Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,616 members, 7,770,642 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:22 PM

“armed Robbers Killed My Wife On New Year Day For Protecting Me” - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / “armed Robbers Killed My Wife On New Year Day For Protecting Me” (641 Views)

2 Suspected Ogun Kidnappers/Armed Robbers Killed During Gun Battle With Police / How Armed Robbers Killed My Mother On New Year Day - Nigerian Lady / Robbers Killed During Shootout In Calabar. Graphic Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“armed Robbers Killed My Wife On New Year Day For Protecting Me” by jesutakewe(f): 5:35pm On Jan 22, 2019
By Esther Onyegbula

A man whose wife was killed by armed robbers on new year day has revealed that she lost her life while attempting to protect him. According to Mr. Akin who is still mourning the demise of his wife, “my home was invaded by daredevil robbers on new year day. While the operation was ongoing our children were in the church for the cross over service.

My wife and I were held hostage by the armed robbers. My wife was killed by the robbers because she stood between the robbers and me. She was pleading with them not to kill me. Unfortunately for my wife, one of the robbers pulled the trigger firing her on her chest. They made away with our phones, laptops and cash sum of two thousand, two hundred naira (N2,200)”.

One of the suspects Vanguard learned that on the first of January at about 4am some dare devil armed robbers stormed the home of one Mr. Akin and held the man and his wife Modupe Catherine now late, hostage at gunpoint while their children attended crossover service. Sequel to the sad event, operatives of the state anti robbery squad visited the scene and gathered items of evidential importance which were analysed leading to the arrest of one of the robbers.

During interrogation, he gave his name as Isah Shobayo and confessed committing the crime. He later led detectives to arrest one Ogundimu Olalekan who served as their armourer. According to the Commissioner of police, Imohimi Edgal, it will be recalled that the robbers invaded their homes on new year day while their children were in the church for the cross over service.

Unfortunately, Modupe was shot as she stood between the robbers and her husband pleading with them not to kill him. They made away with their phones, laptops and cash sum. Through painstaking investigation two members of a daredevil robbery gang that were involved in the murder Modupe Catherine in her home were arrested. They were arrested by operatives of the state anti robbery squad after critical analysis of the crime scene. Edgal added that “the arrest of the first suspect, Isah Shobayo led to the arrest of the gang’s armourer Ogundimu Olalekan.

(PHOTO: One of the suspects)
Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/01/armed-robbers-killed-my-wife-for-protecting-me/

Re: “armed Robbers Killed My Wife On New Year Day For Protecting Me” by Dogshow(m): 5:38pm On Jan 22, 2019
Chai
Re: “armed Robbers Killed My Wife On New Year Day For Protecting Me” by nepapole(m): 5:41pm On Jan 22, 2019
cry
Re: “armed Robbers Killed My Wife On New Year Day For Protecting Me” by Jayslicky: 5:42pm On Jan 22, 2019
I sorry sorry ooo I sorry for Nigeria i sorry sorry ooo, i sorry for Africa, hmm... Fela saw this coming. They killed the woman just to make away with two phones and 2200 naira, it is finished, never knew the poverty in Nigeria has gotten to this extent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “armed Robbers Killed My Wife On New Year Day For Protecting Me” by Jayslicky: 5:42pm On Jan 22, 2019
Re: “armed Robbers Killed My Wife On New Year Day For Protecting Me” by odogwu190(m): 5:43pm On Jan 22, 2019
Two ugly armed robbers!!!
Re: “armed Robbers Killed My Wife On New Year Day For Protecting Me” by jesutakewe(f): 5:55pm On Jan 22, 2019
Imagine carrying out robbery on new year day of all days.

But what were they doing at home when the children were in church for cross over service?
odogwu190:
Two ugly armed robbers!!!

1 Like

Re: “armed Robbers Killed My Wife On New Year Day For Protecting Me” by hahn(m): 6:05pm On Jan 22, 2019
What were the couple doing at home while they left their kids at the church?

Re: “armed Robbers Killed My Wife On New Year Day For Protecting Me” by decatalyst(m): 6:37pm On Jan 22, 2019
hahn:
What were the couple doing at home while they left their kids at the church?

The man will forever rue the decision not to go for the crossover service for year 2018, especially if he is a person that attends church regularly.

The wicked shall not know peace and the rest of the daredevils will be caught and made to face the law.

2 Likes

Re: “armed Robbers Killed My Wife On New Year Day For Protecting Me” by hahn(m): 6:44pm On Jan 22, 2019
decatalyst:

The man will forever rue the decision not to go for the crossover service for that year, especially if is a person that attends church regularly.

The wicked shall not know peace and the rest of the daredevils will be caught and made to face the law.

Sad really

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kidnappers Kills An American Soldier In Imo / 10 LASPOTECH Officials Arrested Over Alleged Attempted Murder / Two Children Killed By Intoxicated Clubber In Akwa Ibom (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.