Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Herdsmen Chased Investors I Wooed From China, Says Ortom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Chased Investors I Wooed From China, Says Ortom (391 Views)

I Stand With Wike, Says Ortom / Benue: PDP Replies APC, Says Ortom Not Aware Of Hunters' Activities / We Borrow To Pay Salaries, Says Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen Chased Investors I Wooed From China, Says Ortom by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 22, 2019
Benue State Governor Samuel Ortom says the attacks on some Benue communities by suspected herdsmen has prevented Chinese investors from doing business in Benue state.
Suspected herdsmen had attacked villages in Guma and Logo local governments in Benue state killing dozens and destroying properties.
Before these attacks, Governor Ortom, who is seeking a second term in office, embarked on business trips to China to woo investors to the state.
With few weeks to the 2019 governorship election, residents of Makurdi, have expressed concerns about the impact of those trips as “there are no businesses established in the state”.
In an exclusive interview with Pulse in Makurdi on Sunday, January 20, 2019, Ortom blamed this on the security challenge in the state.
“Several delegations of Chinese firms came to Benue and were interested in Taraku Mills ad establishing new industries because Benue state is endowed with agricultural produce and the value addition is very little,” Ortom began.
“As someone with the background in the public sector and haven served as a minister in the Federal Ministry of Trade and Industry, Trade and Investment, I believe that if we go into processing of agricultural produce, they will add value by providing jobs, creating opportunities and wealth.
“For me, I looked forward that there should be processing industries in the state but the challenge I have is that all the investors that we were able to woo into the state, the security problem sent them away. I think they are waiting for an improvement in the security situation so that they can come back.
“No one would want to bring his investment to where Fulani herdsmen would come and destroy it or be killed. That is a big challenge. The security challenge has brought a setback to the programmers and plans that we had for Benue state right from the inception of this administration.
“It is a great concern to me that when I go out, I see most of our youths moving around and asking for peanuts. I feel very sad because we should provide leadership that would create jobs for our young men to keep them busy,” he declared.
Lamenting the attack on his farm by suspected herdsmen few weeks ago, the governor said his administration would ensure the safety of lives and properties of Benue people.

http://www.benuenews.ng/herdsmen-chased-investors-i-wooed-from-china-says-ortom/

Cc mynd44
Cc seun
Cc lalasticlala

Re: Herdsmen Chased Investors I Wooed From China, Says Ortom by baliyubla: 7:56pm On Jan 22, 2019
Buhari the terrorist herdsmens patron must not go unpunished.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Chased Investors I Wooed From China, Says Ortom by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 22, 2019
Herdsmen well sponsored by buhari, BMO, paid zombies and APC in association with the miyetti Allah terrorist organization which is the big brother and the back bone of herdsmen... Terms and condition app!y
Re: Herdsmen Chased Investors I Wooed From China, Says Ortom by crafteck(m): 8:19pm On Jan 22, 2019
And una still wan vote fulani... Smh
Re: Herdsmen Chased Investors I Wooed From China, Says Ortom by meeky007(m): 8:19pm On Jan 22, 2019
No security

Re: Herdsmen Chased Investors I Wooed From China, Says Ortom by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 22, 2019
And Miyetti Allah Cattle Herders are not designated a terrorist organisation

Re: Herdsmen Chased Investors I Wooed From China, Says Ortom by Kingspin(m): 9:24pm On Jan 22, 2019
This is the type of news Buhari, the cabals and his supporters love to hear.
Re: Herdsmen Chased Investors I Wooed From China, Says Ortom by SalamRushdie: 9:27pm On Jan 22, 2019
Buhari has always been synonymous with chasing away investors and attracting terrorist , poverty , uncertainty and bloodshed
Re: Herdsmen Chased Investors I Wooed From China, Says Ortom by Daviddson(m): 9:30pm On Jan 22, 2019
An urgent action has to be taken to rein in on these murderous herdsmen. They feel they're untouchable due to Buhari's deafear approach.

An end has to be brought out to herding cattle in a 21st century Nigeria.
Re: Herdsmen Chased Investors I Wooed From China, Says Ortom by magoo10(m): 9:32pm On Jan 22, 2019
That is what terrorists will do
Re: Herdsmen Chased Investors I Wooed From China, Says Ortom by slimfit1(m): 9:56pm On Jan 22, 2019
Big lie my friend you probably chased them with kickbacks. American investors still invest in Afghanistan. Benue's case is more of community clash.

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: An African President (Bomas of Kenya) Mocks Nigerian Politicians / Sultan Mohammed Of The UAE -forever Yours! / AMBODE! See The Two Other Options Lagos Assembly Gave The Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.