Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial (11822 Views)

Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo / Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by pryme(m): 7:16am On Jan 23, 2019
bkool7:
Are you insinuating that the court that stopped Ganduje's investigation lacked jurisdiction?

Lol, you guys are funny. No court in the land has the jurisdiction to try a sitting Governor.

You should know that, even as APC and Buhari hate Fayose, them or any court could not touch him until he left office.
You should take time out to learn the game your enemies are playing so that you won't give them advantage because of your ignorance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by mrvitalis(m): 7:19am On Jan 23, 2019
islandmoon:
Dasuki is a strong PDP member, prosecute one northern Muslim who is APC member , then I will believe you are not bias , buratai has been accused of corruption buying house in Dubai by Sahara reporters, Snake swallowed jamb money, your all spent millions to cut grass, Ganduje video evidence is enough to kick him off, if nothing stopped you from trying Dino, nothing should stop you from trying them

The senator from Jos must be the pdp chairman right?

Go and edit your post again.

3 Likes

Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by Folohunsho20(m): 7:20am On Jan 23, 2019
I knew the attempted attempt of both the FHC and NIC would end in futility. I couldn't fathom,.right from outset why a twin would claim being older than other. Nonsensicality

4 Likes

Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by Boyooosa(m): 7:32am On Jan 23, 2019
how long will we do this? abeg we need a JERRY RAWLINGS lawd!

2 Likes

Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by Enuose242(m): 7:33am On Jan 23, 2019
Someone that was charged to court for bribery to the tune of 10 million and 1.8 million respectively is still heading the Cct and you say he would be unbiased

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by bkool7(m): 7:44am On Jan 23, 2019
pryme:

Lol, you guys are funny. No court in the land has the jurisdiction to try a sitting Governor.

You should know that, even as APC and Buhari hate Fayose, them or any court could not touch him until he left office.
You should take time out to learn the game your enemies are playing so that you won't give them advantage because of your ignorance.

I think you're misquoting me.

Kano State Assembly has the power to investigate and subsequently impeach an earring governor
Ganduje ran to a court of competent jurisdiction to stop his investigation (for whatever reasons)
The court asked both parties to maintain status quo until the case had been heard.

Now, how is the court trying Ganduje?
Or

2 Likes

Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by smalls001: 7:48am On Jan 23, 2019
Kingspin:
Rejecting a court order is sign of the height of lawlessness experience in this country.
The police have join the trend.
Very shameful.
Did you read properly or is it that you cannot understand. The CCT was established directly from the constitution, hence no court can direct it not to carry out its duty. When it's done with Onnoghen, then he can go to the Appeal Court. It's that simple.

1 Like

Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by pryme(m): 8:13am On Jan 23, 2019
bkool7:

I think you're misquoting me.

Kano State Assembly has the power to investigate and subsequently impeach an earring governor
Ganduje ran to a court of competent jurisdiction to stop his investigation (for whatever reasons)
The court asked both parties to maintain status quo until the case had been heard.

Now, how is the court trying Ganduje?
Or

Of course a sitting Governor can be removed, but that is done by impeachment. I have never seen a court remove a sitting Governor (unless it's related to elections and the process how he/she won the election).
But in this case we are talking about a judge, I quoted you because you think both are the same.
Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by seunmsg(m): 8:27am On Jan 23, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

Lol bros i thought you were boasting he will be arrested yesterday? Your eyes don't clear baa?

Well to cut your fantasy short.The CJN will never appear before any kangaroo tribunal.

He will also not resign as the CJN but will remain to constitute the election tribunals and the Rivers APC case.

Before monday he will secure another court order from either the appeal or supreme court halting the CCT trial

The CCB must follow due process by referring the case to the NJC

Pa Chuks abeg stop supporting nonsense. The game is up for the corrupt and partisan CJN. The FHC and NIC judgement that you were flaunting yesterday is now as worthless as a tissue paper. If the CJN refuse to appear in court onnJanuary 28, a warrant of arrest will be issued to bring him in. There no running away from the law anymore, he has been cornered.

1 Like

Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by southpole: 8:45am On Jan 23, 2019
islandmoon:
Dasuki is a strong PDP member, prosecute one northern Muslim who is APC member , then I will believe you are not bias , buratai has been accused of corruption buying house in Dubai by Sahara reporters, Snake swallowed jamb money, your all spent millions to cut grass, Ganduje video evidence is enough to kick him off, if nothing stopped you from trying Dino, nothing should stop you from trying them
Dino is not on the same status with Ganduje the former has no lmmunity while the latter has
Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by Dootty(m): 9:14am On Jan 23, 2019
But Kano state judge can stop the state of house of assembly from doing its constitutional duty of oversight on the executive?
Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:17am On Jan 23, 2019
seunmsg:

Pa Chuks abeg stop supporting nonsense. The game is up for the corrupt and partisan CJN. The FHC and NIC judgement that you were flaunting yesterday is now as worthless as a tissue paper. If the CJN refuse to appear in court onnJanuary 28, a warrant of arrest will be issued to bring him in. There no running away from the law anymore, he has been cornered.
lol shebi you know the court of appeal will rule tomorrow? and the supreme court is also yet to rule.Besides the CCT adjourned until Jan 28 to rule on jurisdiction.The CJN is definitely not going to appear as he is still challenging the jurisdiction.

BTW the supreme court will put the CCT in its place when it delivers judgement.The CCT is definitely not of the same jurisdiction as the FHC and will be rightly told so.Just watch out
Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:19am On Jan 23, 2019
pryme:

Of course a sitting Governor can be removed, but that is done by impeachment. I have never seen a court remove a sitting Governor (unless it's related to elections and the process how he/she won the election).
But in this case we are talking about a judge, I quoted you because you think both are the same.

Likewise a sitting CJN can be removed by the NJC or the senate and put on trial.Why are you scared of following the rule of law in the CJN's case but not in Ganduje's case?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by senatordave1(m): 9:54am On Jan 23, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

Likewise a sitting CJN can be removed by the NJC or the senate and put on trial.Why are you scared of following the rule of law in the CJN's case but not in Ganduje's case?
How do you expect the njc which onnoghen is heading to investigate him properly? Its a matter of time.
Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by senatordave1(m): 9:56am On Jan 23, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

lol shebi you know the court of appeal will rule tomorrow? and the supreme court is also yet to rule.Besides the CCT adjourned until Jan 28 to rule on jurisdiction.The CJN is definitely not going to appear as he is still challenging the jurisdiction.

BTW the supreme court will put the CCT in its place when it delivers judgement.The CCT is definitely not of the same jurisdiction as the FHC and will be rightly told so.Just watch out
My dear,onnoghen has been cornered.if the case gets to the supreme court which onnoghen heads,who will constitute the panel to hear the case? Who will still be incharge of the supreme court? I see him resigning soonest
Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by islandmoon: 10:09am On Jan 23, 2019
mrvitalis:
The senator from Jos must be the pdp chairman right?
Go and edit your post again.
quit smoking , I wonder were you see a senator from jos
Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:20am On Jan 23, 2019
senatordave1:

My dear,onnoghen has been cornered.if the case gets to the supreme court which onnoghen heads,who will constitute the panel to hear the case? Who will still be incharge of the supreme court? I see him resigning soonest

lol he will only resign in your dreams.Did your Buhari resign over his nepa bill certificate case? DId he resign when he was accused of acquiring keystone bank.Who will the EFCC,ICPC,Police etc report their investigations to over this allegations.Buhari must resign!!! cool cool cool
Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:21am On Jan 23, 2019
senatordave1:

How do you expect the njc which onnoghen is heading to investigate him properly? Its a matter of time.

That is your problem.The law says he cannot be investigated without recourse to the NJC.All he needs to do is to recuse himself as chairman.
Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by senatordave1(m): 10:26am On Jan 23, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

That is your problem.The law says he cannot be investigated without recourse to the NJC.All he needs to do is to recuse himself as chairman.
Just like katsina ala didnt recuse himself years ago,he wont also.nmoreover the njc will be biased
Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:28am On Jan 23, 2019
senatordave1:

Just like katsina ala didnt recuse himself years ago,he wont also.nmoreover the njc will be biased

who cares? The law is the law and must be obeyed.BTW the CJN will not be CJN forever.Wait for him to retire and try him afterwards
Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by Olumeme: 10:49am On Jan 23, 2019
netpro:
Justice should run its course. The accused should defend the charges and stop looking for frivolous injunction to hide under.

And protesting lawyers led by one Ugochinyere are the ones being political and insinuating Onnoghen is perhaps working for PDP, the more reason he can't remain the CJN.

LOL, those injunctions are there not for decoration.
Law does not work with emotions bro
Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by pryme(m): 11:44am On Jan 23, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

Yeah, so you are saying since the Governor is wrong it makes the CJN right Abi?
Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:59am On Jan 23, 2019
pryme:

Yeah, so you are saying since the Governor is wrong it makes the CJN right Abi?

did I say the Governor was wrong? I said the same law that confers imunity on the Governor also said the CJN cannot be prosecuted without recourse to the NJC.The law is the law whether you like it or not.

The case against the CJN will go nowhere unless he is indicted by the NJC.All these media noise will amount to nothing
Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by pryme(m): 12:04pm On Jan 23, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

did I say the Governor was wrong? I said the same law that confers imunity on the Governor also said the CJN cannot be prosecuted without recourse to the NJC.The law is the law whether you like it or not.

The case against the CJN will go nowhere unless he is indicted by the NJC.All these media noise will amount to nothing

Really?
You think you Know?
Well you know just a little.
Just relax and watch the fireworks.
Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by baby8ace(m): 12:13pm On Jan 23, 2019
Please help a friend ,am in need of a job.
Qualification- HND in Statistics
Location-Ibadan
Contact- mail - henryify33@gmail.com
Mobile -08030643812.
Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by Kingspin(m): 1:01pm On Jan 23, 2019
smalls001:

Did you read properly or is it that you cannot understand. The CCT was established directly from the constitution, hence no court can direct it not to carry out its duty. When it's done with Onnoghen, then he can go to the Appeal Court. It's that simple.
It is you who don't read and understand. There is a court order and it ought to have been fellow no matter who is the beneficiary.
Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:04pm On Jan 23, 2019
pryme:

Really?
You think you Know?
Well you know just a little.
Just relax and watch the fireworks.
lol you people have been ranting in the media and the man has no even bothered to show up before your kangaroo tribunal.It must be very frustrating grin grin grin grin Fireworks ko waterworks ni
Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by smalls001: 1:30pm On Jan 24, 2019
Kingspin:
It is you who don't read and understand. There is a court order and it ought to have been fellow no matter who is the beneficiary.

Like I said before, you are finding it hard to understand, the FHC cannot stop the CCT from carrying out its constitutional duty.
Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by Kingspin(m): 4:39pm On Jan 24, 2019
smalls001:

Like I said before, you are finding it hard to understand, the FHC cannot stop the CCT from carrying out its constitutional duty.
Not even the president, national assembly or anybody can dis-regard court declaration unless you are coming for anarchy. You ought to know the law very well and stop behaving like bellow APc
Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by smalls001: 6:17pm On Jan 24, 2019
Kingspin:
Not even the president, national assembly or anybody can dis-regard court declaration unless you are coming for anarchy. You ought to know the law very well and stop behaving like bellow APc
No use arguing with you. Please google definition of 'jurisdiction'. I want to believe you at least have some education in you so you should understand that one. Good bye. I wont waste my time with you.
Re: CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial by Kingspin(m): 6:23pm On Jan 24, 2019
smalls001:

No use arguing with you. Please google definition of 'jurisdiction'. I want to believe you at least have some education in you so you should understand that one. Good bye. I wont waste my time with you.
That CCT is above the court of the land. Stop joking if you are.

(1) (2) (Reply)

N186bn For Health Sector Omitted As Revised 2020 Budget Approval Suffers Setback / Magboro Communities Threaten To Boycott Ogun LG Polls Over Dredgers' Activities / Judge Signs Release Order Of Igboho’s Aides, After 53 Days In DSS Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.