Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,533 members, 7,954,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:01 PM

Webmasters Advise Needed - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmasters Advise Needed (571 Views)

I Want To Create Websites And Sell - Advise Needed / Webmaster Advise Needed / SEO Optimization Techniques That Webmasters Ignore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Webmasters Advise Needed by gozzynes(m): 7:54am On Aug 16, 2010
Good day House,
pls can some one help me on how to get access to over write the contents on my cpanel. l'm having a problem after l updated my website to use wordpress 3.1 template and after deleting some contents from my file transfer, it stil says cannot installon the home directory.

Can the content of the cpanel be restored to the status as a newly hosted website.If yes, Pls rely through mail. God will bless you for the information offered.

Thank you very much. for the assistance.
Re: Webmasters Advise Needed by DualCore1: 8:08am On Aug 16, 2010
Your host should have a support email.
Re: Webmasters Advise Needed by sayhi2ay(m): 4:03pm On Aug 16, 2010
wordpress 3.1 is not a template, next time you upgrade, do it automatically so you don't mess your files up, and if you must do it manually, do NOT for any reason delete your wp-contents folder.

maybe some files didn't get replaced during your installation cos of an abortion that might be due to slow connection, try updating the files again, but remember, don't update/upgrade/delete the wp-contents folder.

your host should have a backed up copy of all your previous folders anyways,
Re: Webmasters Advise Needed by timchuks87: 9:26pm On Aug 18, 2010
You must be wordpress savvy. I think wordpress is the most dynamic platform, on first sight you'd think its a just a blogging platform but it can be used to host anything from your CMS sites, Job sites, Editorial sites. You wouldn't believe Huffington Post is hosted on wordpress. Really amazing!
Re: Webmasters Advise Needed by lactemps(m): 11:32pm On Aug 19, 2010
You can do a FRESH installation if the previous one is just very fresh (ie. without contents yet) or download the wordpress file from wordpress.org, unzip & then up load it to your root directory.

(1) (Reply)

Need A Professional Css/joomla Developer? / Want To Design A Website? / If U Need A Web Design Trainer In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.