemplary and Christ-like lifestyle would speak for him/her.
Can the same be said about Tonto dike?.
Moreover,the bible says"By their fruits you shall know them
".
Re: I Am Not Cut Out For A Boring Christian Life'' - Tonto Dikeh Replies Critics by NobleAngell(f): 3:38am On Jan 23, 2019
You can't be Godly and worldly at the same time. Its actually not by force to be born again but its in your own interest. You can't be in church and club at the same time, pick one and represent it fully.
Re: I Am Not Cut Out For A Boring Christian Life'' - Tonto Dikeh Replies Critics by pressplay411(m): 4:27am On Jan 23, 2019
Kolombz:

If you think I'm being judgemental,well that is your own opinion.I called a spade a spade.
Do you know what it is to be a born again Christian?.The Bible emphatically stated that for "one to be a born again Christian,one has to be baptized by water and most importantly the Holy Spirit".Therefore we can rightly infer that being born again denotes being imbued with the Holy Spirit who subsequently dictates the lifestyle one lead(which is inclusive of the kind of things one do,say and the kind of friends one keep) in consonance with teachings of Christ.
It is totally needless for a true born christian to go about about averring that he/she is born again because his/her exemplary and Christ-like lifestyle would speak for him/her.
Can the same be said about Tonto dike?.
Moreover,the bible says"By their fruits you shall know them
".

Are you born again?
If yes, did you bear all the fruit of the Spirit overnight?

Now this is where most Christians get it wrong and by so doing have pushed people away from the faith. You expect every believer to be at the same level once they become born again, but is that what the bible teaches?
Christianity is a journey of wilderness.
God takes His time to humble a convert. God takes His time pruning the believer, shaping and perfecting the believer like a Potter with His clay.

Even the pastors still have areas of weaknesses that God is still perfecting in their lives. Does that mean they're not born again? Have you moved close to your pastor to see his weakness?

Do you not know how Tonto Dikeh was before her marriage?
Can you compare the same person you observe today?,

What will you say about some fiery born again believers who stopped all the externally obvious sins but are struggling desperately with closet sins that so easily beset them viz masturbation, bitterness, envy anger, lust, pride, etc?

I used to be judgmental in the beginning, knowing how much sacrifice I was making from the sins that God delivered me from. But I realised, I didn't get there overnight. I also realised it also made me self-righteous, holding everyone else to standards.
Yes, I exhort and rebuke erring believers, but more importantly, I pray for them. Then I also patiently wait for God to work on them. When you want someone or something to change, just put it into prayers, God handles it in His appropriate time.

It dawned on me that, God works in mysterious ways. As I earlier posited, He might need her in certain places for His works by virtue of her influence in that industry. Or are you the one that will go and evangelise to Bobrisky and his ilks?
The other apostles could hardly witness to the Roman and Jewish authorities as Paul did, why? Because of his background and connection. Yet He was the most effective also at witnessing to Gentiles which were His core calling.

Give her some time, her walk through the path of righteousness has begun. It is the same Holy Spirit that did the work of her Redemption and Justification, that will continue the work of her Sanctification and Perfection for the Purpose He has for her..

Thank you.
Re: I Am Not Cut Out For A Boring Christian Life'' - Tonto Dikeh Replies Critics by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 4:32am On Jan 23, 2019
Her choice, her race. Some people will miss heaven for being judgmental sha

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See What Kanye West Did To His Brand New ₦71.8m Lamborghini Urus SUV / Nollywood Actor Jim Iyke Disgraced At The Mall By "My Guy" / Exclusive: 17 Months After Wedding, Bankyw's Wife, Adesua Wellington Is Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.