Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Oscars 2019: Bulger's Mother 'disgusted' Over Nomination Of Her Son's Killers - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Oscars 2019: Bulger's Mother 'disgusted' Over Nomination Of Her Son's Killers (235 Views)

2021 AJIF Heroes & ICONS Award: Nomination Of Ogechi Lucy Akaedu A Well Deserved / Aspirants Kick Against Nomination Of Ex-boluwaduro LG Chairman As Council Nomine / Naus Back Nomination Of Nas- State Ex Deputy Gov As Npc Chair. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oscars 2019: Bulger's Mother 'disgusted' Over Nomination Of Her Son's Killers by Isuachrist: 10:26am On Jan 23, 2019
The mother of murdered toddler James Bulger says she is "disgusted" a film about the boys who killed her son in 1993 has been nominated for an Oscar.

It sure it painful when someone does not know the deepness of losing someone – but a son.
The mother of murdered toddler James Bulger says she is "disgusted" that his son’s death by her killers has been nominated for an award

Surprisingly, it has made the shortlist for the Academy's best live action short film.

The popular film was made by Irish director Vincent Lambe, who has previously apologized for not making Mrs. Fergus aware of it soon enough and "for any upset the film may have caused".

Owning to this, late James Bulger’s mom said "I cannot express how disgusted and upset I am that this so-called film has been made and now nominated for an Oscar," Denise Fergus tweeted.

While we may not view it as not necessary the bad news is that it recreates the moments before and after 10-year-olds Robert Thompson and Jon Venables took James from a shopping Centre in Bootle, Merseyside, as well as their police interviews.

In a defiance to the film, "The reason the film was made was to try and offer more of an understanding as to how these two 10-year-old boys could have committed such a horrific crime because I think if we don't understand the cause of it, it's likely that something similar will happen again in the future." Said Lambe.

Re: Oscars 2019: Bulger's Mother 'disgusted' Over Nomination Of Her Son's Killers by freshngwaboy(m): 10:27am On Jan 23, 2019
he knew your son was going to be useless.
you should be thanking him for great job done.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Be An Oap ? I Want To Be An Oap / Condemnations Trail Service Extension For Anambra Teachers / Beautiful Actress, Juliet Ibrahim Hints On Being Single And Searching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.