Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

INTERVIEW: How Buhari Administration Will Deliver On Promises Before 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INTERVIEW: How Buhari Administration Will Deliver On Promises Before 2019 (463 Views)

APC Shares Fayose Throwback Interview With Channels TV Before 2019 Election / Top 10 Questions For President Buhari Before 2019 Presidential Election / "Our Refineries Will Be Fully Functional Before 2019 Ending" - Kachikwu Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INTERVIEW: How Buhari Administration Will Deliver On Promises Before 2019 by coolwater11: 4:19pm On Jan 23, 2019
In this interview with Nigeria’s Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo conducted by Zain Asher, CNN’s International Correspondent at the Nigerian Bar Association General Conference which held recently in Lagos, Mr. Osinbajo speaks on how the current administration plans to deliver on its numerous promises to Nigerians in the socio-economic and political terrain.

Transcript of the interview below:

Excerpts:

Can you list the achievements of this administration?

Vice President: I think the single greatest achievement of the administration so far is really setting the foundations for the economic recovery of the country. I think those foundations are important because first, we were dealing with a mono-economy, mono-export, ‘mono everything’ practically. But more importantly, we were also dealing with a system of public finance that was essentially opaque and if you like, a fair amount of corruption. Not even so much corruption in some cases, that it was difficult in some cases to even discover how it was the economy survived the extent of that corruption. So, I think maybe the point is that we are rebuilding that economy and we have laid what I believe is a very solid foundation especially the public finance system beginning of course with ensuring that we block all of the loopholes.

We have continuous audits now, we have an efficiency unit that ensures there is efficiency in government expenditure, we have the TSA – the Treasury Single Account that ensures that we are able to monitor government spending and revenue closely, and we have modified the tax system so that it is more efficient.

We also have the Executive Orders, we are looking at transparency in government business, we are looking at annual budgets of small agencies, and another is Voluntary Assets Declaration and another one on local content, encouraging local content. I think really where we are is a situation where we have cleared the mess, the debris and we are laying a solid foundation for modernizing the economy.

Are the average Nigerians feeling the results?

Follow story: https://www.icanbepresident.org/2018/12/25/interview-how-buhari-administration-will-deliver-on-promises-before-2019-osinbajo/

(1) (Reply)

Fulfilling The Promise Of Infrastructural Consolidation/expansion / See When INEC Will Release List Of Ad Hoc Staffs / Foremost APC Governorship Aspirant Collapses Structure For Gov. Emmanuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.